💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Bad Romance Kill Paparazzi?

TeenIdle

Featured Posts

TEETHTEETH

poor paparazzi got cheated out. Just a little more time before releasing Bad Romance would've done it so well. Back then, I remember that being the song that won a lot of non fans over. 

Hurem
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

yes, her team was worse back then than they are now

lol yeah sure

MeloArtDramaPop

It smashed so hard in my country, i have no doubt it could have peaked at number 1

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Hurem said:

lol yeah sure

they killed off a hit and then killed off another hit

they didn't know what the f*ck they were doing once she started to tumble and then they jumped ship

broken promises, delayed videos, selling her purely on controversy, a broken hip etc

they still don't know how to manage her streaming but at least they've secured longevity, completely + successfully rebranded her and won't push her to exhaustion

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

illbekind
51 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Very this ^

It would have at least gone top3.

It's x4Platinum after all. Such a smash.

Btw, a similar situation happened between BTW and Judas. BTW was still doing ok and was top5 when Judas was released, but radio pulled it and started playing Judas more so the week Judas made its debut, BTW fell to #13. Unfortunately Judas wad pulled from radio too due to the controversy so besides fvcking up with their 2nd single choice, they also dragged the lead which was still doing good down. We were lucky we had TEOG and to a certain extent Y&I too later on. Things haven't been the same since Judas tho

I don't know why everyone says Judas was pulled or cancelled due to "controversy" - it wasn't cancelled due to anything other than it performing poorly and the reason for that being its literally a mash up of Poker Face and Bad Romance which by this point everyone has heard before. It's okay to admit that.. we don't need to resort to some lame theory that it was to due with Easter. Don't get me wrong, I personally love Judas, but I'm a huge Gaga fan. Most of the GP aren't.

Whoah whoah whoah... I'm in love with Judas
Whoahowahh.. Caught in a Bad Romance (BR)

Judas, Jud-ahh, Judas Gaga
Rah rah ah ah ah, Gaga oo La la (BR)

When he comes to me I am ready
I wanna hold em like they do in Texas please (PF)

Whoahwoah..I'll bring him down bring him down down
Oh, oh oh oh oh. I'll get him hot show him what I've got (PF)

I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel, but I'm still in love with Judas baby
I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a Bad Romance (BR)

In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repetence..
I won't tell you that I love you kiss or hug you.. (PF)

For all the BTW stans still wondering why Scheisse was never released as a single, this is clearly the same reason! It's literally a replica of Bad Romance.

Why do you think she went with completely new sound/producers for ARTPOP? 

COME ON GIRLS!

ChromaticPrincess

Honestly I think that they should’ve started TFM era in 2010 so that paparazzi could’ve stayed in the charts longer 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Anderson123

Well I'm kind of glad they did. By the time Paparazzi came out I was DONE with The Fame, I overplayed that album to death so I was excited to hear we were getting new music so soon. I'm pretty sure they knew what they were doing, The Fame Monster was a re-release in their eyes after all so it was a continuation of the hits she already had. They did just fine and I'm glad they didn't try to milk it after Alejandro, it'd have been too much and she got enough time to stay away from the media to get ready for Born This Way.

Drin Lon
5 hours ago, illbekind said:

I don't know why everyone says Judas was pulled or cancelled due to "controversy" - it wasn't cancelled due to anything other than it performing poorly and the reason for that being its literally a mash up of Poker Face and Bad Romance which by this point everyone has heard before. It's okay to admit that.. we don't need to resort to some lame theory that it was to due with Easter. Don't get me wrong, I personally love Judas, but I'm a huge Gaga fan. Most of the GP aren't.

Whoah whoah whoah... I'm in love with Judas
Whoahowahh.. Caught in a Bad Romance (BR)

Judas, Jud-ahh, Judas Gaga
Rah rah ah ah ah, Gaga oo La la (BR)

When he comes to me I am ready
I wanna hold em like they do in Texas please (PF)

Whoahwoah..I'll bring him down bring him down down
Oh, oh oh oh oh. I'll get him hot show him what I've got (PF)

I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel, but I'm still in love with Judas baby
I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a Bad Romance (BR)

In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repetence..
I won't tell you that I love you kiss or hug you.. (PF)

For all the BTW stans still wondering why Scheisse was never released as a single, this is clearly the same reason! It's literally a replica of Bad Romance.

Why do you think she went with completely new sound/producers for ARTPOP? 

COME ON GIRLS!

I mean this too

Venus is a better example of how to make a song similar to Bad Romance and still have it be original, even tho Judas is a more polished song than Venus imo.

RickMonster98

They should have made TFM a full-lenght album, release it in 2010 with at least one more single! This way we would now have another #1 and one more ww hit! 

Archived