Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Gaga's biggest problem is her lack of trying

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
15 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

I get that, but thats part of making music and being a public figure. If she 100% hates it, then maybe she should retire and just write to herself. 

Mind that I dont condemn anything in the alley of becoming a money making machine. just that she needs to find a middle point where she can compromise some stuff and then retain her artistic integrity 

Also, even if her dancers and people work for others she should consider the fans who want it as well. its because of them that she has the life that she has. Im just saying some compromise is not unhealthy for her success and image  

Gaga writes music for herself, her friends and her family. She has told us there are private songs that we will never get to hear. 

Gaga knows there are downsides to the fame and unfortunately she has experienced many of them. But she has told us she will always be Lady Gaga and that she lives for the applause. We have to learn to accept that she is a human and not a robot and can't always be how we want her to be. It would exhaust her if she had the same busy schedule every day of her life. We need to let her have some space to breathe and be with her family. Think of the last few years as a vacation.  

She's now been back in the studio every day doing approximately 12 hours a day. All we keep wanting is more, more, more. But Gaga is only human, she can't be switched on 24/7.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
4 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

Wait?! What? I thought it was vice versa?I always got the feeling Gaga didn't care that much about PI and her label chose PI as a lead because it was the closest to her earlier work.... 

If I remember correctly, A-YO was what the label wanted but I don't know what Gaga wanted, it might have been Million Reasons?  I just know they both had to compromise and agreed on Perfect Illusion.

10 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

Yes! She was Candy, or at least a persona. The Haus + Beyoncé's team of 100% secrecy would literally shake the whole world. No one would ever prepare for that type of promotion... but that's a different topic thread. 

God I miss those days :pray:

73jlvd.png

lady-gaga-344-w-broadway-nyc.pbbig.jpg

img_4049.jpg

If her and Beyoncé teamed up again like this...none of us would be safe :sharon:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

NotMyFlop
13 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm still so impressed with how Bey's team managed to rebrand her as a legend inbetween eras, especially since 4 under performed.  I have no idea how they done it successfully but I really must commend them on it.

Exactly. The Haus could have easily done the same, but that is no longer. (Or, not what it was). Promotion is key! 

StarstruckIllusion

Oh you are SO right. The slate is as clean as it was in early 2009. I think her fibromyalgia has a lot to do with it tho :( 

this recent rumour of her dropping an album right when the residency starts spells promotional doom. she won’t have the time to be out there promoting on SNL, Fallon, Ellen, etc. It’ll be The Cure all over again. I honestly don’t think she can recover as a mainstream artist after that timeline, no matter what she does, bc it already feels like nobody from the GP (those who serve longevity) cared about, Perfect Illusion or The Cure. 

She doesn’t have to prove herself anymore, but god it was everything watching her try to do so from 2009-11. It’s fine if she doesn’t care, but it’s just sad, bc she really does have potential 

StarstruckIllusion
2 hours ago, smitherz said:

To be honest, I’m not sure Gaga or her team really wanted The Cure to be some massive hit. They probably have her career trajectory planned out for the next 3 years. If she goes OD on promoting The Cure it takes away from studio sessions, writing camps, Vegas planning. I have a feeling we are about to be be completely bumrushed by so much Gaga we’re not going to know what to do with ourselves. The Cure is literally a throw away reject from ASIB. As a fan base we just need to calm down. We don’t know what kind of conversations are being held behind closed doors, and we’re often foolish to even think that we (the people sitting at their computers not making a living in artist management) know what’s best. 

I wish she’d more open. She really let us think for months that The Cure was gonna be something big, yet it turns out she never even planned for a video, so you’re 100% right. It’s not hard, Gaga + team. It’s not 

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Benji said:

I think her single releases will always be a little up in the air, sometimes she seems to know better but then lately her label seem to know better.

For example, Gaga wanted Born This Way, Scheisse, Marry The Night and The Edge of Glory as singles from BTW.  This would have stopped the Judas controversy and I think all of those songs had good chances at becoming hits.

Her label wanted A-YO to be the lead on Joanne, which I think would have gone down better than Perfect Illusion but they both compromised on PI.

I think she wanted A-YO not the label. She told Howard how much a hit she thought it was. She LOVES that song to death (much more than PI, I’d say)

Squidward T

well I agree with the OP, she hasn't released anything substantial in at least 2 years and she didn't even really promote it besides the Superbowl Performance. Honestly, I just think she doesn't care anymore, she has all the money she needs, why put yourself out there if you don't have to, the sad thing is its negatively affecting her image and her brand, she has basically lost most of her support accept her diehard fans. Hopefully, ASIB will put her back on the top. 

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Squidward T said:

well I agree with the OP, she hasn't released anything substantial in at least 2 years and she didn't even really promote it besides the Superbowl Performance. Honestly, I just think she doesn't care anymore, she has all the money she needs, why put yourself out there if you don't have to, the sad thing is its negatively affecting her image and her brand, she has basically lost most of her support accept her diehard fans. Hopefully, ASIB will put her back on the top. 

no she hasn't

the past few years has been helping regaining the media's support and she has it now

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Squidward T
29 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

no she hasn't

the past few years has been helping regaining the media's support and she has it now

yeah, but its not being reflected in sales or streaming 

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, Squidward T said:

yeah, but its not being reflected in sales or streaming 

her sales are fine but sales are dead so

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RainingOnMe
3 hours ago, Benji said:

It's more complicated than just her lack of trying.

You are correct, she's not "trying" but that's because she doesn't want to.  To get a smash hit, you have to compromise on more than just your life, you have to compromise on your sound and vision.  Gaga wanted to make hits on ARTPOP and she allowed the label to interfere to the point the album wasn't what was originally envisioned and she was dragged through hell for it because it lacked substance.

I don't care if she doesn't care, I just appreciate she's still making good music.

Very well said :applause:

GABEL
3 hours ago, Benji said:

If I remember correctly, A-YO was what the label wanted but I don't know what Gaga wanted, it might have been Million Reasons?  I just know they both had to compromise and agreed on Perfect Illusion.

no 
Gaga is the one who wants A-YO to be a single
her label is the one who chose PI
I remember it clearly that she said it in an interview

here's a GGD article to prove that:

so obviously the blame is on Interscope, for both era :ohwell:

ProdigyARTPOP
3 hours ago, smitherz said:

To be honest, I’m not sure Gaga or her team really wanted The Cure to be some massive hit. They probably have her career trajectory planned out for the next 3 years. If she goes OD on promoting The Cure it takes away from studio sessions, writing camps, Vegas planning. I have a feeling we are about to be be completely bumrushed by so much Gaga we’re not going to know what to do with ourselves. The Cure is literally a throw away reject from ASIB. As a fan base we just need to calm down. We don’t know what kind of conversations are being held behind closed doors, and we’re often foolish to even think that we (the people sitting at their computers not making a living in artist management) know what’s best. 

I have to agree with this statement. “I have a feeling we are about to be completely bumrushed by so much Gaga”. Many of you seem to forget a BLOCKBUSTER FILM is coming with Lady Gaga in a lead role, a soundtrack completely executive produced and sang by her is coming out , she is more than likely working on LG6 at this very moment, she’s starting a residency in December, she’s got something with Tony Bennett under her sleeve. you guys buckle up, you’re not ready for the 4th quarter of 2018 and 2019 because she’s coming. Like realize that. :trollga:

Archived