💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER

2 days left to vote! Don't forget that the participants who do not vote will have their points cut by half and I really don't want to do this so please vote :laughga:

• Like 3

LOVE JUNKIE
29 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

2 days left to vote! Don't forget that the participants who do not vote will have their points cut by half and I really don't want to do this so please vote :laughga:

I've had most of my ranking locked in for like a week but I keep switching a few around :deadbanana: I'm gonna go listen to all the songs one last time and commit to a final ranking :vegas:

on a three day bender
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

LOVE JUNKIE

My vote is in :party: I've really enjoyed listening to everyone's songs over the past two weeks  :heart:  This was my first time participating so I didn't know what to expect but y'all really impressed me!! I wish I could've promoted my song more unfortunately I've been a busy lil binch BUT I have been working on a new remixed version of the song for y'all to bop to that might be ready in time for the final ceremony :staymad:

on a three day bender
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 1

Good job, everybody! I enjoyed the songs the more that I listened to them! I'm very happy with this competition because I found independent artists that I actually enjoy! Believe in yourselves! No matter how others perceive you, your own reflections are the ones that are the most important. There's the only way you can grow as an artist; it's intrinsic. :kara:

Big hugs to everybody! 

The voting is almost over, so I hope I can share this with you.

This track is about Gun as well, & today I wanted to share the vulnerable part, actually real life inspired. I'm sorry that my vocals sound a bit flat here & there, I sang everything in one take. 

So, if the track for the competition is fantasy, this is the reality.

I would like to dedicate this to him because I lost him yesterday.
If he ever sees this here, I would like to just thank him for everything.

Haralampos

This is an unmixed snippet from the song I was working for the contest. The song originally has @Bottleblonde on the second verse, some background vocals too and final chorus. I kept his last part only. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Cassidyfal

Hey guys! I know this competition is gonna wrap up, I love all your songs, had lots of fun bopping to them! I'm so inspired!! I want to share a new song with ya'll!

I hope you enjoy, after all, music is for purely for enjoyment! I wish to share and see more of your art in the future, I always would love to see your creations, doesn't matter what place you got! :heart:

Edited by Cassidyfal
added info
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Caothangaga
On 8/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

6. @Caothan Mcbride - Runway

Lyrics:

Hide contents

?

Hey guys apparently gagadaily doesn’t let you log in with fb anymore so I had no access to my account 

Runway is about insecurities with how you look or how ur not good enough to do something and I wanted to create a song that sounded like a real pop song you’d hear on the radio so I took some imagination from that and I wanted to create a song that you’d remember the chorus so I kept the verses quite dull and bulided the song up in the pre-chorus 

some lyrics start off one day I hope the sun will look after the moon that we can love the complete opposite of what we are and I think it’s quite amazing actually the pre-chorus is my favourite part and harmony and melody wise also

i hope you enjoyed the song and vote for me would be amazing have a good day guys x

Edited by Caothangaga
  • Love 2

NIGHTCRAWLER

Okay 6 participants haven't voted yet... knowing that today is the deadline and that it involves people who are high in the top. I'm truly sorry for this competition to be once again distorted because some contestants do not vote :madge:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Oriane
45 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

Okay 6 participants haven't voted yet... knowing that today is the deadline and that it involves people who are high in the top. I'm truly sorry for this competition to be once again distorted because some contestants do not vote :madge:

Well they were warned this time...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 2

NIGHTCRAWLER

I've just finished to count your votes and I'm happy to announce that nobody received 0 point and I'm sad to say that 5 people still did not vote, so they will lose half their points. Most importantly, we have the winner of GGD 2nd Original Song Contest and I'm looking forward to reveal the results.

See y'all next Sunday, SEPTEMBER 2TH (9PM UTC+2) for the final ceremony :vegas:

Edited by NIGHTCRAWLER
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2

Oriane
2 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I've just finished to count your votes and I'm happy to announce that nobody received 0 point and I'm sad to say that 5 people still did not vote, so they will lose half their points. Most importantly, we have the winner of GGD 2nd Original Song Contest and I'm looking forward to reveal the results.

See y'all next Sunday, SEPTEMBER 2TH (9PM UTC+2) for the final ceremony :vegas:

Somebody voted for me, I'm shook.

Maybe you can leave the deadline until midnight ? I can't remember if you specified a time somewhere.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Love 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
4 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Maybe you can leave the deadline until midnight ? I can't remember if you specified a time somewhere.

yeah the deadline is till midnight but I doubt someone will send me their votes now. Anyway if it happens, of course I take it 

Edited by NIGHTCRAWLER
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Oriane said:

Girl, don't underestimate yourself based on the quality of your production.You have an amazingly pleasant voice! & you wrote lyrics that are true! So, I really hope you win! Your song reminds me (stylistically) of my early stuff, in a way. 

Spoiler

John Lemon, I see you! :derpga:

Spoiler

Pop! Pop! Pop Art! :derpga:
(P-Puh-Puh-Pop-Pun) :derpga:
John Lemon with acid vocal sound :derpga:

I used tot think like you when I started out (I'm still starting out, in a way) but YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITIES!
If I moved a crowd of people & teachers  YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
If people came asking me where can they find my music, YOU CAN HAVE THAT TOO!
If I have listeners around the world, you can that too!
Never underestimate what you can do! You can do anything! Even with the little things you've got!

Lots of L-O-V! :kara: