Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP could be better without ...

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

Antonia1
11 hours ago, Awrah999 said:

Dope: vocals sound drunk

That's what is it supposed to do as Gaga sings about her addiction to alcohol and cannabis in the past.

I do a trick, pretend that I am you until it clicks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RochestrMonstr

Interesting! This is one of those topics where there is no "right" or "wrong" or "absolute" answer. 

I have always thought she purposely made some of the album more lighthearted lyrically and almost funny/wacky in comparison to the very dark and heavy BTW album. Jewels and Donatella are the two songs that come to mind the most in that respect.  

I love ARTPOP though and don't think it would be better for any songs being left off. 

I'm rather shocked to hear people mention anything about Gypsy as "cringey" though. The "how you love and treat your mother line" is one of the most moving on the whole album in my opinion.  

Paulchieffo
On 6/19/2018 at 3:42 PM, Latino Baby said:

imagine the ARTPOP song with different kyrics but the same rhythm 

instead of ARTPOP the song could be named "We Belong Together"

and the song chorus would go like this with more relatable lyrics

"We could, we could Belong together (My Love)

We could, we could Belong together (My Love)

We could, we could Belong together (My Love)

My Luve, my Love, My Loooove"

#1 SMASH hit confirmed

ebntlxxf4qp5.gif

the thing with ARTPOP is that most lyrics were cringey and the EDM sound was uper dated by then

Keep it.

Guest Anisko
2 hours ago, nerdfacekillah said:

no she doesn’t. she respects every religion. she has never said that. also when she went in saudi arabia for the artrave tour, she changed some outfits just because of the culture there.

She never go to saudi arabia lol she went to imarate (dubai) 

Head Empty
On 19/06/2018 at 8:31 PM, Wigless said:

Also, why does no one know the meaning of “you could turn to stone, or the colour of, man petrified, by a woman?”

Care to explain it? :ohwell:

nerdfacekillah
17 minutes ago, Anisko said:

She never go to saudi arabia lol she went to imarate (dubai) 

sorry my mistake. but still she respected the culture there and never said anything bad about women with burqa like the user said.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Antonia1
19 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Care to explain it? :ohwell:

In the whole context of Sexx Dreams I would say that it means, women don't necessary need men for sexual satisfaction. Or respectively men "turn to stone" seeing what women can do without them.

I do a trick, pretend that I am you until it clicks

Awrah999
4 hours ago, Antonia1 said:

That's what is it supposed to do as Gaga sings about her addiction to alcohol and cannabis in the past.

-Dope: vocals sound drunk; lyrically it’s a little cringey; I prefer the “I Wanna Be With You” vocals and lyrics and was honestly disappointed with the final change despite appreciating her recognition of her own problems with addiction

I’m well aware and literally said this like 10 words later :saladga:. The title is literally called “Dope” so she makes it fairly clear she’s talking about addiction (and FYI she’s had a problem with more than alcohol and weed and it isn’t just “in the past”). My point is that I still prefer the original arrangement of the song with Gaga’s clear vocals and piano accompaniment. I appreciate the meaning of the song for her and it’s place on the track list (the sobering moment after all the tripped out songs prior), but the final product in my opinion and many other fans still sounds largely unpleasant when she in fact had one of the best voices of all time  

AquaFire Witch

I just watched and listened to a few ARTPOP performances because it has been a minute. I gotta say it's still my favorite. I raved on Joanne for a long time but if I had to pick an album I can't live without I am going with ARTPOP followed by BTW. ;)

So no I really wouldn't change a thing except maybe a few bonus tracks with Swine getting a heavy rock version.

ThisGuyTony
On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, Wigless said:

ARTPOP could be better without entire songs: Jewels N’ Drugs, MANiCURE, Donatella, Fashion, Dope and Gypsy to be specific.  

I agree with this except keep Gypsy. :gaycat: 

Phlop

Don’t come for Aura/Venus/Manicure, they’re amazing.

JnD is also a cultural appropriation bop. Would’ve smashed tbh.

Dope is the only song that doesn’t belong, and that’s due to it being sonically and lyrically different. It’s legit a ballad.

Gypsy is almost cringey and cheesefest but sweet and makes me tear up. Totally campy TEOG.

Donatella is a hot gay mess.

Swine is dumb but that BEAT.

And EDM isn’t dead, how the hell did Calvin/Zedd/Chainsmokers have hits recently then? 

BYE

Emigrante
On 19/06/2018 at 10:34 PM, Fish said:

I will never get the love for ARTPOP the song. Its cringey, we don't really know what shes talking about, she uses this operatic voice that is just weird. it's not really dancey, it has an outdated electro robot beat. I really really dont get it. 

Gypsy slays. 

You dont know what she's talking about* ;p

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Emigrante
5 hours ago, Phlop said:

Don’t come for Aura/Venus/Manicure, they’re amazing.

JnD is also a cultural appropriation bop. Would’ve smashed tbh.

Dope is the only song that doesn’t belong, and that’s due to it being sonically and lyrically different. It’s legit a ballad.

Gypsy is almost cringey and cheesefest but sweet and makes me tear up. Totally campy TEOG.

Donatella is a hot gay mess.

Swine is dumb but that BEAT.

And EDM isn’t dead, how the hell did Calvin/Zedd/Chainsmokers have hits recently then? 

Why is Swine dumb? This song literally talks about her fury towards her rapist. Xdd

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived