Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JolanJoringel
6 hours ago, Deagan said:

Just saying but remember when I said she was going to be the next big thing

I actually believe so, too. I think we have to wait and see, her second album will tell.

giphy.gif

Doesn't Mark produce it?

To those critiquing her: have you actually seen her live? Not on TV but like actually in the audience with her just a few meters away from your face? I just saw her with my sister last Monday in Seattle and we both loved it! AND my sister doesn’t even like pop music that much! She was amazing and like 1000x better than on TV 

Kimmo
52 minutes ago, JolanJoringel said:

I actually believe so, too. I think we have to wait and see, her second album will tell.

giphy.gif

Doesn't Mark produce it?

I think they were together at a studio yes 

Hottie Detector

ItsTommyBitch

When I saw all the hype she was getting, I checked her out last year (and continued to do so this year) but I'm just not seeing it :rip: Yes, she is doing well, and good for her, but her music does little for me :shrug: The hooks are there, and the songs are very quality, but I don't get anything from her vocal performances on the songs themselves, let alone much personality... which is a shame because its nice to have a pop girl that isn't the typical soprano/mezzo in terms of timbre + color and affect :shrug: Like, I'd rather her songs be sung by someone else if that makes sense.

I love to see pop artists do well, but :emma: Thinking that this is what's perhaps mainstream and close to stan's idea of "main pop girl status" makes me a bit disappointed. I'd rather hang out in the fringe with artists like Charli, Carly, Tove, Marina, etc.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

seashellbabe

She's so deserving. Dua has so much talent and I'm lucky to have been able to see her in concert twice :) I hope she goes even further 

Twitter and Insta: @seashellbabe

StrawberryBlond

I don't know how she's got this big. Her music is so forgettable and pedestrian and she's not famed for her singing prowess. She's really pretty to look at but that's it. Was the world this desperate for pop to be big again that they just went with the first new girl that came along? We can do better than this, folks. Pop music won't be saved if we keep letting the industry know that we find this level of quality good enough.

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't know how she's got this big. Her music is so forgettable and pedestrian and she's not famed for her singing prowess. She's really pretty to look at but that's it. Was the world this desperate for pop to be big again that they just went with the first new girl that came along? We can do better than this, folks. Pop music won't be saved if we keep letting the industry know that we find this level of quality good enough.

She’s not just “the first new girl that came along” though. What about Camila Cabello? Sure she’s popular but I don’t think she’s anywhere near Dua Lipa’s level. I have seen them both live (Camila only when she was with 5H) and she’s good but I don’t think she has the lasting power of Dua 

Kimmo
2 hours ago, SDG91 said:

She’s not just “the first new girl that came along” though. What about Camila Cabello? Sure she’s popular but I don’t think she’s anywhere near Dua Lipa’s level. I have seen them both live (Camila only when she was with 5H) and she’s good but I don’t think she has the lasting power of Dua 

I’m sorry but I feel like camila has no stage presence at all. Idk I might be wrong 

Hottie Detector

zakariah

Blow Your Mind & Hotter Than Hell deserved better tbh 

dit

She served a quality first album. Nothing ground breaking or whatever but she has a pleasant husky tone to her voice and her music is pretty solid and consistent. Excited for what she does next. 

Andrea B

why everyone is lying about dua lmaoooo, she has no stage presence at ALL. I stan Taylor swift and I know for a fact that my girl is not the best performer and yet she has more stage presence than dua. The only thing I like about her are her singles and that's it. the girl knows how to make bops.

on the other hand, congrats to her! I'm glad a woman is dominating the UK, I bet she writes/produces all of her songs so she really deserves it. 

RAMROD

So, like, the new Jessie J/Rita Ora?

giphy.gif

But congrats for her :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Kimmo
16 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

So, like, the new Jessie J/Rita Oragiphy.gifBut congrats for her :giggle:

Oh please, their debut albums doesn’t even compare to the success Dua’s is having. And counting 💅🏼

Hottie Detector

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Oh please, their debut albums doesn’t even compare to the success Dua’s is having. And counting 💅🏼

Sure. But you know what I mean by my last post :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived