Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you miss this Beyoncé?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

The general direction most artists are going to isn’t as good as their last stuff. Indie artists and unknowns of decades past is where you’ll find enjoyment today tbh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBhomemaker

I was fan of DC, DL was good B-day was hot, Sasha fierce was fire, 4 is my favorite, I love BEYONCÉ and Lemonade

I miss her pop/rnb influences for sure, this new sound is not bad it's well done as usual it's more that I feel less connected with her in this last album and it's the first time it happens, I don' like Jay at all I think she shouldn't follow him, I know what she wants and what she's trying to do, so I understand why but I hope I would feel more connected with the next album 

Infinity Wave

There was a thread some time ago on here like "Has beyoncé lost her spark?", no need to say it was flooded with negative comments and "excuse me no"s.

I think she changed directions from being the powerful woman with some of the strongest vocals on earth, just to live in her own myth. I personally don't like her new music, the genre and everything, but that's not the point; I think she is pulling basic and meaningless music. It's her right to do that, and there is always be someone who'll like it, but I'm entitled to say that I think the reason most of the people listen to her latest album is because she is "Beyoncé".

There a whole world of good music, I don't need to hear her singin' "Look how rich I am". I'm happy for her, but I'm not gonna listen to that kind of songs :laughga:

Colourful

Ziggy
6 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Self-titled was good but the era overall too business-oriented for my taste.

Lemonade had some good songs, but overall I didn't like it. I have yet to find a single song where her vocals were as good as as her older songs. It felt like she jumped on the more urban trend in Lemonade. And Formation wasn't a good song for me. I liked Don't Hurt Yourself but that's about it.

And her newest album is a disaster. If her next solo is going to be like this, RIP Beyoncé with the beautiful vocals.

She had displays of beautiful vocals on EIL, but it’s important to remember that this is not her project and she was having fun with it, trying new stuff!

Also I think her vocals were beautiful on Pray You Catch Me. They were not crazy run-happy beyonce, they were immaculately controlled and rich. I extend a similar compliment to Love Drought and All Night. That isn’t to say I don’t like her old vocals, I do a lot, but I actually think she’s gotten better at displaying her prowess by exhibiting restraint where before I used to kind of roll my eyes when she’d start on the runs. It always felt a little excessive and it’s a flair of pop vocalists that drives me insane.

Damon

I like watching artists evolve, I love Beyoncé herself, she's getting better

Now I admit EIL, isn't my fav work from her, I still like it though

... and now i just sit in silence.

Mirages
2 hours ago, highlikegaga said:

y'all saying Self-Titled or I am are her best albums.

Not when this exist

51niFWqZ5XL.jpg

/thread

:awkney: you mean the album that had only like 2 or 3 good songs?

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
2 hours ago, Wigless said:

The general direction most artists are going to isn’t as good as their last stuff. Indie artists and unknowns of decades past is where you’ll find enjoyment today tbh

Someone with good taste finally!

I'm the bitch that's fragile

highlikegaga
Just now, Mirages said:

:awkney: you mean the album that had only like 2 or 3 good songs?

tenor.gif?itemid=7719252

Jewels n Drugs

Im living for "new yoncé" but i do really want another straight R&B record like 4 :flutter:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Regina George

I don’t get the need some users on GGD have to bash every user that has other opinion that the rest of them.

What he said is that Beyonce should sings songs that actually showcase her talent. Apeshit is literally song everyone can “sing” and you literally need no talent what so ever to “sing” it. Beyonce is more than that. Beyonce doesn’t need auto tune and she used it in that song. Also it’s true what he said about her being more “self centered” now and no one can say it’s not true cuz it is. Just listen to Lemonade. 

And I take “Sweet Dreams”, “Single Ladies” and “Crazy In Love” over ANYTHING she released since 2013. 

Ziggy
43 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I don’t get the need some users on GGD have to bash every user that has other opinion that the rest of them.

What he said is that Beyonce should sings songs that actually showcase her talent. Apeshit is literally song everyone can “sing” and you literally need no talent what so ever to “sing” it. Beyonce is more than that. Beyonce doesn’t need auto tune and she used it in that song. Also it’s true what he said about her being more “self centered” now and no one can say it’s not true cuz it is. Just listen to Lemonade. 

And I take “Sweet Dreams”, “Single Ladies” and “Crazy In Love” over ANYTHING she released since 2013. 

I don’t think comparing her previous R&B pop to APESH- is totally fair as she’s rapping on there which *does* take skill, just a different kind. She’s got good flow. I get your point and agree we should respect others’ differing opinions, but I don’t think some of it is even comparable because it’s just too different. If you like it more that’s one thing, but saying it’s better is trickier because she massively changed gears with the self-titled but even more so on Lemonade.

To your autotune point, I think she used it for effect as Gaga has in the past and not out of necessity. I think of it same way as Don’t Hurt Yourself with Jack White sticking the vocal filter over her voice that he’s known for. Again, if you like it or not is totally subjective, but I think it was an artistic decision more than anything else.

Yes, Lemonade is more self-centric but it was a concept album very intimately about her life and hardships. Idk how you write about that without being self-centric. I think the video side of the album really expanded the scope to be about black women at large which added *a lot* to the album. I appreciate that kind of ambition because it takes balls to tackle a topic like that and even more exceptional skill to actually pull it off. Her and her team really brought it.

Now, I respect if you don’t like it, that’s up to you, but I think there’s more than your giving her credit her going on.

FfFfFfFF

I love Self-titled and I think that album was really creative, interesting and modern-sounding, - I prefer it over her previous ones which were pretty basic and one-dimensional

but Lemonade for me was centered too much on visuals and the message overpowered the actual music. The music felt like a soundtrack which tried too much to draw influences from old genres, so much that it became flat. It didn't felt modern, some songs were good (Daddy Issues, Don't Hurt Yourself, Love Drought, 6 Inch) but I don't get the appeal of that album. This is my opinion though. I admit that that that sound isn't my thing and Lemonade is a full cinematic/ visual experience. I think it deserves its praise as a cinematic/ visual experience, but not as an album.

Borislshere
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

What he said is that Beyonce should sings songs that actually showcase her talent.

She’s sung songs that have showcased her talent all her career :laughga: she’s just having fun with this past album. 

Archived