💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

YouTube ALONE Will Kill Hip-Hops' Dominance

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Not really an opinion, more of a fact.

So if you don't know, Billboard is changing its streaming rules tomorrow (and rightfully so). It'll now take into affect streams from paid vs. unpaid services. Paid will receive full points and unpaid will receive less. You can see the breakdown below:

I looked into it and last year, of the Top 10 most viewed videos on Youtube in the US, 6 of them were rap songs! And this is just the top 10. Had the rules been applied last year these songs would've been lower on the Hot 100, because they would've only received 2/3 of the value. 

Youtube will do damage alone.

...and that's before we even get to SoundCloud and unpaid Spotify streams...but we'll save that for next week. 

Expect pop music to come back a little bit stronger in the coming weeks. 

ImNoAngel

Finally. Because it’s not the likes of Kendrick, J Cole, etc.. who are dominating the charts. It’s the lil something something.

Thomas P

Thank god. Ever since 2014, the charts have been riddled with garbage hip hop (the good stuff doesn’t last as long), and I’ve quite frankly had it. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

StarstruckIllusion

Wow, makes a lot of sense tbh. It’s why drama creators (Paul Bros., RiceGum) all make rap songs. They’re not dumb at marketing. Oh god, this is gonna get reverted huh? That community will snap, and rappers are def. the type to tweet about this. 

Hey mods, can we take this down like that other ASIB thread about that one producer pls :stalkga:

Weird how pop fans consume Youtube less. Wonder why....

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, ImNoAngel said:

Finally. Because it’s not the likes of Kendrick, J Cole, etc.. who are dominating the charts. It’s the lil something something.

This Is America isn’t even an original song either. Nothing pure is getting promo… tragic. 

Monsterish

At the end, how can this benefit Gaga? :awkney: I mean can we confirm this is good for her? Will we notice the changes?

funkyhaus
2 minutes ago, Yvi Monster said:

At the end, how can this benefit Gaga? :awkney: I mean can we confirm this is good for her? Will we notice the changes?

Have you seen John Wayne’s views? :selena:

Monsterish
7 minutes ago, Yvi Monster said:

5 minutes ago, funkyhaus said:

Have you seen John Wayne’s views? :selena:

They're bad, what's new? :huntyga:

ImNoAngel
6 minutes ago, Yvi Monster said:

Gaga (like most older pop stars) do better with pure sales.

MaryJaneHolland

I dont get it. How would this make Youtube alone kill hiphop?

3 minutes ago, ImNoAngel said:

Gaga (like most older pop stars) do better with pure sales.

But this doesnt say anything about itunes?

I really dont get this :messga:

DiscoHeaven23
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I dont get it. How would this make Youtube alone kill hiphop?

It's not gonna kill hip-hop, just its dominance on the charts. 

Archived