🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
economy

73% Of Canadians To Boycott USA

Featured Posts

That J
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Nearly $2 Billion in daily US-Canada trade :duck:

Some 3/4 of our exports and imports are from US

Our Oil, Natural Gas, Lumber, Potash, Cars, wheat, canola  which are our biggest exports nearly all go to the States

Our machinery, refined gasoline, petro-chemicals are mostly imported from the US. 

And food were even more dependant. Fruits, vegetables and pre-packaged or frozen foods are almost all from the US

Pork and Dairy is practically the only food our own production competes with. Our a few produce we can actually grow like potatoes, apples, wheat etc

Thank you for showing that. 

But unlike Ms Sanders, I feel, this is a back and forth. These deals have been agreed on and worked with for a long time. Now suddenly, Canada OWES us? 

It's all part of a bigger picture and I didnt vote for it.  

If I could melt ur heart...we'd never be apart.
  • Like 1

That J

I mean other Countries have that issue too

Here in Canada u can also have the poplar vote winner loose cause it goes by seats as well and winning government for us automatically produces the prime minister or premier for provinces

Here in Ontario the Conservatives just won a majority Government even tho they won by minority in terms of poplar votes giving them disproportional power in relation to votes

I know it isnt just here. That's how it works. What kills me about it is, before Trump won he wanted to have that vote removed. Then he won BY IT and called it "the greatest thing of our democracy" on TV the day after he won. 

Its ridiculous.   I get heated because I live here and have many friends abroad. I've had people ask me "how do you sit by and..."...and I'd have to say now WAIT! I dont sit by. I'm protesting, I'm verbal, I'm sharing, I'm donating, I'm trying. 

But mark my words....

Trump is the base cause for this new civil war that is already erupting here in the States because he gave an allowed voice to a very small number of hateful, racist, destructive, EVANGELICAL people who see him as the literal second coming of Christ and it is the most vile thing I've seen in my near 40 years in this nation.  

• Like 1

That J

It's a scary time. And there are a few men to blame for it. Trump is one. What he is doing to other nations is one thing, what he is doing in the streets of the USA is ....shocking.  We need help. Peace be with you all.  Xo

Economy
4 minutes ago, That J said:

Thank you for showing that. 

But unlike Ms Sanders, I feel, this is a back and forth. These deals have been agreed on and worked with for a long time. Now suddenly, Canada OWES us? 

It's all part of a bigger picture and I didnt vote for it.  

I think a big problem too is Trump's administration doesn't see the service economy as an equal or job creator I guess because they tend to exclude that from the numbers

Overall Trade is actually in favour of the US. Canada buys more from the US than the US buys from Canada

We buy way more services tho which more than makes up the gap. Stuff like airwaves, media, music services, retail stores etc etc etc 

However Canada does sell a little bit more if you only count manufacturing for example or physical goods which is what Trump looks at. But it doesn't give a complete picture

In any case trade deficits or surpluses have more factors at play than just how trade deals are structured and Trump needs to learn that

For example Government deficit spending tends to lead to Trade Deficits long term too because the Government puts more money into economy than it takes and gives it the capital and means to consume beyond it's productive Capacity and the US sure runs big deficits

jesse_batista
  • Love 1

That J
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think a big problem too is Trump's administration doesn't see the service economy as an equal or job creator I guess because they tend to exclude that from the numbers

Overall Trade is actually in favour of the US. Canada buys more from the US than the US buys from Canada

We buy way more services tho which more than makes up the gap. Stuff like airwaves, media, music services, retail stores etc etc etc 

However Canada does sell a little bit more if you only count manufacturing for example or physical goods which is what Trump looks at. But it doesn't give a complete picture

In any case trade deficits or surpluses have more factors at play than just how trade deals are structured and Trump needs to learn that

For example Government deficit spending tends to lead to Trade Deficits long term too because the Government puts more money into economy than it takes and gives it the capital and means to consume beyond it's productive Capacity and the US sure runs big deficits

Well yes The US is a major player in trade and the things you've listed, again, go to the things that have been in the past with ease for the most part. 

