Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Most Overrated Pop Girl?

POP2

Most Overrated Pop Girl?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most overrated pop girl?

Featured Posts

Sebastiaan De Graaf

Katy Perry since she used to copy Gaga with her blue wigs to gain popularity and the fact that she went popular because of a controversial song in the first place. Gaga went famous because of her music and afterwards they began to see how glaring her appearances were. Taylor wasn't immediately famous, she had to make it on her own. She may not sing amazing all the time but she has strong songwriting skills and she is definitely talented and smart. She is kinda underrated as an artist to a lot of people. She is more like the Dolly Parton of this century: not extremely controversial but decent songs and good songwriting skills (I'm sorry Rumours:reductive:)

The fact that 50 percent voted for Beyoncé:huntyga: Beyoncé managed to make hits for 2 decades, can sing very good, has an appeal, can dance..

Britney can/could dance, wouldn't call her overrated.

Rihanna may be overrated since her music is especially radio hits with some expectations. However, she has a big sex appeal and she has an attitude people can't escape from.

Kesha used to be overrated but now she is underrated:awkney:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's Dua Lipa?

#noshade

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Sebastiaan De Graaf
2 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

My thoughts exactly. At least Beyonce can sing and dance. Plus Beyonce is pretty decent at pretending to be cool/innovative and Taylor is well.. we all heard End Game :triggered:

Taylor can sing decent, stop reaching:huntyga: You build up an conclusion without even hearing all of her performances. She dances alot on her Reputation Tour but people shouldn't see her as a dancer you know. Taylor can be innovative as well, she managed to have the most awarded country and also pop album of all time. And with that being "cool", it has all to do with the media. Do some research:poot: End Game was my jam but it deserved to flop of course:huntyga:

Sebastiaan De Graaf
1 minute ago, 009 said:

Where's Dua Lipa?

#noshade

She is fresh, she isn't established yet

FrankGutz
3 hours ago, Beytwice said:

Taylor and Bey

and Ariana rn

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

The sad thing is Britney used to have a pretty strong voice. She also has writing credits on some of Britney and most of In the Zone, Britney Jean and Glory. But yeah I'd agree for most of her discography. As far as Katy... between Witness and Glory I think Glory is better overall (more cohesive/consistent) so Britney at least has better taste in recent years imo. But both flopped pretty hard so I don't think either are all that overrated as of right now :awkney:

Britney wrote Everytime, her best ballad. Its so beautiful!

FrankGutz
2 minutes ago, Sebastiaan De Graaf said:

Taylor can sing decent, stop reaching:huntyga: You build up an conclusion without even hearing all of her performances. She dances alot on her Reputation Tour but people shouldn't see her as a dancer you know. Taylor can be innovative as well, she managed to have the most awarded country and also pop album of all time. And with that being "cool", it has all to do with the media. Do some research:poot: End Game was my jam but it deserved to flop of course:huntyga:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

LOVE JUNKIE
4 minutes ago, Sebastiaan De Graaf said:

Feel free to link me to some impressive Taylor vocals. I've never been to a Taylor or Beyonce concert but from what I've seen in their videos and heard in their music and live performances  Beyonce is a much better singer from a technical standpoint and same goes for dancing. I think Taylor is smart and a good songwriter and good with business but her singing voice really isn't all that impressive or special, that's all. I also don't think any of the Pop girls are cool (except Gaga... and that's only sometimes :selena: you don't really have time to keep up with what's cool when you're a major popstar) and that's okay because they pay people to be.

on a three day bender

Battle 4 Ur Life

well, Taylor

even tho I love ha she is more overrated than Beyoncé, without a doubt

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

FfFfFfFF

Taylor success comes  from being uninteresting rather than being interesting. I understand it, I don't want her to flop, but I just find her bland and too teen-oriented. Her strong aspect is that she is a good composer.

Beyonce: I love her music but I don't know if I consider her an artist. She is the face of what a team of songwriters built, not the one who builds. She is a great vocalist and performer but manufacturated. 

Rihanna's career is also based on riding trends but at least she is not universally praised like Beyonce.

Bradley
22 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Taylor, Beyonce, Britney and Kesha are all overrated :vegas:

Britney and Kesha haven't been very successful tho.

Although Britney Spears is touring across North America and Europe, her venues are mostly theatres or small arenas, which really is odd since she was once one of the biggest stars across the globe. The fact that she's not able to sell out a standard arena is clearly a decline. Also Britney has never been deemed a great singer, people go see her show to watch her dance and theatrics, and never for her vocals, so she's never gotten credit from that department. Even critics didn't believe her when she said her live shows are a mixture of playback and her live vocals. She also has only ONE Grammy in her entire career and she hasn't been recognised by them for so long, she wasn't nominated in any category, and has not been invited to perform for so long.

Kesha is playing in even smaller venues in comparison with Britney, she clearly is still very far from the superstar status. Also she's not an excellent live singer, a lot of people have pointed out how the Praying live performances pale in comparison to the studio version. The only outstanding recognition she had received was the Grammy nominations for Praying and Rainbow (and the critical acclaim which the album got), which I think she deserves since she is being innovative and doing something different from other pop stars of her calibre like Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato.

Archived