Lady Gagain Vegas
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
lgbt

India on the verge to remove anti-LGBT law

Featured Posts

ARPiT

Accept gay relationships; all suppression is wrong, says Supreme Court

'Public acceptance of people living in gay relationships will help meet health concerns and control the spread of HIV, Justice D.Y. Chandrachud of the Supreme Court told the lawyers who supported criminalisation of homosexuality, arguing that homosexual behaviour led to spread of HIV.

Justice Chandrachud, who is a part of the five-judge Bench led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra, said on Tuesday that the same sex couples living in denial with no access to medical care are more prone to contract and spread sexually transmitted diseases. "All suppression is wrong," he observed'

Justice Indu Malhotra asked senior advocate K. Radhakrishnan, for Trust of God Ministries, who is against the striking down of Section 377 IPC, "So heterosexual people do not transmit HIV?"

Justice Chandrachud said, "The cause of sexually transmitted diseases is not sexual intercourse. But unprotected sexual intercourse. A village woman may get the disease from a husband, who is a migrant worker. This way you would now want to make sexual intercourse itself a crime?".

Giving a strong indication that the Bench would declare that Section 377 violated the right under Article 21 of the LGBTQ community to sexuality, sexual orientation and choice of sexual partner, Justice Nariman said the whole objective of the Fundamental Rights is to empower the court to strike down laws like Section 377.

More in the article. Link below.

Finally, it's about the damn time! :pray:

Link: https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/sc-reserves-verdict-on-pleas-challenging-constitutional-validity-of-section-377/article24443042.ece

He took the midnight train going anywhere...
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 11
  • Love 4
  • Shook 3

RAMROD

It's time!

I hope this will only means good progress for India in the future.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ my neck ♥ my back ♥ lick my bussy ♥ and my crack ♥
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

BLACKOUTbritney

Looks like we'll finally be able to uncross India from the lyrics in Gypsy :diane:

R̶u̶s̶s̶i̶a̶, UK, Paris, I'm
Italian, Asian, Kompai
A̶f̶r̶i̶c̶a̶, I̶n̶d̶i̶a̶, I'm
A gypsy, a gypsy, a gypsy I'm
Latin American, I don't speak German but I try
Someday in J̶a̶k̶a̶r̶t̶a̶, I'm
American, I'm gypsy I
Bangkok, Australia, M̶a̶y̶l̶a̶s̶i̶a̶
Sweden, Finland, Norway
Be my home just for the day
I'm a gypsy, gypsy, gypsy hey

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 5

LePetitMonstr

SHOOK! I cant wait for the bl dramas tbh. Indian men are HOT:excited2:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

GagaInTheZone

Wow I'm shook, isn't India one of the most homophobic countries ?

Edited by GagaInTheZone

Adarsh Soni
15 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Yes, but those are the religious people, the perception is changing now, and the supreme court judges are not homophobic at all so thats a good thing. :vegas:

• Like 3

Adarsh Soni

I can't wait for this dumb law to be lifted, its only because of this law my boyfriend and I cannot even kiss each other in public :noparty:

Im gonna throw a party the day they get done with it :party::vegas:

• YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

Sherlock112

Nice to see the Country 's progress! 

Go India!:D

Here My sinner's Prayer i am what i am & I'm STRAIGHT 😇
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

ARPiT
16 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

I can't wait for this dumb law to be lifted, its only because of this law my boyfriend and I cannot even kiss each other in public :noparty:

Im gonna throw a party the day they get done with it :party::vegas:

Yeah, this is the first step. There's so work to be done in this field. Social acceptance is still far away, but once we have the law on our side, we can proudly and legally fight. 

Not gonna lie, I almost cried when I read this news. Keeping my fingers crossed for the final judgement!

Edited by ARPiT
He took the midnight train going anywhere...
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Adarsh Soni
3 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

Yeah, this is the first step. There's so work to be done in this field. Social acceptance is still far away, but once we have the law on our side, we can proudly and legally fight. 

Not gonna lie, I almost cried when I read this news. Keeping my fingers crossed for the final judgement!

I agree, but i guess social acceptance also depends on our surroundings, but i hope one day everyone will accept us.

I've been nervously following the court proceedings, i'm glad they're taking a positive turn :party:

• Love 1

BBhomemaker

Yas finally they better to remove it! 

Lol "verge" also mean d!ck in my language ksksks the title takes even more sense :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 3

Modern Ecstacy
1 hour ago, GagaInTheZone said:

not at all.