The issue now is Trump. He is breaking ties and adding and taking away and is on this strange back and forth with countries we have had a tremendous working/trade relationship with. Because of his attempts to change it, he is losing the trade with Canada who has LONG been a partner with the US.  To know so many people of the sweet area of Canada are protesting us right now, speaks volumes. 

I have a hard time putting into words what all is happening but lemme break it down best I can. 

By changing tariffs and taxations, Trump is already responsible for big business leaving the US.....this fast!  The same companies he said he would save are leaving.  Some are.  But what is left in 2 more years of this?  He is meeting with Russia casually.  He went to Kim Jung and came back and the first words he said was " When he speaks, his people stand.  I want my people to do the same."

What?!?!?!

And now Canada.  A war is brewing and the beloved USA will lose its name because of 4 years of this *********.   I put the stars myself because whatsoever I call him would have to be censored. 

I hate this for us and for Canada and all the other nations we have built our name with by being FOR them.    

And I havent included schools, taxes, race wars, health insurance, etc etc...

Edited by That J
  • Like 1

That J

One of many reasons I love this site, even tho it used to be better, is that I can come here and lose myself in Gaga talk or help someone with advice. I can get out of this country for a moment. 

Then when I post and leave, the politics come back. It is a terrifying time. But I am working with wonderful people who are DEMANDING change. We may not be able to impeach but we are building a WALL of US that will not crumble nor be shaken and we will overcome this.  

• Love 1

Teal Ambition
2 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

Girl, we would have so much fun. 

pmDpUIIxg

And potential go broke because of our horrible shopping habits together :cryga:tenor.gif?itemid=5254036

▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌

Economy
9 minutes ago, That J said:

Well yes The US is a major player in trade and the things you've listed, again, go to the things that have been in the past with ease for the most part. 

The issue now is Trump. He is breaking ties and adding and taking away and is on this strange back and forth with countries we have had a tremendous working/trade relationship with. Because of his attempts to change it, he is losing the trade with Canada who has LONG been a partner with the US.  To know so many people of the sweet area of Canada are protesting us right now, speaks volumes. 

I have a hard time putting into words what all is happening but lemme break it down best I can. 

By changing tariffs and taxations, Trump is already responsible for big business leaving the US.....this fast!  The same companies he said he would save are leaving.  Some are.  But what is left in 2 more years of this?  He is meeting with Russia casually.  He went to Kim Jung and came back and the first words he said was " When he speaks, his people stand.  I want my people to do the same."

What?!?!?!

And now Canada.  A war is brewing and the beloved USA will lose its name because of 4 years of this *********.   I put the stars myself because whatsoever I call him would have to be censored. 

I hate this for us and for Canada and all the other nations we have built our name with by being FOR them.    

And I havent included schools, taxes, race wars, health insurance, etc etc...

Agreed. And I know most of America doesn't feel this way

I think our politicians do too cuz they often speak in sentences like "we just have to do the best we can until his term is over" so in terms of alienation I think it's smoothed out slightly because they know his administration isn't all of America

Canada is also so economically linked to the US that despite Tarrifs retaliation we do have to keep trying to reach a compromise because there's no denying removing trade with the US from Canada's economy would be like removing a vital organs from a patient

I don't know what the EU might do tho. Their economies aren't quite as interlinked with the US I actually expect Europe to throw harder punches down the line if they are pushed over the edge than Canada simply because they can whereas Canada has too much to loose to go too hard

jesse_batista
  • Like 1

That J

Agreed. And I know most of America doesn't feel this way

I think our politicians do too cuz they often speak in sentences like "we just have to do the best we can until his term is over" so in terms of alienation I think it's smoothed out slightly because they know his administration isn't all of America

Canada is also so economically linked to the US that despite Tarrifs retaliation we do have to keep trying to reach a compromise because there's no denying removing trade with the US from Canada's economy would be like removing a vital organs from a patient

I don't know what the EU might do tho. Their economies aren't quite as interlinked with the US I actually expect Europe to throw harder punches down the line if they are pushed over the edge than Canada simply because they can whereas Canada has too much to loose to go too hard

The EU isnt sure either. I dont think Canada and the US would or could separate when it comes to trade. Your analogy is perfect and it works both ways. Trade doesnt just benefit one.  

