Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything is flopping this 2018

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

The Bling

Well music's been pretty boring this year so yeah

zVlbUm8.gif

I'll complain with you when something interesting is released and flops :selena:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
10 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Music is so dry right now that even at high school parties nowadays we play the current hits but then end up playing throwback bops more just bc they're 150% better and catchier

Trust, that’s EXACTLY what they used to do when I was younger. People used to make fun of me for wanting to listen to the current pop music - it wasn’t the “glory days” as you are all making it out to be :laughga:

Pharamon

inb4 OMG FEMALES ARE SO DISCRIMINATED IN 2018'S POP MUSIC CAUSE THEY ARENT CHARTING OMG OMG OMG

ARTPOPSTER
20 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

It makes me sad how you monsters who are 20+ had bops during your teen years but I'm 16 and have to deal with this hip hop epidemic :saladga:

You and I are the same age, so I know your pain! :cryga:

Drin Lon
On 6/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, Alexander Levi said:

Trust, that’s EXACTLY what they used to do when I was younger. People used to make fun of me for wanting to listen to the current pop music - it wasn’t the “glory days” as you are all making it out to be :laughga:

I don't think so

I mean yeah pop music was always ridiculed

But if you wanted to find a bop during 2008 - 2015 you could easily find one.

What are you gonna bop to at a party today, God's Plan?

Frivolero
23 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Music is so dry right now that even at high school parties nowadays we play the current hits but then end up playing throwback bops more just bc they're 150% better and catchier

Honestly, people need to invent new sounds. The main reason why we are seeing the boredom is because

A. We now only have mini gaga's around that will have a 2-4 year career and become stagnant ( e.g. Meghan Trainer, Zayn Malik). They can be "Gaga's", but they are not marketing themselves right, expressing themselves right through NEW SOUNDS:saladga:

B. Labels keep restraining many artists by not letting them explore their sounds and only letting them make the pop/ rap songs over and over again. Also the **** promo by the labels (e.g. fifth harmony- their dead)

C. Big artist before are now hibernating because they have families/ sick of the trash radio. (Gaga, Britney, etc.)

D. Everything is about money and people keep repeating their tactics. A great new example now is Beyonce. She thinks dropping a surprise album is going to get her $$ and that shock factor. It's been executed well with lemonade, what's the point.

E. Nobody is doing the unwanted, not knowing it will be the wanted in the future lmao

F. Those who are doing the "unwanted", have shitty promo :cryga: (charli xcx)

oh boy I could go on

Edit: the only person who is there somewhere flying high is Ariana

though slightly :ohwell:

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, Drin Lon said:

I don't think so

I mean yeah pop music was always ridiculed

But if you wanted to find a bop during 2008-2012 you could easily find one.

What are you gonna bop to at a party today, God's Plan?

I mean some people completely disagree with you. I just think this “music is so terrible lately” is overrated. There are plenty of artists making amazing music - maybe you shouldn’t have to only look at the charts 🤷🏻‍♂️

But anyway, those are my opinions.

Giorno Giovanna
1 minute ago, Frivolero said:

Honestly, people need to invent new sounds. The main reason why we are seeing the boredom is because

A. We now only have mini gaga's around that will have a 2-4 year career and become stagnant ( e.g. Meghan Trainer, Zayn Malik). They can be "Gaga's", but they are not marketing themselves right, expressing themselves right through NEW SOUNDS:saladga:

B. Labels keep restraining many artists by not letting them explore their sounds and only letting them make the pop/ rap songs over and over again. Also the **** promo by the labels (e.g. fifth harmony- their dead)

C. Big artist before are now hibernating because they have families/ sick of the trash radio. (Gaga, Britney, etc.)

D. Everything is about money and people keep repeating their tactics. A great new example now is Beyonce. She thinks dropping a surprise album is going to get her $$ and that shock factor. It's been executed well with lemonade, what's the point.

E. Nobody is doing the unwanted, not knowing it will be the wanted in the future lmao

F. Those who are doing the "unwanted", have shitty promo :cryga: (charli xcx)

oh boy I could go on

gurl you are soooo spot on , I could not agree more

i think it is quite simple, we need brave musicians with fresh good sounds with good financial support for promo to try the new

Gaga wasn't such a blast in the past because of following the "trends" or normality

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

VoldeLorde2

I feel that there needs to be another pop girl with new music. I was confident with Ariana but then The Light is Coming didn't pack as much of a punch that I thought it would and now I doubt she will be what we need.

If Gaga comes out this year, she might be the one to bring it back. Remember, Just Dance didn't become a hit in the US until 2009.

2019 might be Gaga's year. With ASIB, she is already a high Oscar contender. An Oscar win will make people look for her and listen to her music.

Gaga might be the one to put pop back on the charts like she did in 2008

FRANK1991

we really need Carly and Gaga to save us :giveup:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Mirrion Rizzons
2 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

I mean some people completely disagree with you. I just think this “music is so terrible lately” is overrated. There are plenty of artists making amazing music - maybe you shouldn’t have to only look at the charts 🤷🏻‍♂️

But anyway, those are my opinions.

i know that I have many bops this year, but none of these will be played at parties

at parties we get stir fry, gods plan, nice for what, and UK sh*t songs like barking, drum and bass father etc its so dead

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

i know that I have many bops this year, but none of these will be played at parties

at parties we get stir fry, gods plan, nice for what, and UK sh*t songs like barking, drum and bass father etc its so dead

We had Lollipop, Bedrock, Sexy Can I, Low ... its really not that much different lmao

BBhomemaker
51 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

None of the #1 singles were BIG

Havana 

Archived