Justin Bieber is this DECADE's most influencial popstar

Suspiria

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Suspiria said:

But to have an effect = to influence..?

Does anyone know how to block a user on here so you don´t have to see their profile picture anymore?

Sorry but yours is giving me nightmares @Suspiria

TMM90
12 hours ago, Suspiria said:

In Latin America yes. But come on, it would never have been a worldwide smash hit without him.

Excuse you. Outside the US it was already a World Wide hit without the JB feature. 

jaXXXon

Well, if it wasn't for Gaga, the EDM sound wouldn't even be popular in the US. And the Tropical House sound was an extension of the EDM sound, so there would be no Tropical on radio without EDM hitting the airwaves in 2009. 

So there would be no What Do You Mean without Bad Romance :trollga:

One thing I'd give Bieber is that he was the first to put up his covers on YouTube and get signed and become a star. That's his impact. Like Gaga's weird outfits and sound.

Beyoncé, on the other hand, launched the surprise release AND Friday becoming the international release day for new music (The IFPI said it was because of Beyoncé's self-titled album's surprise release on a Friday that inspired them to re-schedule).

So yeah, they all have impact but Bieber the biggest? Nah, I'd say that's a stretch.

homomo

The modern reggeton trend all started with Drake’s One Dance, and Sia’s Cheap Thrills in 2016. After that, Justin even released Cold Water to get on the hype. Despacito came out when absolutely everyone was already doing it.

homomo
1 hour ago, TMM90 said:

Excuse you. Outside the US it was already a World Wide hit without the JB feature. 

Omg this. It basically had a billion YouTube views before the JB release. 

Suspiria
1 hour ago, Gagi said:

Does anyone know how to block a user on here so you don´t have to see their profile picture anymore?

Sorry but yours is giving me nightmares @Suspiria

Did... you just call me ugly?:selena:

16 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

The modern reggeton trend all started with Drake’s One Dance, and Sia’s Cheap Thrills in 2016. After that, Justin even released Cold Water to get on the hype. Despacito came out when absolutely everyone was already doing it.

But Sorry was released in 2015? And was a bigger hit than Cheap Thrills.

This tropical thing was big in germany back in 2014 and not one and a half year later when bieber "invented" it :huntyga: anyone heard of robin schulz? :ohwell:

tbh this latin pop music was even there in 2016 (shakira, etc..) and bieber just hopped on the train... Despacito was #1 in Europe (germany...) before the Remix was released :bye:

17 hours ago, River said:

No it's Demi

latest?cb=20171221024242

the meme of our generation

hail queen demetria

lost in limbo

The thing is, it's just not the sound that makes someone influential, it's various other factors. Also a key factor in being influential is when people start mentioning you when asked about their inspirations for their album/song/overall career. So unless you find me quotes of various artists who've DIRECTLY said they were inspired by him, he's not really that influential.

Where Are U Now? might've been influential? Yes. But Despacito was popular outside of the US before Justin's version. Justin's version just pushed it further in the US. However, the thing is eventually the original surpassed Justin's version in popularity, so that's where the latin sound came from.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

LordEnigma
On 6/22/2018 at 6:42 AM, jaXXXon said:

Well, if it wasn't for Gaga, the EDM sound wouldn't even be popular in the US. And the Tropical House sound was an extension of the EDM sound, so there would be no Tropical on radio without EDM hitting the airwaves in 2009. 

So there would be no What Do You Mean without Bad Romance :trollga:

One thing I'd give Bieber is that he was the first to put up his covers on YouTube and get signed and become a star. That's his impact. Like Gaga's weird outfits and sound.

Beyoncé, on the other hand, launched the surprise release AND Friday becoming the international release day for new music (The IFPI said it was because of Beyoncé's self-titled album's surprise release on a Friday that inspired them to re-schedule).

So yeah, they all have impact but Bieber the biggest? Nah, I'd say that's a stretch.

Well by that logic, I guess the largest influencer in music is the first person to invent an instrument - or I suppose the chanting of early tribes. Slay, queens!

Justin bieber did NOT start any of those trends :sharon::sharon::sharon:

He's just still making coins because he hops on lots of tracks by trending artists :huntyga:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Smother Em Eh

Not when Gaga exists nice try tho :stalkga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived