other

Egypt radio bans Ariana Grandes new single

Melech

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alextruper17

They won't let the culture of the baptism begins.

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

KatieJudasGaga4
3 hours ago, BBhomemaker said:

The YouTube comments sections is even worst below God is Woman video, SMH Disappointed but not surprised by them, so much people passed miles away from the meaning of the song and jumped into conclusion

It's not even a religious song cmon people in 2018 I think they are way worst like all the violent, trash and really disrespectful songs out there than Ari and her beavers that's ridiculous 

Change Ari's to Gaga's and GIAW to Judas and this is the exact way Little Monsters said back in 2011 when Judas came out.

Gypsy Life

Funny, because they literally played Judas a couple of days ago.

But GIAW is a terrible song anyway so I'm not complaining.

BBhomemaker
5 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Change Ari's to Gaga's and GIAW to Judas and this is the exact way Little Monsters said back in 2011 when Judas came out.

And we were right at this time too :lana:

I think all the biblical references in Judas really smart and written

I lIke a couple of songs with religious references I found them really well done everytime, the métaphores and reflexions that they gives like Judas or How do you do by Shakira too ... and way more

StrawberryBlond

Can't say I'm surprised. She knew what she was starting with that title. Very risky choice for a single because of it but I applaud her for taking the risk. It may surprise you to know that certain songs are still being banned in certain countries. Despacito was banned in Malaysia due to its inappropriate lyrics, which at least shows that at least someone could be bothered to translate it.

Literally nobody in Egypt uses radio for English songs. Native language is Arabic after all.

The Child
4 hours ago, ShockPop said:

You don't see how people being offended relates to people being offended? Ask an adult?

Okay I don’t even know why I quoted you, you’re so condescending. :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

RadioIsOurs

Well honestly this is refreshing. It speaks a lot about Ariana as an artist...it's been a long time since an artist could release a song that is so controversial it's banned on radio.

Bradley

The way the Ariana stan was trying to justify why God Is A Woman is a good song is a little cringe.

'meaningful lyrics' (GIAW has meaningful lyrics?)

'female sexual freedom'

'it sucks to see an artist put so much effort...' (if someone bans your song it's not going to be unbanned just because you put some effort into it, the content is what matters)

'So far everyone I have played this song to understood the metaphor behind it' (I mean are you trying to say a couple of your friends represent the entire nation? :air:)

ShockPop
19 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Okay I don’t even know why I quoted you, you’re so condescending. :saladga:

I wouldn't have to be if you hadn't forced me. You should've had a thought process.

The Child
26 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

I wouldn't have to be if you hadn't forced me. You should've had a thought process.

The audacity I swear, I’m sorry but when you act a certain way you’re 100% responsible for your behavior, I in no way forced you to be condescending. :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived