💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

Oriane
14 minutes ago, Vainsexual said:

Why does it say when I tried to send a message to @NIGHTCRAWLER that he cannot receive messages?

Maybe his inbox is full ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 hour ago, Vainsexual said:

Yes, I think so! I'll wait, then! :kara:

yeas my inbox was full ! I've deleted some messages so now it should work 

• Like 1

Ms I am a local
On 8/18/2018 at 4:31 PM, manuanota said:

Since when did you start making music?

3. What is your favorite lady gaga song + album?

4. Where can we keep on following you after this contest is over? 

2. Since I was 15.

3. Favorite song: Bloody Mary

Favorite album: Born This Way

4. You can follow me on SoundCloud and YouTube (username is always Tryxdar) in Instagram my name is adrixx_photos 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Garden Panty

We need to keep this thread alive!

So I have some questions for you all to answer if you’d like ^^

1. How old are you?

2. Since when did you start making music?

Let’s do this 😁

I finally have time to answer :firega:
1. 19.

2. I think I started making music when I was about 12 by using free samples provided by music making software and just layering them. I started actually producing songs by myself when I was 14 I think and since then it has just been learning by trial and error and discovering new techniques mostly by myself.

3. My favorite Gaga album is definitely Born This Way because I have so many great memories connected to it. My favorite song changes each time a new album comes out because by then I'm kinda bored with my past favorite. However, my all time favorite is probably a tie between Bloody Mary and Government Hooker.

4. You can follow me on SoundCloud (https://soundcloud.com/hrvojeb) even though I don't upload new stuff as often anymore because of the upload quality. I mostly just directly send songs to my friends nowadays :laughga:.

Edited by Garden Panty
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Bottleblonde

We need to keep this thread alive!

So I have some questions for you all to answer if you’d like ^^

1. How old are you?

2. Since when did you start making music?

Let’s do this 😁

1. 21

2. I think I started to teach myself how to play the piano since I was 12 years old by watching some Youtube tutorials and after that I started writing my own melodies and lyrics.

3. Gypsy is still my favorite gaga song as it always cheers me up and I just love the meaning behind it, it's so sweet :saira:. My favorite gaga album is ARTPOP as it made me a real little monster.

4. Almost everwhere (twitter, instagram, etc.) with the name @lupus_artist and you can follow me on spotify by following this link: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/lps/eek6

Oh btw just like @manuanota I am also from the Netherlands :legend:Dutch people rule FYI

Black Aura
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Harry

So even though it's maybe a little late in the game and I guess many people have already sent off their votes, I've been away on vacation for a couple of weeks. But I thought I'd just do a little "promo" for my song Two Years anyway and run through some of the lyrics.

I realised that my entry last year was a ballad so I needed to switch it up and give you something different, so I chose this song which is a bit more of a bop production-wise. The lyrics are still a little sad though - I guess that's a running theme in my writing lol. My vision for this song was kind of like a "tears on the dance-floor" vibe, if that makes sense.

Lyrically, it was about a moment I had when I realised that the last significant relationship I had actually ended over two years ago, and I couldn't believe it because I was still so hung up on it. I think we all know that a lot can happen in two years :messga: So this is kind of my whiney ode to reminiscing and pining for those better, more innocent and carefree days, all the while knowing that the other person has long moved on. I'll talk specifically about some of the lyrics now:

"Just one minute, are you on your own?
I had a drink and picked up my phone
"

This used to happen a lot, not so much anymore. I drink way more than I should, sometimes for fun and sometimes out of loneliness. When I was feeling at my peak of depression I'd do it a lot and drunk call or text people that I really had no business getting back in touch with.

"My bones, my blood, my heart
Belong to you, to you
Our home, your kiss, our love
Is all I knew, I knew
"

I had this idea for the pre-chorus of just listing several things off to emphasise the fact that I gave all of myself to this person and I want to continue giving all of it. Again, it's pretty whiney and lame but, yes, I have moved on now :rip:

"Now could you believe
That it’s been two years
You’re moving on now
But I’m still here
You’re finally grown
But I’m still falling
"

I'm not sure how successful this was but I wanted to play with the idea of movement in the chorus. You say people "move on" so I wanted to apply that in literal/physical terms. You're moving on, but I'm still here. As if I'm stood in the same place, and he's physically walked far away. He's grown (moving up) but I'm still falling (going down).

I just can’t get no sleep
The lights go out and you’re in my mind
Imprinted in my memory
"

The second verse goes hand in hand with the first. Despite drinking or whatever other escape mechanism I utilise, once those lights go out and there's nothing else to look at or divert my attention - he's all that's on my mind. Insomnia is a bitch!

------------

Thank you to anyone who gave my song a chance after the misunderstanding of last time. I've spent a lot of time going through all of the other entries and everybody has done such a great job. I think I've finally come to my conclusion and will be sending my votes off soon. Good luck everyone!

