Featured Posts

River

No it's Demi

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SolidSnake

This is another example of GGD being unable to separate the word "Best" from "Favorite." Beebs may be your favorite but most influential? Its just funny lol. I dont see hosts of pop stars tweeting about how much Beebs is continuing to influence their music. I see it CONSTANTLY with Beyonce and I HATE her music. There is literally no other answer here. Its just Beyonce. I dont see how anyone could have a different answer than that. 

SolidSnake
1 minute ago, Borislshere said:

Maybe for male pop stars but for overall pop? No. 

I would argue Bruno Mars if we are talking male popstars.

Monsterish

He had impact in pop trend, that's true :golfclap:

But, he's not the most influencial popstar, lol :messga:

witchcocktor

More like the people who make Bieber's music, namely DJs, are the most influential popstars.

SolidSnake
5 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I don't like Bieber at all, but at least by commercial success he is miles and miles further than Aaron Carter ever got. 

If Bieber stopped in 2011, you could maybe compare the two.  He successfully became an actual adult pop-star. Aaron Carter never did that. (Ewwwww I hate that i'm defending Justin Bieber right now)

I guess so but my point is Musically Justin hasnt really evolved much he went from simple kiddy disney friendly songs to rap feature pop music. To me he just piggybacks on trends.

That J
13 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

But to have an effect = to influence..?

An effect would be more like making hits, being seen, noticed. Influence is more of a cultural relevance, a model that others follow the suit of, a trendsetter, etc.   He has hit songs and has done well for himself and probably will continue to. But there really hasnt been alot of little Justins pop up after him really. What would they copy or imitate? 

It's all opinion. That's mine and you have yours. All good. 😉

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

SolidSnake
1 minute ago, Sweet Olive said:

Lmao Despacito was already a hit without JB outside the USA

Vivi!

Fame IV

If there is one it's Gaga, as a versatile awarded musician, bussinesswoman, composer and actress.

A Star is Born ⭐

RochestrMonstr
2 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

I guess so but my point is Musically Justin hasnt really evolved much he went from simple kiddy disney friendly songs to rap feature pop music. To me he just piggybacks on trends.

In that case I agree with you 100%!

Suspiria
2 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

This is another example of GGD being unable to separate the word "Best" from "Favorite." Beebs may be your favorite but most influential? Its just funny lol. I dont see hosts of pop stars tweeting about how much Beebs is continuing to influence their music. I see it CONSTANTLY with Beyonce and I HATE her music. There is literally no other answer here. Its just Beyonce. I dont see how anyone could have a different answer than that. 

But he's not my favourite lol.

I provided evidence - are you trying to tell me that the massive success of Sorry, What Do You Mean and Where Are Ü Now didn't inspire other mainstream pop acts to try that same sound? Just listen to Ed's shape of you - it's very similar Purpose's sound, and nothing like the rest of Ed's discography. He clearly just saw what was popular and made his own version.

And honestly the Despacito impact is undeniable. Are you saying your beloved Beyoncé would ever have done Mi Gente if she hadn't seen how successful Justin had been hopping on a latin track lol?

That J
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

But he's not my favourite lol.

I provided evidence - are you trying to tell me that the massive success of Sorry, What Do You Mean and Where Are Ü Now didn't inspire other mainstream pop acts to try that same sound? Just listen to Ed's shape of you - it's very similar Purpose's sound, and nothing like the rest of Ed's discography. He clearly just saw what was popular and made his own version.

And honestly the Despacito impact is undeniable. Are you saying your beloved Beyoncé would ever have done Mi Gente if she hadn't seen how successful Justin had been hopping on a latin track lol?

If Justin had created a sound, I'd agree completely. But some of his work can be argued as imitation of better work before it.  Like I said, it's all just different opinions.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived