question

Do You Think BTW Deserved AOTY Really?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geopang

21 is not a better album than BTW. And it did not have the cultural impact that BTW did. 

illbekind

As someone else said, I don't think the true impact of BTW will be realised for a long time... and that's better than any award.

ryanripley

idk but why in seven hells did they submit judas over teog

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bolkins

I love BTW but I think 21 rightfully deserved the award. 21 is one of those albums that is timeless, it’s like the modern day Rumours. 

Mr S

No. It deservedly lost to the better album.

However, Edge of Glory should have received song and record of the year nomination but again should lose to Adele.

Ziggy

No, but I’m confused about the submissions Interscope made... they hardly even tried for the smaller awards and that BAFFLES me. TEOG could have stood a real chance at something.

Cssomeone

The Fame Monster (and even The Fame) deserved AotY more than BTW in my opinion (when you think about quality, impact, and of course, the other nominees all together)

That year, Kanye's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" or Bon Iver's "Bon Iver" should have been nominated and won over "21" (and "Born This Way", obviously)

sipthistea

BTW was way more interesting and riskier than 21. But it was also messier in many aspects, so that played against Gaga. The Grammys don't go for risky things, that's why they're so predictable. 

The reason why 21 won was due to its savvy, universal and friendly theme. It's a good record. But let's be honest, it's just another heartbreak album and Adele is way too overrated in the music industry. 

Thomas P

I like it a whole lot more than 21, but if you think that gaga should have won it over Adele that year then you’re literally blinded by fan goggles, cause 21 was just so much more impactful, critically lauded, commercially successful, etc. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

LordEnigma
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

idk but why in seven hells did they submit judas over teog

Because they knew she would lose either way so they wanted her to lose to a song that was more obvious than a song that was a contender. Less of a loss.

LordEnigma

I really think socially BTW had more impact but commercially, Adele had more impact.

Theres nothing super ground-breaking or new or anything about 21 but it’s a solid album.

Raccoon

Grammys are predictable af so deserved =/= could've won.

Otherwise, they should at least have given BTW the award to Best Pop Vocal Album. Its even more predictable the winner of this category be the same as AOTY :rip:

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

Mirages

I mean 21 was the album of the year, unlike this year's winner. She should have won AOTY for TFM though :classy:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Archived