mess, why do ya'll hate drag music so much

it's fun, light hearted and danceable

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

:air: .. I didn't mean to come off rude, or anything, so let me rephrase. I personally don't like the music most drag queens release, because I think that most of it sounds either outdated or generic. It feels manufactured.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry! :nick:

I personally haven't heard a lot of drag queen music, so I can't speak on that. I'm sure there are some out there that don't sound as "outdated or generic" 

🃏🖤👹

Luxe Ford

Horror drag act Duo Raw did a cute try before retiring in purported married bliss. The music is an autotuned mess, but dammit if they don't look the coolest!

Drag has become the millenials version of Sesame Street with mama RuPaul as Big Bird. 

I like it a bit darker.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Chromatic
5 minutes ago, Miracle said:

As if the songs Dua Lipa and other upcoming pop female artists loved by the gays aren't manufactured. At least  (most of) drag songs are unapologetically queer.

Lol, what are you even trying to say? I never said that I like Dua Lipa. In fact, I've said multiple times, that I don't like her, because she has lost her charm. She has become straight boring, to me.

Battle 4 Ur Life

TALENT always wins so...

if they’re good they will break out just fine and have longevity which is really WHAT’S WHAT

that’s why most of them just come and go

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

I get what you're saying but Music is music (it's not Drag music. Do you call some songs "men music", "woman music", "gay music",...)

What I want to say is that they can do mainstream music too. It has nothing to do with the fact of being a drag Queen.

Am I Aja?

MaryJaneHolland

No.

They are just not musically talented in any way imo. There might be an exception, but I'm talking in general, because nowadays seems like everyone who's on Drag Race launches a singing career.

They don't sing, they don't rap... it's just talking over an instrumental. Not to mention it's mostly very badly mixed and sounds very rough.

Queen Gloria
42 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

It already is mainstream tbh, it's all generic. :reductive:

This, tbh.. I've only heard a few of the queens' songs I've actually liked. Most are just recycled thumping dance beats like all the... gulp... music Mama Ru makes. 

joannesrats

I love a lot of drag queen-made music, but the issue is that drag will never be mainstream. It's inherently an underground culture that the majority of the population sees as weird or undesirable. 

Also, a lot of y'all have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to drag music. It comes from the culture, of course it's not going to sound like a regular pop track because that's not where these people get their inspiration. 

Arturo

Also wait I just read the Max comment....

his last #1 single was in early 2016. Max is over that period in his life.

Borislshere

I can’t listen to queen made music for too long. Imo it’s usually very generic and annoying. 

LUO YI

The ONLY queens I’d love to see in the charts are Blair St. Clair and Lady GaGa

The night sky tells all

MarryTheAngel

Unlikely with the amount of processing and production issues that is evident with most drag music. ESPECIALLY when the dominant music genre isn’t electronic.

Archived