• Love 4

NIGHTCRAWLER
5 hours ago, Harry said:

So even though it's maybe a little late in the game and I guess many people have already sent off their votes, I've been away on vacation for a couple of weeks. But I thought I'd just do a little "promo" for my song Two Years anyway and run through some of the lyrics.

I realised that my entry last year was a ballad so I needed to switch it up and give you something different, so I chose this song which is a bit more of a bop production-wise. The lyrics are still a little sad though - I guess that's a running theme in my writing lol. My vision for this song was kind of like a "tears on the dance-floor" vibe, if that makes sense.

Lyrically, it was about a moment I had when I realised that the last significant relationship I had actually ended over two years ago, and I couldn't believe it because I was still so hung up on it. I think we all know that a lot can happen in two years :messga: So this is kind of my whiney ode to reminiscing and pining for those better, more innocent and carefree days, all the while knowing that the other person has long moved on. I'll talk specifically about some of the lyrics now:

"

This used to happen a lot, not so much anymore. I drink way more than I should, sometimes for fun and sometimes out of loneliness. When I was feeling at my peak of depression I'd do it a lot and drunk call or text people that I really had no business getting back in touch with.

Belong to you, to you
Is all I knew, I knew
"

I had this idea for the pre-chorus of just listing several things off to emphasise the fact that I gave all of myself to this person and I want to continue giving all of it. Again, it's pretty whiney and lame but, yes, I have moved on now :rip:

"Now could you believe
That it’s been two years
You’re moving on now
But I’m still here
You’re finally grown
But I’m still falling
"

I'm not sure how successful this was but I wanted to play with the idea of movement in the chorus. You say people "move on" so I wanted to apply that in literal/physical terms. You're moving on, but I'm still here. As if I'm stood in the same place, and he's physically walked far away. He's grown (moving up) but I'm still falling (going down).

Imprinted in my memory
"

The second verse goes hand in hand with the first. Despite drinking or whatever other escape mechanism I utilise, once those lights go out and there's nothing else to look at or divert my attention - he's all that's on my mind. Insomnia is a bitch!

------------

Thank you to anyone who gave my song a chance after the misunderstanding of last time. I've spent a lot of time going through all of the other entries and everybody has done such a great job. I think I've finally come to my conclusion and will be sending my votes off soon. Good luck everyone!

I like it even better after reading this! 

• Love 2

Garden Panty

So, I started writing this song on the 11th of May because I knew that I wanted to release a real summer song this year. I wanted to try something different and the topic of summer seemed like a starting point as good as any. The writing process started with the title – I thought „Fire & Ice“ could be a good title with the immediate contrast in it and its connection to the summer heat and the need to cool down. The first thing I wrote was the chorus:

„So/Yeah, I play it cool, cool, cool, cool,
But inside I'm burning up,
You make me a fool, fool, fool, fool,
But I don't want you to stop.”

I knew I wanted to make a more spoken word chorus, because I usually go for singing/a bit more complex melodies, but this time a chorus like this fit more with the sort of chill vibe I connected with the title. Lyrically, the chorus is about trying to play it cool while burning up inside – trying to keep calm in a stressful or scary or new situation. I quickly decided to go with the most written about topic, love, and made it about flirting and keeping calm while doing it and not showing signs of weakness so to say. I started making this summery beat that became the chorus and then added a lead synth, changed up the chords and ended up with a great place in the song for a hook. I just kind of improvised with putting the title into the hook and came up with “'cause you make me feel like Fire & ice, fire & ice” and then later added the “Sugar and spice, everything nice” part because it fit perfectly and made it not so repetitive. Again, the lyrics were about a person making you nervous, but you keeping it cool, keeping calm and then the sugar and spice part is about the nice feeling of having a crush. After that, it was time to write the verses. I wanted to play on the feeling of having a crush by saying everything that had already been said about love and using basically all the clichés to win someone over. But, I also wanted to intertwine it with the summer vibes idea I started out with, so I did. That’s how the verses came to be:

Verse 1:
“Tropical breeze,
Eye on eye,
Icy drink, freeze,
You're a sunset sky.
Summer vibes,
I've been feelin' them all night,
I've been eyeing you,
So please tell me that I'm right.
Come on, come on,
Baby, don't be shy,
I would like you to know
That you're just my type.
Ever since I saw you,
I've been feeling high,
Going to new heights,
Been feelin' that hype.”

Verse 2:
“Water and sun,
Head to toe,
You were built to stun
And to steal the show.
Butterflies,
I could feel them all these days,
Oh, when through my shades
I could keep seeing your face.
Go on, go on,
Baby, feel the heat,
‘cause you make me melt,
But it’s too late to quit.
Ever since I saw you
I’ve been feelin’ the beat,
Feelin’ sugary sweet
Just like a summer hit.”

