Does Chart Success Matter To You?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Does Chart Success Matter?

• Yes
    • No
    • To a degree

Featured Posts

ryhanna

I'm not as active here as I used to be, but back in the day I have to admit I put a little more faith in chart success than I do now. I thought "what's the point of being a pop star if Gaga's not making hits?" 

But over the past few years I've sort of gotten out of the pop scene (which kinda got stale for me) and explored a lot more alternative artists who don't have that kind of mainstream success. Now I think I'd be perfectly happy for Gaga to move away from trying to appeal to radio and trends and just make music that ... isn't 'meant' to chart. That doesn't mean that it won't be high energy or catchy or fun, just that it'll move away even more from the part of the music industry that's so... lame.

So what do you guys think? Do you care if LG6 sells 10 copies or are you going to be watching the chart news like a hawk, like I used to? 

ryanripley

it's interesting to follow sometimes but it in no way alters my opinion on gaga's music or anyone elses

a huge chunk of my music library consists of artists who have/never will chart ever in their careers but i don't give two f*cks because it's beautiful music :legend: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland

I've dealt with her underperformance on the charts now. If something charts high and becomes a hit, amazing. If it doesn't, still okay as long as it's a great song.

KatieJudasGaga4

To me, it shows how much people are realizing how good Gaga's songs are and how many people pay attention to them. Like I got really happy with MR peaking at #4 and Judas at #10

loathereality

it matters to a certain extent, it is good to see a song you like slaying the charts so i said yes but this does nt mean that i will be enjoying all of the songs on the charts and hating the songs that are not on the charts

i still said yes cuz noone will think like that anyway

A Very Gaga Holida

Paparazzi peaked at #6. 

And yet the song is bigger than any #1 single from Katy Perry or Britney. 

So I voted "to a degree" since I would rather have an iconic song than a #1 one. 

TheWitness
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

Paparazzi peaked at #6. 

And yet the song is bigger than any #1 single from Katy Perry or Britney

Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves 

Paparazzi is amazing but I doubt it’s bigger than Roar or BOMT

Host Of Lyricasism

TheSlash

Not at all, unless Gaga's music charts on #1 :whitney: 

Spoiler

Me, the first 5 minutes after a Gaga song dropped from #1 and being replaced by generic sh*t

giphy.gif

Ew, David!

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, TheWitness said:

True, but Paparazzi deserved #1 lol

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Not at all, unless Gaga's music charts on #1 :whitney: 

Hide contents

Me, the first 5 minutes after a Gaga song dropped from #1 and being replaced by generic sh*t

giphy.gif

Blame Kelly Clarkson (Just Dance), The Black Eyed Peas (Poker Face) and Katy Perry (Born This Way) for this in the US.

TheSlash
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Blame Kelly Clarkson (Just Dance), The Black Eyed Peas (Poker Face) and Katy Perry (Born This Way) for this in the US.

giphy.gif

Ew, David!

A Very Gaga Holida
20 minutes ago, TheWitness said:

Roar or BOMT are from being as loved & played on radio nowadays as Pararazzi though

Andreu

No

But on the other hand I Love following charts week after week for the mere entertainment

Archived