• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child
1 minute ago, Der Meister said:

I DO NOT recommend watching it. 

EMGNtradingspouses8.gif

Is it bad or did you got scared?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

gabeoz

I saw it with my boyfriend on Monday. It's a good movie, but not for the faint of heart, and it's a lot to take it, it took until hours afterwards because I finally pieced everything together into wtf happened.

Der Meister
9 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Is it bad or did you got scared?

It's dark sided and will make you feel sick at the end of the movie. 

Anderson123

I loved it because it's the type of horror that I also enjoy. The Witch, Babadook, It Comes At Night, It Follows, Rosemary's Baby, etc. It's not exactly cheap jump scares that have been used like a million times in every horror movie and you know it's coming so I appreciated that. If you're going with the idea that you're going to watch another Conjuring or Insidious chapter (Which are movies that I love but are different) then you're going to be disappointed.

RAMROD

It is terrible, you are not wrong!

Which is why it receives D+ mark on Cinema Score! :sharon:

FYI, CinemaScore is a super legit market research firm based in Las Vegas. It surveys film audiences to rate their viewing experiences with letter grades, reports the results, and forecasts box officereceipts based on the data. And have been used by the industry itself SINCE 1979

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Pacify Him

I mean, every American-made horror is truly disappointing anyway

I’m getting on your nerves

Quasi

The scariest parts of the film were not even the supernatural scenes, but it was the scenes when the family had to deal with real life trauma and grief. Very uncomfortable to watch. But as for the hyped up horrific imagery that I would never unsee, that didn't live up to its promise. All in all, it was a long, creepy, uncomfortable and dramatic film that didn't live up to the hype of being the scariest horror movie released to the public, but the performances and score were amazing.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

The Child
4 hours ago, Der Meister said:

It's dark sided and will make you feel sick at the end of the movie. 

Okay then I’m definitely not seeing it.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

This is a great horror movie because it deals with true horror - the loss of a loved one, grief, parent/child estrangement. This is not a Paranormal Activity or It blockbuster horror movie. That's what makes this a phenomenal horror film – the typical horror tropes are avoided here in lieu of legitimately unsettling, uncomfortable, disturbing horror that is relatable and tangible. There are no cheap jump scares, the characters are not pieces of cardboard to be discarded whenever the plot calls for it, and actual care is put into the details of the film. 

Probably my favorite thing about this movie was that I just had no idea where it was going until the very end, and I loved that. It's an incredibly original horror movie with terrific acting and stunning cinematography. 

If you're looking for cheap scares, look elsewhere. This is not your movie.

If you're looking for quality horror wherein you might actually see yourself, give this a try. 

LordEnigma

I was hoping for more.

It just seemed like I was hoping for more and it just kind of hit a quick climax and fell. If they cut out the last 5 minutes - I feel it would have been more unsettling. They tried to tie strings together that never really had strong beginnings.

The performances and cinematography were very strong but the rest was meh. Style but little substance.

LordEnigma
26 minutes ago, Indyl said:

This is a great horror movie because it deals with true horror - the loss of a loved one, grief, parent/child estrangement. This is not a Paranormal Activity or It blockbuster horror movie. That's what makes this a phenomenal horror film – the typical horror tropes are avoided here in lieu of legitimately unsettling, uncomfortable, disturbing horror that is relatable and tangible. There are no cheap jump scares, the characters are not pieces of cardboard to be discarded whenever the plot calls for it, and actual care is put into the details of the film. 

Probably my favorite thing about this movie was that I just had no idea where it was going until the very end, and I loved that. It's an incredibly original horror movie with terrific acting and stunning cinematography. 

If you're looking for cheap scares, look elsewhere. This is not your movie.

If you're looking for quality horror wherein you might actually see yourself, give this a try. 

I thought it seemed like a cheap re-hash of The Witch. I loved The Witch but this movie left no fear or horror or unsettling in me. It seemed to rely on the grotesque at times and I questioned whether I was watching a family drama.

Im glad you liked it though. And I hope the director can continue to grow in his craft as I see a lot of potential.

I guess I just don’t really feel scared of the supernatural so that could be part of it... murder mysteries and serial killers strike fear in me more than this type of horror.

Archived