💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Justin Bieber is this DECADE's most influencial popstar

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Just now, SolidSnake said:

Source on that? I cant argue because I dont know 

I'm Latino, the song was released on February and it was everywhere, by the time the Bieber feat was released everyone was really tired of it. If it weren't for Bieber the song would've been huge in Latinamerica and Spain and that's it. J Balvin's Mi Gente was also  huge here but nobody cared about that Beyoncé feat and it flopped. So I think you have to give Bieber some credit here...

underneath the pine

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SolidSnake
Just now, Jorget said:

I'm Latino, the song was released on February and it was everywhere, by the time the Bieber feat was released everyone was really tired of it. If it weren't for Bieber the song would've been huge in Latinamerica and Spain and that's it. J Balvin's Mi Gente was also  huge here but nobody cared about that Beyoncé feat and it flopped. So I think you have to give Bieber some credit here...

Thats not a source. Bieber being featured on it doesnt mean it climbed the charts because of him. There are too many variables with the "gone viral" culture. 

LaLuna

Sweetie, you need to look up the meaning of the word influential :oops:

Suspiria
1 minute ago, LaLuna said:

Sweetie, you need to look up the meaning of the word influential :oops:

adjective

1. having great influence on someone or something.

Justin has had great influence on mainstream pop sounds this decade? :awkney:

I don't get why everyone's disputing this lol? I'm not saying he invented these genres or that he's a creative genius. All I'm saying is the fact he chose to release music like this, and the fact they were extremely successful, made other artists want to go for the same sound, therefore creating a trend.

highlikegaga

i don't like biebs that much. but there were maybe some points made.

was i too high when even gaga mentioned sorry in one of the BTS joanne writing process? not saying she was influenced, but she did work with the guy who helped make it (bloodpop), so he's rather more the influencer than biebs:ladyhaha:

Just now, SolidSnake said:

Thats not a source. Bieber being featured on it doesnt mean it climbed the charts because of him. There are too many variables with the "gone viral" culture. 

"On the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, the single debuted at number 88 on February 4, 2017, becoming Fonsi's third entry on that chart and Daddy Yankee's seventh.[85][86] It subsequently peaked at number 44 on April 15, 2017 before the release of the remix version featuring Justin Bieber.[87][88] Several weeks after the remix's release, "Despacito" reached number one on the Hot 100 for the week ending May 27, 2017, becoming both Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's first number one on the chart, and Bieber's fifth." - Wikipedia

There are better Latino songs than the mediocre Despacito. Sure there are many factors that contribute to the "gone viral" culture. But Despacito had the most generic latin music video and the song itself it's just ok. I have a really hard time believing that the song would go #1 if it weren't for Biebs, what was the last song completely sung in Spanish that made it to the top 10? It was Bieber 100%.

I can't stand Bieber or that song btw. But facts are facts. :lana:

underneath the pine

TheRoof
Just now, Jorget said:

Despacito would have never been big in the US if it weren't for Biebs tho. The song was dying and the Bieber feat made it the biggest song of the year.

It wad already a top 20 tho , but the remix helped the song to be massive in certain places like the states and the uk

sipthistea

Influential? :yay:

More like the sound of his producers is influential. 

Suspiria
1 minute ago, sipthistea said:

Influential? :yay:

More like the sound of his producers is influential. 

Yes yes I know... but his NAME is clearly what sells, and therefore what makes an impact.

smokingthemall

I would definitely agree with this.

his story is nothing short of inspirational. when "Believe" came out, that is what set the mark for me that he was one of my biggest inspirations. he was (somewhat still is) all about chasing your dreams and never giving up on life - which inspired the hell out of me. he has definitely influenced this generations male dynamic. he was even influencing them when he was 15/16. that "hairflip" style wasn't that big, until Justin came out and popularized it. He popularized the term, "Swag" - he has single-handily made every guy want to be (or look) like him. If you have a dream, I dare you to watch his two films and tell me that he doesn't inspire you - even a little bit. 

Spoiler

Although, Lady Gaga has (to me) become the biggest influential artist of this generation.

No one is going to consider this tho because he's Justin Bieber - and it's a trend to not really like him :oops:

chase your big, beautiful dreams

I don't know if I'd say he's the most influential popstar this decade, but he's definitely one of them. Everyone loves to rag on him, but I would agree that he was early on in both the EDM and Latin/reggaeton trends that have happened in the mid/late 2010s. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. 

Archived