Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Lorde rip off Lana's career?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Robo Ga
8 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

No.

Lana lives in high fantasy, autobiographical fiction, nostalgia, atmosphere, etc.

Lorde is a lot more tangible, but both have a focus on heightened emotion, drama, its just that Lana blurs the lines between what's real historically in order to show that emotion, Lorde may dramatize, exaggerate, etc. but she isn't concocting cautionary tales, idealizing concepts, symbols, icons, and nostalgia in order to do so I would say :shrug: 

I think of Lana as like a post-impressionist/expressionist artist. I'm not sure what I would categorize Lorde as. Their lyrics and image, methods are just very different, they also make totally distinct music and sing different - and their trajectories to fame were also totally different, which is fitting.

"Dreamy and introspective" are too vague and general of terms. 

This is the perfectly written response 

🤖⚡️

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

Nah, Lorde's lyrics are like the lyrics that I used to write when I was 12.. this is why mostly teenagers likes her and thinks she's the messiah.. she's very average and giving some "I'm better than you cause I'm soo serious and artistic" vibe..

Lana is just cooler, she knows her flaws and just go on with it, she has so many good lyrics and so many songs that you can relate, she's just so much better.. but of course she has some fails like all the rest.. like Woodstock lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

TropicOfCANCER
18 minutes ago, River said:

Nah, Lorde's lyrics are like the lyrics that I used to write when I was 12.. this is why mostly teenagers likes her and thinks she's the messiah.. she's very average and giving some "I'm better than you cause I'm soo serious and artistic" vibe..

Lana is just cooler, she knows her flaws and just go on with it, she has so many good lyrics and so many songs that you can relate, she's just so much better.. but of course she has some fails like all the rest.. like Woodstock lol

Groan. How ridiculous. I’m 27 and think melodrama is brilliantly written. I wonder how Lorde has an AOTY nomination and Lana doesnt. Surely the Grammys committee is not devised of teens. Writer in the dark is better than any Lana song...ever. 

River
1 minute ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Groan. How ridiculous. I’m 27 and think melodrama is brilliantly written. I wonder how Lorde has an AOTY nomination and Lana doesnt. Surely the Grammys committee is not devised of 12 year olds. 

deal with my opinion :vegas:

TropicOfCANCER
Just now, River said:

deal with my opinion :vegas:

I will, because it ultimately doesn’t matter. But one more thing: how the hell is the lyrical content of Lana’s music more relatable than lordes? Lordes last album was literally a break up album. 

BBhomemaker

No Lorde have an aspect more poetic on the world and relationships 

Lana is more romantic which is different in the way both write, she's more into emotions Lords is more into introspection 

As a fan of both I don't search and find the same things on each other. I enjoy them both in their way

Matangi
9 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Groan. How ridiculous. I’m 27 and think melodrama is brilliantly written. I wonder how Lorde has an AOTY nomination and Lana doesnt. Surely the Grammys committee is not devised of teens. Writer in the dark is better than any Lana song...ever. 

girl.. you didnt have to go that far i think we can agree the two have entirely different voices, styles and goals for their records. 

River
Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

I will, because it ultimately doesn’t matter. But one more thing: how the hell is the lyrical content of Lana’s music more relatable than lordes? Lordes last album was literally a break up album. 

it's more relatable to me :laughga:

I don't understand your approach I'm sorry, I just expressed my opinion, how I see Lorde vs Lana, no needs to take it so seriously.. some people don't like Lorde.. nothing wrong with that..

Vitleysingur

Nah. Lana writes about daddies while Lorde writes about boys.:vegas:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

TropicOfCANCER
Just now, River said:

it's more relatable to me :laughga:

I don't understand your approach I'm sorry, I just expressed my opinion, how I see Lorde vs Lana, no needs to take it so seriously.. some people don't like Lorde.. nothing wrong with that..

You can express an opinion without putting someone’s music down (while also oddly self-congratulating :oops:) I’m gonna be honest, I think you probably haven’t really listened to most of lordes music...and that’s fine! But juvenile? Cooler than others attitude? Where? These just seem like baseless insults. 

Anyway, I’m actually a full fledged Lana Stan and prefer her music. What is your favorite Lana song?

TropicOfCANCER
3 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Nah. Lana writes about daddies while Lorde writes about boys.:vegas:

I mean...lordes last album is about her ex...and he’s 28. Lana doesn’t really write about daddies anymore either.

River
Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

You can express an opinion without putting someone’s music down (while also oddly self-congratulating :oops:) I’m gonna be honest, I think you probably haven’t really listened to most of lordes music...and that’s fine! But juvenile? Cooler than others attitude? Where? These just seem like baseless insults. 

Anyway, I’m actually a full fledged Lana Stan and prefer her music. What is your favorite Lana song?

I listened to Melodrama, it's just not my thing, I felt awkward to listen to this.. just like let's say early Charlie XCX songs, like Break The Rules, idk, I'm not a kid anymore and all this young love and young rebelling is just not for me.

Lorde was really arrogant in many interviews and also I get this vibe from her videos, her performances, this is what I feel when I watch her and read her interviews..

Dark Paradise because it's very personal, I lost my mom and this song expressing everything that I feel..

PoshLife
1 hour ago, Matangi said:

She absolutely was one of many female pop artists who rode the wave that Lana created with Born to Die. But I think their styles remain very distinct, mostly how they write and sing.

WAVE?? You're being a little generous, sis. This forum has always given Lana waaaaay too much credit.

PoshLife
41 minutes ago, River said:

Lana is just cooler, she knows her flaws and just go on with it

I mean she literally gets performances removed from the entire internet because they didn't go well

Archived