💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if Lady Gaga performed at the Super Bowl in 2012?

27monster27

What if Lady Gaga performed at the Super Bowl in 2012?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would a 2012 Super Bowl performance be as iconic as our 2017 one?

• Yes, it would be just as/if not more iconic.
    • It wouldn't be as iconic.

Featured Posts

27monster27

I always have wondered about this. My main question though is why didn't she? I briefly remember hearing a few years back that apparently she was in line to do it, but then got beaten out by Madonna? Can anyone confirm this?

And since there is apparently only one poll question possible... :poot:

1. Since she would probably perform it here, and knowing what the Superbowl did for Million Reasons, how much would the Superbowl help with Marry the Nights charting status?

2. Since she wanted it as the sixth BTW single, would having a debut performance of Heavy Metal Lover be a good idea at the Super Bowl?

he/him/his

Arcanum

No

She was overexposed at the time.

No good would have come other than hysteria about her "over the top shenanigans".

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

NotMyFlop

2012 was too early. It would've fared well given her several hits before 2012, but people really loved how natural/non-gimmicky her 2017 Superbowl was. She was a tad too controversial in 2012, so her antics could've sabotaged it. Just depends on how she framed the performance. Would LOVE to see a concept though. 

1. I don't think it would include MTN. It would've been the same setlist tbqh except for Million Reasons, she would've closed the show with TEOG. It would've been iconic. 

2. Heavy Metal Lover, while great, would not have been a good move. It's so sexy for a show with wide childhood appeal. It would've flopped. 

Aglaya

I really believe that the media and the gp would have boycotted her. 

could mean anything

LOVE JUNKIE

I think she could have put on a good show in 2012 but nothing like what we got in 2017. I don't think a performance then would've done much for MTN or HMN. They probably would've gotten a boost in sales that week but I don't think it could have helped them much in the long run.

on a three day bender

TEANUS

I doubt Marry the Night would’ve been performed. It would’ve been used to launch a 6th single from BTW. Hair would’ve been a good option, it’s a good stadium anthem track and it continued the self-acceptance themes of the era. The show as a whole probably would’ve been more in that direction.

1. Born This Way

2. Just Dance

3. Poker Face 

4. You and I

5. Hair

6. Bad Romance 

But it’s best it happened when it did, Gaga was more able to be appreciated by the GP

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Damon

It would have been iconic though, the gp was all ober her in that time

I think if she sang TEOG, it would have been a #1 no doubt, not sure about MTN

Nah, HML should always remain as a fan jewel

... and now i just sit in silence.

Twitter

If Gaga were to perform at SBHTS 2012:

1. She was overexposed from BTW era.

2. She probably would’ve pushed HML to be the sixth single since she hinted it in December-January. 

3. The stage and setlist would’ve been quite messy due to Gaga rehearsing for the BTWB. 

4. BTWB would have started in summer 2012 in America then cancelled due to her body condition.

5. The moment wouldn’t be special since BTW album was too gay for the GP at the time. 

Possible Setlist

1. Marry The Night (Acoustic)

2. Born This Way

3. Bad Romance

4. Just Dance/Poker Face/Love Game (Medley)

5. Telephone

6. The Edge of Glory (Ballad)

7. Judas

*Gaga would have still put on a good show its just 2010-2014 wasn’t the right time to perform there. 

Twitter
7 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

I really believe that the media and the gp would have boycotted her. 

This!

Chickens in Malibu

No, she would've probably made it too weird/provocative.

I think Joanne really made Gaga more mature and more respectable by the older audience/GP.

ryanripley

no matter what she did, she would have been dragged hard

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Sneaky Oliver

I think the setlist would be pretty similar - just You and I instead of Million Reasons and maybe TEOG acoustic on the roof

I’m on my Legacy Act era

sodrama

Theatricality/visual-wise, she would've topped Madonna, Katy, Beyoncé and of course ALL of the guys in between if it had been done in 2012. Remember that 2012 was the year she did The Born This Way Ball, and a lot of the aspects of that tour predated the notable aspects of Katy's halftime show, except the GP didn't know about it (the mechanical horse vs her lion, the quick changes, the huge thematic stage, etc.) :saladga:

Performance-wise, 2017 is untouchable though. Facts are facts :firega:

sipthistea

She was in a messy state of mind, so I think it would have been quite difficult for her. Plus she was overexposed and people were tired of her. 

They love her more now. 

Lextyr97

I think she would've done more for the fans (very gay), but 2017's was amazing and I'm glad she did it when she did.

Archived