Jump to content
DJ White Shadow
đŸŽ€ Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets đŸŽ€
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

Featured Posts

Harry X

As the first season the rules can change if many of you are not satisfied of how things going. This is a powerful rule for the rules. 😛

Also don't forget that any member can vote!

Edit: For example you can ask your followers or your friends here to vote you!

Edited by Harry X

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blond
17 minutes ago, Harry X said:

How you want to participate? As an artist or to write lyrics/music for another one?

I will actually wait another one to actually join this as an artist .

I'm content with writing for another members here if they want :tongue:

:party:SO Y'ALL PM ME IF YOU WANT ME TO WRITE YOU A SONG :party:

Edited by Blond
My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER
5 minutes ago, Blond said:

I will actually wait another one to actually join this as an artist .

I'm content with writing for another members here if they want :tongue:

:party:SO Y'ALL PM ME IF YOU WANT ME TO WRITE YOU A SONG :party:

awesome I hope someone will catch you! :rockstar:

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry
1 hour ago, Oriane said:

I'll tell you how it felt for me, and probably a lot of people. It was easy to assume that most people who didn't vote simply didn't care, or wanted the advantage etc. Being banned is not something that happens so often so it wasn't the first thing we thought of. Imagine if it was the other way and you weren't banned at that moment. That's probably what you would have thought of the participants who didn't vote.

I know you're active on the forum, you've been here for a while, and music is your passion. By your answers in the thread I could see you genuinely cared about this and other people's music (you were one of the few who reacted with a like for every song that was posted, I remember that).

But when we had the results, that your friend said that you were happy to have won, and then minutes later we learnt that you didn't vote, it was weird. Not only you didn't vote, but you showed that you still cared about the results. It just felt like you posted your song only to win. It was disappointing and I'm sure you would understand that.

Maybe the participants could have been tagged but hey, if it's important for someone, they would just check the thread. Not obsessively of course but once in a while, especially when the results are coming soon. I think a lot of people voted after the announcement, even though they were not tagged. The rest voted before... Most of those who didn't vote after that probably didn't care enough. You were banned so I understand you didn't want to come here without be able to post and you forgot about the contest.

So if I understand well, your disappointment comes from the fact that you thought you were the winner but then learnt that your points were divided by half so finally you were not the winner ? I'm sorry it happened like this. The only reason why tomsches added the rule afterwards is because he thought people would naturally vote. We didn't expect this amount of non-voters. He had to do something. I still think he made the right choice, unfortunately it didn't turn good for you. Now that we know how it works, it's in the rules so hopefully something like this won't happen again.

And you think I've made up my mind because of a "shook" react ? See, everyone makes assumptions. With your explanation now I have understood your feelings and why you didn't vote then, so no, I didn't "make up my mind".

It wasn't even about "caring about the results". As I said, I had been banned for weeks so wasn't checking GGD anymore. But if so many people showed love for something that I did and it was then brought to my attention, of course I want to thank those people... I didn't expect it or anything.

I will say it yet ANOTHER time and maybe this time you guys will listen? I'm NOT upset about not winning. I was upset by the way that it was pulled like a "twist" because it opened up the gates for me to be put in a negative light and for people to make assumptions, like you did. I even asked my friend who posted my thanks to PM tomsches and let him know that I was banned whilst the results were being revealed, and he did. But despite him knowing, it was not shared. I didn't want that to excuse me, I just wanted everyone to know that's why I couldn't vote. But I guess it just served to create a dramatic moment better to omit that information? Who knows. But that's how I felt.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oriane
1 hour ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

don't worry sis, the past belongs to the past  :awesome: 

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

It wasn't even about "caring about the results". As I said, I had been banned for weeks so wasn't checking GGD anymore. But if so many people showed love for something that I did and it was then brought to my attention, of course I want to thank those peoplï»że... I didn't expect it or anything.

I will say it yet ANOTHER time and maybe this time you guys will listen? I'm NOT upset about not winning. I was upset by the way that it was pulled like a "twist" because it opened up the gates for me to be put in a negative light and for people to make assumptions, like you did. I even asked my friend who posted my thanks to PM tomsches and let him know that I was banned whilst the results were being revealed, and he did. But despite him knowing, it was not shared. I didn't want that to excuse me, I just wanted everyone to know that's why I couldn't vote. But I guess it just served to create a dramatic moment better to omit that information? Who knows. But that's how I felt.ï»ż

I know, it's just how it felt at that moment, with the little information we had. I wish we could have known from the beginning that you were banned, it would have made a lot of things clearer.

Yes, I thought your frustration also came from the fact that you had very good news and then bad news within minutes.

It would be best to directly ask tomsches about that part. I'm sure organizing a contest like that is difficult and he had a lot of things to manage so I'd prefer to let him explain before judging.

I'm glad you got to explain everything and said how you felt about the situation. Until today I had no idea what had happened and how you felt about all of this. I'm sorry if my reacts and things I said that day hurt you.

You popped my heart seems... All my bubble dreams, bubble dreams...
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry
7 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I know, it's just how it felt at that moment, with the little information we had. I wish we could have known from the beginning that you were banned, it would have made a lot of things clearer.

Yes, I thought your frustration also came from the fact that you had very good news and then bad news within minutes.

It would be best to directly ask tomsches about that part. I'm sure organizing a contest like that is difficult and he had a lot of things to manage so I'd prefer to let him explain before judging.

I'm glad you got to explain everything and said how you felt about the situation. Until today I had no idea what had happened and how you felt about all of this. I'm sorry if my reacts and things I said that day hurt you.

I'm sure he didn't mean for it to come across like that. I have no hard feelings now that I've got it off my chest. Maybe I'll enter again. Thanks for understanding! :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER
4 hours ago, tomsches said:

How many submissions do we have so far? :excited2:

 

 Good question I did not count yet and I won't be on this site in the days coming. I hope we'll receive other participants. If something goes wrong in this thread or if someone has questions or whatever, please @tomsches and @Harry X take care of it :D see y'a 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry X
22 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

 Good question I did not count yet and I won't be on this site in the days coming. I hope we'll receive other participants. If something goes wrong in this thread or if someone has questions or whatever, please @tomsches and @Harry X take care of it :D see y'a 

Are you going on vacation?

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andreu
On 7/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

You have to send the hoster your song during this sign-up period. 

can I sned it to you tomorrow 'cause I've decided which song I want to send and tomorrow I'll post it on SC

AviciiDaily

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER
On 7/10/2018 at 2:31 PM, Harry X said:

Are you going on vacation?

yes I am

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER
On 7/12/2018 at 11:25 AM, Andreu said:

can I sned it to you tomorrow 'cause I've decided which song I want to send and tomorrow I'll post it on SC

of course, I'm still waiting ! 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely Lolita

Participating. Is an a capella song ok?

I’m on vacation rn so is I won’t be able to send till early August

Edited by Lonely Lolita
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomsches

As long as It's an original song Acapella should be fine. 

Check the op for the submission deadline :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×