My favorite thing about the verses was the “icy drink, freeze” part, because I knew I wanted a fun pause like that as soon as I started writing this part of the verse. The only thing left after producing the verses was the bridge. I think I made the instrumental before the lyrics. I knew I wanted the song to take it down a notch for the bridge and it was to be a more singing kind of part. That’s when I just started throwing around some contrasts into the idea of how you’re willing to do anything that is needed to woo a person. And that’s how I wrote the bridge:

“I can play it cool,
I can play it nice,
I can beat the fire,
I can be the ice.
I can play it safe,
I can play it wild,
I can beat the routine,
I can keep it mild.”

So, that’s how I wrote Fire & Ice, a song about trying to win over a crush. It was fun challenging myself to write something different for once and I was really glad to see that I already had a song almost done when this contest was announced.  If you all would like, I could upload “Waves”, another summery song I wrote recently, after the competition is over. I hope you liked Fire & Ice and I wish you all good luck!

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Andreu
Just now, Garden Panty said:

So, I started writing this song on the 11th of May because I knew that I wanted to release a real summer song this year. I wanted to try something different and the topic of summer seemed like a starting point as good as any. The writing process started with the title – I thought „Fire & Ice“ could be a good title with the immediate contrast in it and its connection to the summer heat and the need to cool down. The first thing I wrote was the chorus:

„So/Yeah, I play it cool, cool, cool, cool,
But inside I'm burning up,
You make me a fool, fool, fool, fool,
But I don't want you to stop.”

I knew I wanted to make a more spoken word chorus, because I usually go for singing/a bit more complex melodies, but this time a chorus like this fit more with the sort of chill vibe I connected with the title. Lyrically, the chorus is about trying to play it cool while burning up inside – trying to keep calm in a stressful or scary or new situation. I quickly decided to go with the most written about topic, love, and made it about flirting and keeping calm while doing it and not showing signs of weakness so to say. I started making this summery beat that became the chorus and then added a lead synth, changed up the chords and ended up with a great place in the song for a hook. I just kind of improvised with putting the title into the hook and came up with “'cause you make me feel like Fire & ice, fire & ice” and then later added the “Sugar and spice, everything nice” part because it fit perfectly and made it not so repetitive. Again, the lyrics were about a person making you nervous, but you keeping it cool, keeping calm and then the sugar and spice part is about the nice feeling of having a crush. After that, it was time to write the verses. I wanted to play on the feeling of having a crush by saying everything that had already been said about love and using basically all the clichés to win someone over. But, I also wanted to intertwine it with the summer vibes idea I started out with, so I did. That’s how the verses came to be:

Verse 1:
“Tropical breeze,
Eye on eye,
Icy drink, freeze,
You're a sunset sky.
Summer vibes,
I've been feelin' them all night,
I've been eyeing you,
So please tell me that I'm right.
Come on, come on,
Baby, don't be shy,
I would like you to know
That you're just my type.
Ever since I saw you,
I've been feeling high,
Going to new heights,
Been feelin' that hype.”

Verse 2:
“Water and sun,
Head to toe,
You were built to stun
And to steal the show.
Butterflies,
I could feel them all these days,
Oh, when through my shades
I could keep seeing your face.
Go on, go on,
Baby, feel the heat,
‘cause you make me melt,
But it’s too late to quit.
Ever since I saw you
I’ve been feelin’ the beat,
Feelin’ sugary sweet
Just like a summer hit.”

My favorite thing about the verses was the “icy drink, freeze” part, because I knew I wanted a fun pause like that as soon as I started writing this part of the verse. The only thing left after producing the verses was the bridge. I think I made the instrumental before the lyrics. I knew I wanted the song to take it down a notch for the bridge and it was to be a more singing kind of part. That’s when I just started throwing around some contrasts into the idea of how you’re willing to do anything that is needed to woo a person. And that’s how I wrote the bridge:

“I can play it cool,
I can play it nice,
I can beat the fire,
I can be the ice.
I can play it safe,
I can play it wild,
I can beat the routine,
I can keep it mild.”

So, that’s how I wrote Fire & Ice, a song about trying to win over a crush. It was fun challenging myself to write something different for once and I was really glad to see that I already had a song almost done when this contest was announced.  If you all would like, I could upload “Waves”, another summery song I wrote recently, after the competition is over. I hope you liked Fire & Ice and I wish you all good luck!

I really like the Lyric video. How did you do it? Asking for a friend:lolga:

• Like 1

Garden Panty
9 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I really like the Lyric video. How did you do it? Asking for a friend:lolga:

Thanks! I made it in Sony Movie Studio Platinum by putting some effects on gradients for the background, writing and timing all the text by myself (don't ask how much time that part took :laughga:) and adding the emojis/pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haralampos
11 hours ago, Harry said:

"

Belong to you, to you
Is all I knew, I knew
"

"Now could you believe
That it’s been two years
You’re moving on now
But I’m still here
You’re finally grown
But I’m still falling
"

Imprinted in my memory
"

------------

I love your song! You did a great job with the melody! <3

• Like 1

Harry
4 hours ago, Harry X said:

I love your song! You did a great job with the melody! <3

Thank you so much for saying! :) <3

• Love 1