💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa for Next 'Bond' Theme Song

Music

Featured Posts

Damon

i love years and years and i like dua but none of them should be even considered to do a bond's theme though

Muse should do it

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikola

Its ok i guess.... i meam there are way better choices but at least its better than Sam

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

RIPheygirl

FLORENCE AND PALOMA FAITH DESERVED:fthis:

i love dua and im happy for her but there are more suitable choices 

Dunk96

There are far better choices to sing a Bond theme song. After hearing her live voice at this years BBMA's,she definitely has a lot of work to do to improve her vocals because they did not sound that great.

River

Janet had to do it.

btw I don't remember that a black artist ever did the Bond song.. correct me if I'm wrong

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bradley

I only know New Rules which I still haven't listened to in full. I think I heard 20 seconds of the chorus. Not impressive.

I believe she will be a one-hit wonder though, like does she even have an album? What is her album's name? :emma: Does anyone know?

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, River said:

Janet had to do it.

btw I don't remember that a black artist ever did the Bond song.. correct me if I'm wrong

Shirley Bassey?Â đŸ€”

Mirages

I will not judge this decision, until I hear the song :classy:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
1 hour ago, River said:

btw I don't remember that a black artist ever did the Bond song.. correct me if I'm wrongï»ż

Tina Turner, Shirley Bassey, Louis Armstrong and Gladys Knight

Edit: Also Alicia Keys, how did I forget her?

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Dutch

Oh wow, I didn’t see that one coming. Years & Years, I love them, but they never were huge and they are not even close to their peak now, so that would be weird. Dua her voice could fit a bond song, now I think about it. It’s deep and mysterious. I think it might surprise us. Im sure it won’t be a pop song, but more something like Skyfall. I’m totally here for it. But I do agree it might be a bit soon for Dua tho, but then again Sam Smith only had one successful era and got the bond song too. Good for her, her career is going upwards so fast, I hope she won’t get overexposed. 

Btw it’s kinda obvious they only want performers from the UK for the Bond song, so you can forget Lana and Gaga.

Paloma Faith, Ellie Goulding or Emeli Sandé would be a perfect choice too!

Ziggy

Doesn’t she have a good voice? I know it has an interesting tone, but is it very expansive? I ask fans since I’ve only heard those two songs that have been huge and neither really show all *that* much even if they’re fun.

tomdsgn
4 hours ago, Fish said:

Some of you are so salty against Dua for no reasons. I guess you like bandwagonning (I like a good ride too though).She is no Adele or Gaga, but check out her stuff other than New Rules. Girl has undeniable talent and a unique voice tone.

The salt is... prominent. Whilst yes her current career trajectory doesn’t typically make her a fitting artist for a Bond song, with the right song it should be great.  She’s got an interesting voice which would suit a Bond song well. 

StrawberryBlond

You have to be kidding me. Her voice isn't good enough for such a theme, she doesn't make the kind of music that would even suggest she's suited for this and she's far too early in her career to take on such a prestigious opportunity. I don't care if she's British and the studios only want British singers for the distant future - the artist still has to work with the material. I thought they'd have learned their lesson last time when they booked Sam Smith only to find that he struggled to sing the song live and embarrassed himself singing it at the Oscars so much that his performance wasn't even uploaded to the official Oscars YouTube (everyone else's was, though). I really wish that the studio would stop with this ridiculous obsession in recent years to award the honour of the theme to the most popular artist of the year. It's a far more pressing issue that the artist is cut out for a Bond anthem. There are far worthier names to take on the theme. Gaga and Lana are of course, the obvious choices but there a host of other names too. I'd even accept overrated Beyonce being given the chance over someone who hasn't earned their stripes.

Archived