đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP could be better without ...

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

Killa
24 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Yeah but that just makes it all more interesting. Who else could come up with those wild, unique and “cringey” lyrics? 

And the only cringey one is the line “Slap honey on a young pancake we know how to make that money” line from J n’ D that you forgot. :lolga:

We pretend this isnt real. Now do us a favor and edit the post.

:ohwell:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Werk
9 minutes ago, Anisko said:

It seems so lazy it's like she's looking so hard for a rhyme lol 

But it still a great song 

I see. Although it's not that baaad when you have other songs on the radio right now :selena: 

I will never get the love for ARTPOP the song. Its cringey, we don't really know what shes talking about, she uses this operatic voice that is just weird. it's not really dancey, it has an outdated electro robot beat. I really really dont get it. 

Gypsy slays. 

Guest Anisko
8 minutes ago, Killa said:

Oink :vegas:

Aura slays, you best deal:vegas:

Sometimes i think i only enjoy ARTPOP to proven haters wrong:vegas:

#seethelight

I swear aura (the first leaked demo)  is my whole time fav songs 

I remember myself praying for it to get the single treatment it deserved 

Such a bop 

But lyrically is not that good 

SHALLOW

I stopped reading here:

1 hour ago, Anisko said:

I said it before and i'm saying it again ,ARTPOP is a good album and i still enjoy listening to it but everybody knows that LYRICALLY ARTPOP is not gaga's best work and this is maybe what really makes the album aging real bad...  

I consider g.u.y/ARTPOP/sex dreams/applause as the most well written songs in the album 

In the other hand songs like aura/venus/mjh/jnd/manicure/donatella are seems so weak lyrically 

ARTPOP could be better without those cringe worthy lyrics?  

Exp : 

"But in the bedroom the size of him's more than enough" aura 

"Just ask your gay friends their advice, before you
Get a spray tan on Holiday, in Taipei" donatella 

"And then he asked me,
He said, "Baby, why do we love each other?"
I said, "Honey, it's simple.
It's the way that you love and treat your mother." Gypsy 

"I know that Mom and Dad think I'm a mess
But it's alright, because
I am rich as piss" MJH 

"ARTPOP COULD MEAN ANYTHING"

and the famous line that could end a career itself "free my mind ARTPOP..  U make my heart stop " 

Gurl, :bye:

nerdfacekillah
13 minutes ago, Anisko said:

I swear aura (the first leaked demo)  is my whole time fav songs 

I remember myself praying for it to get the single treatment it deserved 

Such a bop 

But lyrically is not that good 

but she explained that the lyrics in aura are a metaphor like: do u wanna see the girl who lives behind the aura? with meaning she hides her true self from the media

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Sneaky Oliver

Some of you guys need to check this before judging her lyrics out of context

I’m on my Legacy Act era

VOLANTIS
8 hours ago, Wigless said:

ARTPOP could be better without entire songs: Jewels N’ Drugs, MANiCURE, Donatella, Fashion, Dope and Gypsy to be specific.  

You misspelled "Applause" six times omg

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Drin Lon
On 6/19/2018 at 9:23 PM, Anisko said:

I said it before and i'm saying it again ,ARTPOP is a good album and i still enjoy listening to it but everybody knows that LYRICALLY ARTPOP is not gaga's best work and this is maybe what really makes the album aging real bad...  

I consider g.u.y/ARTPOP/sex dreams/applause as the most well written songs in the album 

In the other hand songs like aura/venus/mjh/jnd/manicure/donatella are seems so weak lyrically 

ARTPOP could be better without those cringe worthy lyrics?  

Exp : 

"But in the bedroom the size of him's more than enough" aura 

"Just ask your gay friends their advice, before you
Get a spray tan on Holiday, in Taipei" donatella 

"And then he asked me,
He said, "Baby, why do we love each other?"
I said, "Honey, it's simple.
It's the way that you love and treat your mother." Gypsy 

"I know that Mom and Dad think I'm a mess
But it's alright, because
I am rich as piss" MJH 

"ARTPOP COULD MEAN ANYTHING"

and the famous line that could end a career itself "free my mind ARTPOP..  U make my heart stop " 

Sis wtf you literally listed the best lurifs, especially the Gypsy one she's always said she loves men who love their mother dafuq sis

You preffer damn you were in my sexxx dreams doing really nasty things to that... :triggered:

Antonia1
On 19.6.2018 at 10:55 PM, nerdfacekillah said:

but she explained that the lyrics in aura are a metaphor like: do u wanna see the girl who lives behind the aura? with meaning she hides her true self from the media

She even criticizes women wearing burqas respectively the muslim society forcing them to

I do a trick, pretend that I am you until it clicks

Awrah999
On 6/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, Wigless said:

Also, why does no one know the meaning of “you could turn to stone, or the colour of, man petrified, by a woman?”

:ladyhaha: I was always confused by these lyrics too. I thought they meant the man could get an erection (turn to stone) or turn red in embarrassment, but who the f*ck knows. The wording is so confusing, Gaga was probably tripping on acid touching her blonde south when she wrote it 

Awrah999

Lyrically, there are some cringey phrases on ARTPOP the album, such as Aura’s screechy confusingly worded verses, Donatella’s vapid moments, and Mary Jane Holland’s “I am rich as piss” mess and a half.

But in my opinion, sonically ARTPOP shows a great deal of EDM potential/work but there were moments that could be better polished both in terms of production and vocally. 

-MANiCURE should have been left as the Swinefest structure where the “HEEEEEALLLLLLLL MEEEE” is part of the chorus; I think in making this change, Gaga lost it’s single potential as it is one of the catchiest songs on the album with the original chorus, in my opinion

-Gypsy’s demo has harmonies that are better than the studio version, which is a shame since virtually all of her live performances of this track are KILLER; she should kept the high notes of “I can be....I CAN BE TONIIIIIiiIIiiIIIIiight” going into the second chorus and the production is a weird mix of slow/epic and upbeat

-Dope: vocals sound drunk; lyrically it’s a little cringey; I prefer the “I Wanna Be With You” vocals and lyrics and was honestly disappointed with the final change despite appreciating her recognition of her own problems with addiction

-Sexxx Dreams: I love this song but I think the chorus is too noisy; the added “you were in my” echos during the chorus are unnecessary in my opinion and or at least overdone and lyrically “you could turn to stone or the color of a man petrified” is a mess

Overally, however, the album is insanely catchy and I love Gaga’s explorations of crazy themes on the album while making it a very upbeat, party-ready album; the tour ARTrave was also sickening and underrated. However, the album has some last minute changes that could have been made to make it better!

nerdfacekillah
14 hours ago, Antonia1 said:

She even criticizes women wearing burqas respectively the muslim society forcing them to

no she doesn’t. she respects every religion. she has never said that. also when she went in saudi arabia for the artrave tour, she changed some outfits just because of the culture there.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Archived