Jump to content
A Star Is Born - Pre-order
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
opinion

SOPHIE...

Featured Posts

nerdfacekillah
3 hours ago, PrincessDiez said:

 

I would love if lg6 sounded like the rhino interlude

omg i love the music in that interlude:woot:

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moebius

Here is the sitch : critics have been yearning for Gaga to live up to her crazy persona music wise for years, and SOPHIE is one of the few producers that can pull it off. She makes pop music but gives it the IT factor needed to make it avant garde and not sound try hard. So yeah ure allowed to have a wrong opinion thats fine 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!
  • Like 12
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley

sophie has the talent to give gaga what she needs and i am very excited

redone's solo work is boring and basic but what about his work with gaga? djws's solo work is too electronic and trappy for me but his work with gaga is so versatile and bops

sophie is clearly highly skilled and talented and that's all that matters tbh, the rest is down to gaga

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Like 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSlash

I have to admit that more than a few of SOPHIE's songs appeal to me - especially the ones which sound really experimental. Faceshopping and Ponyboy are lowkey bops :music: . But there are as much of songs I really don't like. Even though it's basically noise, it sounds refreshing in contrast to mainstream music played on the radio :lolly: 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylvanas

SOPHIE is one of the most praised, original, and versatile producers to be on the market right now. And just because she's done some work on LG6 doesn't mean that it's not going to be a Gaga album.... the meltdowns :laughga:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
2 hours ago, TheSlash said:

I have to admit that more than a few of SOPHIE's songs appeal to me - especially the ones which sound really experimental. Faceshopping and Ponyboy are lowkey bops :music: . But there are as much of songs I really don't like. Even though it's basically noise, it sounds refreshing in contrast to mainstream music played on the radio :lolly: 

Faceshopping and Ponyboy sound like a bunch of noise to me, like I can't make heads or tails out of the song :selena:

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
2 hours ago, Moebius said:

Here is the sitch : critics have been yearning for Gaga to live up to her crazy persona music wise for years, and SOPHIE is one of the few producers that can pull it off. She makes pop music but gives it the IT factor needed to make it avant garde and not sound try hard. So yeah ure allowed to have a wrong opinion thats fine 

From what i've heard, Gaga will need to use the great vocals that she has to make the songs appealing... cause some of SOPHIEs songs are unlistenable 

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moebius
2 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

From what i've heard, Gaga will need to use the great vocals that she has to make the songs appealing... cause some of SOPHIEs songs are unlistenable 

Joanne has great vocals too and look how that turned out. The munny is in the production. Also, her pop collabs and solo work sound nothing alike so

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
2 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Joanne has great vocals too and look how that turned out. The munny is in the production. Also, her pop collabs and solo work sound nothing alike so

Well Joanne is one of my favourite albums, but also I really like the production in some songs! I'm not giving up hope just yet, I want to hear everything that Gaga has been making in the past year haha :selena:

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spock

SOPHIE slays and it’s exactly the sort of sound Gaga should have chased on ARTPOP. It’s also the perfect sound for her if she wants to make a fresh pop comeback 

but you guys trashed Starlight’s pure techno music at a tour inspired by rave culture, so. I’m not surprised lol 

it’s also evident SOPHIE can MORE than handle pop music if you listen to her work with Charli XCX, which is amazing. She obviously knows what to do

you guys moaned for more than two years about wanting old Gaga back, and here she is, working with arguably the edgiest music producer out there right now and everybody’s writing essays, complaining and calling it shallow

I HAVE to laugh 

who will love me when the night is over
  • Like 18

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimes

Maybe you just haven't been exposed to enough experimental music, but literally faceshopping sounds like Toxic by britney spears on mushrooms. We act like Gaga hasn't consistently made incredible music and she's the force behind everything 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikvs

Yeah Sophie's music is plain terrible, so I'm not expecting much

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Barnes
11 minutes ago, Spock said:

SOPHIE slays and it’s exactly the sort of sound Gaga should have chased on ARTPOP. It’s also the perfect sound for her if she wants to make a fresh pop comeback 

but you guys trashed Starlight’s pure techno music at a tour inspired by rave culture, so. I’m not surprised lol 

it’s also evident SOPHIE can MORE than handle pop music if you listen to her work with Charli XCX, which is amazing. She obviously knows what to do

you guys moaned for more than two years about wanting old Gaga back, and here she is, working with arguably the edgiest music producer out there right now and everybody’s writing essays, complaining and calling it shallow

I HAVE to laugh 

But Charli's music doesn't sound good at all. I never wanted the old Gaga back, I wanted Gaga to stay true to who she was. This is not the sound Gaga should have been chasing for ARTPOP, ARTPOP is a perfect album the way it is. But you think SOPHIE’S music is good

I HAVE to laugh

Permabanned so add me on Snapchat: gagam98
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spock
27 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

But Charli's music doesn't sound good at all. I never wanted the old Gaga back, I wanted Gaga to stay true to who she was. This is not the sound Gaga should have been chasing for ARTPOP, ARTPOP is a perfect album the way it is. But you think SOPHIE’S music is good

I HAVE to laugh

Lol Charli’s mixtapes and recent output have been praised by everyone from Pitchfork to the New York Times, citing the production of the songs making her one of a kind. And this includes SOPHIE. YOU may not think Charli’s music sounds good, but everyone else does, and deems it the future. Not only for the sound itself, but for the way she sets up collaborations and how she releases her material. So take several seats. 

Gaga wanted groundbreaking electronic music mixed with art and message, which is exactly what the PC Music collective is. So you should read up before dragging artists you don’t even understand instead of following the bandwagon to get those likes. And I never said ARTPOP wasn’t good. 

Maybe this is Gaga staying true to who she is, how do you know? Joanne was true to who she was at that moment in time. Same for ARTPOP. And a return to dance pop and SOPHIE is her staying true to 2018 Gaga and how she wants to be  

Music wise this is the most exciting thing Gaga has done in YEARS. So keep quoting me all you want, but you’re opinion will never change that

 

Edited by Spock
who will love me when the night is over
  • Like 12
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moebius
7 minutes ago, Spock said:

Lol Charli’s mixtapes and recent output have been praised by everyone from Pitchfork to the New York Times, citing the production of the songs making her one of a kind. And this includes SOPHIE. YOU may not think Charli’s music sounds good, but everyone else does, and deems it the future. Not only for the sound itself, but for the way she sets up collaborations and how she releases her material. So take several seats. 

Gaga wanted groundbreaking electronic music mixed with art and message, which is exactly what the PC Music collective is. So you should read up before dragging artists you don’t even understand instead of following the bandwagon to get those likes. And I never said ARTPOP wasn’t good. 

Maybe this is Gaga staying true to who she is, how do you know? Joanne was true to who she was at that moment in time. Same for ARTPOP. And a return to dance pop and SOPHIE is her staying true to 2018 Gaga and how she wants to be  

Music wise this is the most exciting thing Gaga has done in YEARS. So keep quoting me all you want, but you’re opinion will never change that

 

My WIIIIG 

DRAG IT 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×