I urge you to try and find the briefings held nearly each day.  They are televised. Sarah Sanders and the press. Watch them and let's discuss. I have another group of friends here that just do not care. "Nothing is going to change. Its America.."  I ask myself..why are you guys my friends?! Lol

I think Canada and Americans are linked more than anything.  The people.  Because we are all saying "Let's hold tight, wait this out, get him out and let's begin again."   Makes me feel better knowing that's the consensus there. We are doing the same. 

That J

We want a democratic or at least an open independent to be president. I would vote for Bernie Sanders. i would vote again for Mrs Clinton.  

Whoever the options are will be interesting. I almost feel Trump will act as if something is wrong healthwise and act as some noblemen to step out of the way because of fear of losing.  But, then again, he has ONE THING..

No fear.  

This is going to be a historical time when the next big election hits. Predicting wait times of 2 hours or more and people being fine with it. I can not wait! 

Economy
1 minute ago, That J said:

The EU isnt sure either. I dont think Canada and the US would or could separate when it comes to trade. Your analogy is perfect and it works both ways. Trade doesnt just benefit one.  

I urge you to try and find the briefings held nearly each day.  They are televised. Sarah Sanders and the press. Watch them and let's discuss. I have another group of friends here that just do not care. "Nothing is going to change. Its America.."  I ask myself..why are you guys my friends?! Lol

I think Canada and Americans are linked more than anything.  The people.  Because we are all saying "Let's hold tight, wait this out, get him out and let's begin again."   Makes me feel better knowing that's the consensus there. We are doing the same. 

Of course it benefits both. However because the US is so much larger... Although the US also suffers with trade barriers between us it's definitely worse for Canada

Although all the Countries Trump is fighting at once if u add them up it's WAY larger than the US economy so I dunno why he's so confident he can "win the trade war"

I'm at work now so I can't talk to much but there's a lot of things protectionism hurts like efficiency and bulk production. I'll get more into it when I have time

jesse_batista
  • Like 1

That J
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Of course it benefits both. However because the US is so much larger... Although the US also suffers with trade barriers between us it's definitely worse for Canada

Although all the Countries Trump is fighting at once if u add them up it's WAY larger than the US economy so I dunno why he's so confident he can "win the trade war"

I'm at work now so I can't talk to much but there's a lot of things protectionism hurts like efficiency and bulk production. I'll get more into it when I have time

Exactly!  That's what I have been asking friends. How can he win a trade war (that he himself has started) when this goes so so so above even us? HELLO China!  

Ah, I'm just so glad I found my political buddy. WE couldve been talking this the whole time.  Dm me or I'll see you in the world news threads.  Have a good day. Xo

Edited by That J

Eggsy
2 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

This is so true. You should see my genealogy from Nova Scotia. Each person had like 15 children and then when the wife died of disease, the husband would marry her younger sister and then they would have like ten more kids. :sis:

Thats where the 900k residents came from ^+^ 

Economy
1 hour ago, That J said:

Exactly!  That's what I have been asking friends. How can he win a trade war (that he himself has started) when this goes so so so above even us? HELLO China!  

Ah, I'm just so glad I found my political buddy. WE couldve been talking this the whole time.  Dm me or I'll see you in the world news threads.  Have a good day. Xo

Lol I mean I'm not new to GGD I've been known as the economics guy probably for the last 3 or 4 years or so haha

But ya. China alone could cripple the US if they chose to. All they would have to do is dump their $1.2 Trillion worth of US treasuries and that would send the US into a financial meltdown worse than in 2008. Bond yields would spike and credit would free

Of course China would have to be super angry to do this because it's definitely not in their best interests to cripple the US and they know it

My point tho is they are powerful and Trump should know he's playing with fire

jesse_batista
  • Like 1