💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Drag music be mainstream soon?

FABian

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Also wait I just read the Max comment....

his last #1 single was in early 2016. Max is over that period in his life.

The guy has been making hits for decades.

2 years is nothing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mythos

The only music i like is from Alaska and Adore, all the others are pretty terrible, or not my taste, like Trixie/Jinx

Lzeq.gif

Sneaky Oliver

Oh God some of the comments sound really rude. 1. "Drag music" will never have the best producers probably because most of the queens can't afford it. 2. Most of queens work in night clubs so it's quite understandable the music sounds "generic". 3. Some of the queens have different music styles like Jinkx Monsoon or Trixie Mattel.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Drag queens should stick to what they're good at; drag.

.. so no.

some of them are good at singing! 

adore Delano and Courtney act are amazing singers, both of them were on American/Australian idol. this musical is live btw.

and then we have a mainstream artist like Pabllo Vittar

she's one of the biggest artists in Brazil, she releases hit after hit, most of her hits have reached +200m views on youtube.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Being a drag queen and being able to sing aren't mutually exclusive things...You can sing and be a drag queen, you know...

hm excuse me didn't you know drag queens don't have vocal chords?

Andrea B
On 7/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

No.

They are just not musically talented in any way imo. There might be an exception, but I'm talking in general, because nowadays seems like everyone who's on Drag Race launches a singing career.

They don't sing, they don't rap... it's just talking over an instrumental. Not to mention it's mostly very badly mixed and sounds very rough.

stop generalizing lol a lot of them rap and can hit high notes. 

pabllo vitar is one of them, she's one of the biggest artists in brazil

adore delano can rap and sing

Courtney act can sing

there are literally millions of more unpopular drag queens that can sing. 

StarstruckIllusion

Nope. It’s the antithesis of what’s popular right now: hypermasc men. 

Regina George

Okay so don’t get me wrong please - I think there are few drag queens who actually have talent and should be mainstream BUT there’s a big majority of them who literally have no singing talent whatsoever and are using too much auto tune, etc. Most of drag queens songs are vulgar (talking about ****, sperm, etc) and I’m not here for it. So my ultimate answer is no - why? Because drag scene should be able to recognize real talent and other queens should be doing something else. Mainstream audience is just not here for that level of vulgar. 

LordEnigma
18 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Nope. It’s the antithesis of what’s popular right now: hypermasc men. 

For musicians it’s popular?

Lol not a chance. Every drag queen seems to think they can sing now. All the auto tune in the world couldn’t help some of these hoes! 

Cloudbusting

I mean pabllo is really mainstream in brazil she plays on the radio all the time 

Just now, fabskt said:

I mean pabllo is really mainstream in brazil she plays on the radio all the time 

who isnt mainstream in brazil tho

Chromatic
1 hour ago, Andree said:

some of them are good at singing! 

adore Delano and Courtney act are amazing singers, both of them were on American/Australian idol. this musical is live btw.

and then we have a mainstream artist like Pabllo Vittar

she's one of the biggest artists in Brazil, she releases hit after hit, most of her hits have reached +200m views on youtube.

Reveal hidden contents

I know who they are. I watch Drag Race, and never did I say, that drag queens can't sing. I said, that in my opinion, most drag queens have terrible taste in music production and sound. 

Could people stop quoting me, as if I was completely out of touch with the topic? Because clearly y'all are getting things twisted.

Just in general, you can either agree or disagree with me, that's fine, but don't quote me for things I haven't said.

Andrea B
20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know who they are. I watch Drag Race, and never did I say, that drag queens can't sing. I said, that in my opinion, most drag queens have terrible taste in music production and sound. 

Could people stop quoting me, as if I was completely out of touch with the topic? Because clearly y'all are getting things twisted.

Just in general, you can either agree or disagree with me, that's fine, but don't quote me for things I haven't said.

in your original comment you implied that ALL the drags queen are ONLY good at being drag queens(lip syncing, make up,etc)

if you want people to stop quoting you then edit your comment. 

LordEnigma
3 hours ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

I love a lot of drag queen-made music, but the issue is that drag will never be mainstream. It's inherently an underground culture that the majority of the population sees as weird or undesirable. 

Nah, drag queens are becoming more and more mainstream. Especially now that Drag Race is winning Emmy’s and plays on VH1. Sure, it has roots in underground culture, but it’s evolving into a new form of entertainment for the general population.

Archived