Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga gets ARTPOP tattoed: "new ink new album"

Danny

Featured Posts

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
toanythingtaboo

I don't love it as album title, nor what she said about Warhol, but I'll still wait and see.

The Warhol reference has been done a million times over in music, it's almost just a given since Gaga has mentioned Warhol over and over. It just seems like it's predictable and same ol' boring career move for an artist that takes their self serious.

It's old hat and done by every major artist in the past. Even the lesser thans.

I would even go as far as to say that if one were to reference Warhol now in this age, it'd be good to try and do it in a subtle way and leave people wondering, but these artist always have to name drop, like it gives them credit and pedigree.

Oh really?

Gaga's already referenced Warhol, and there's no telling how she'll go about it this time. May not even be explicit referencing. Besides, he had plenty of work/philosophies that aren't as widely known or referenced. It's not all soup cans and Marilyn Monroe.

KillerQueen

Oh really?

Gaga's already referenced Warhol, and there's no telling how she'll go about it this time. May not even be explicit referencing. Besides, he had plenty of work/philosophies that aren't as widely known or referenced. It's not all soup cans and Marilyn Monroe.

I am an Andy Warhol AND his scene collector and I know that she mentioned him before. You don't know what you are talking to me about. I am well studied in Warhol. I'm just bored of it being a cookie cutter of progress step for every pop music artist, every decade. It gets boring and it's never done well.

I said that I'd wait and see what Gaga does with herself before I judge. I'm just disappointed that this is what she is coming at us with. It's old hat and predictable.

I'm really digging the name. The simplicity works in this case, and it fits with Gaga. :)

People calling it a boring name yet the **** themselves and want THE FAME Gaga back.

How do you know that those who call it a boring name are the ones that want Gaga to return to The Fame?

It's an album title. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think an album title is indicative of what an entire album will be like, then lol @ you.

Almost everyone that dislikes the title criticizes it as that, not the album itself.

Some of you do nothing but complain... Really. You didn't like any of the album titles, it's like no matter what she does, you have something to whine about.

What happens is that this fan base is really large, and it's impossible to please everyone. With every thing Gaga does, some will like it, some will not. Inevitably, someone will dislike it. And it's not really complaining, more like expressing an [negative] opinion.

Archived