Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

If 'The Cure' Is A Reject From ASIB...

Monsterish

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
28 minutes ago, Gretchen said:

I've never understood why people think it was cut from ASIB...it's not going to be a pop soundtrack is it?? Does anyone have receipts for where this rumor came from? :oprah:

It would be such a great decision to continue down the country route on yet another album, especially since her fanbase loves CountryGa sooo much and it was such a international success... NOT.

Of course it's not going to be country. That would be the dumbest decision. 

StarstruckIllusion
32 minutes ago, Gretchen said:

I've never understood why people think it was cut from ASIB...it's not going to be a pop soundtrack is it?? Does anyone have receipts for where this rumor came from? :oprah:

I thought The Cure was written for Sonja.

People from the ASIB filing heard other pop songs (Heal Me, Do That) that sound just like The Cure last spring. There’s even snippets of Heal Me out there. It looks like it’s gonna be pop/country tbh

13 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

It would be such a great decision to continue down the country route on yet another album, especially since her fanbase loves CountryGa sooo much and it was such a international success... NOT.

Of course it's not going to be country. That would be the dumbest decision. 

Gurl...I never said it was going to be country :ladyhaha: just thought it would be more acoustic than actual pop.

11 minutes ago, Wigless said:

People from the ASIB filing heard other pop songs (Heal Me, Do That) that sound just like The Cure last spring. There’s even snippets of Heal Me out there. It looks like it’s gonna be pop/country tbh

I looked up the snippet of Heal Me and it does sound rather Cure-ish! I get why people are wondering if it was a reject, it has the same kind of distorted synth lead and beat. Maybe this is a true rumor after all :ohwell:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Illuminati

I was completely convinced it was an ASIB outtake but I never thought about it being written about Bradley's character. It makes sense

Eggsy

Am i the only one who thinks that because they shot footage as Cochella and she released this song at cochella that it could still be in the movie and there just being sneaky little devils? I mean there is no official track list so who knows. 

Ziggy

Look, I saw the movie. I don’t think it was a reject. I think it’s like DJWS said, it was during the sessions but they were just messing around kind of like Stuck on F*****g You. I wouldn’t call TC a reject, per se, but something that Gaga wrote that she didn’t want to give to the movie. She had the movie songs and wanted to keep one and kept TC. But sonically I do think it was influenced by Ally’s pop sound in the film (especially as it was written during those sessions). It’s in the same vein as those tracks.

Monsterish
3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Look, I saw the movie. I don’t think it was a reject. I think it’s like DJWS said, it was during the sessions but they were just messing around kind of like Stuck on F*****g You. I wouldn’t call TC a reject, per se, but something that Gaga wrote that she didn’t want to give to the movie. She had the movie songs and wanted to keep one and kept TC. But sonically I do think it was influenced by Ally’s pop sound in the film (especially as it was written during those sessions). It’s in the same vein as those tracks.

Do you think The Cure could be a bonus track? :oprah:

Eggsy
4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Omg i always forget you saw the movie.. and i always expect to not be reminded again.. Thanks.. :vegas:

Ziggy
1 minute ago, Yvi Monster said:

Do you think The Cure could be a bonus track? :oprah:

Yeah, sure. It would make sense sonically, for sure. It does sound quite a bit like Heal Me (but not so much that people will be saying one is a rip off of the other)

Ziggy
2 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

Omg i always forget you saw the movie.. and i always expect to not be reminded again.. Thanks.. :vegas:

If it helps I saw a very rough cut of it so I can’t say how it’ll end up aside from the main beats, acting is like, and what the music sounds like

SwissMonster

I mean the cure has the only single cover of Gaga with her brown hair during the Joanne era. Also it didn’t fit with Joanne, speaking of the sound. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it is ASIB related...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Archived