💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is ARTPOP the best album of this generation?

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Venus Warhol

It was the most fun era to follow cause she was absolutely free and didn't give a f*ck ... :fthis:

But with outfits, anthems and musicvideos in mind.. BTW wins! :classy:

Enigma

Not musically

Not in terms of the actual videos and stuff either

BUT if everything had went like expected (visual album, ARTPOP app, etc), it would have been the best era of the generation. 

Some people use the fate of ARTPOP to shame it and call it a flop, but I prefer to think about all the potential it had and praise it for what it was supposed to be :diane:

Phlop

The singles should’ve been

Applause

Venus

Do What U Want feat. Xtina 

Manicure

Gypsy

BYE

peto flex
9 hours ago, Derpplause said:

no, that would be To Pimp A Butterfly... let's not be delusional :awkney: 

but ARTPOP serves them bops tho :tony: 

There isn't such an album :emma:

💎💎

Smother Em Eh

Not the “best” but one of the best 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Xoxo Adriana

Thats a definite no. 

Even though ARTPOP was definitely no doubt one hell of a record, it does not compare to any of the best albums of this generation, Joanne in my opinion was far better than ARTPOP, lyrically and music production wise. After the recent ARTPOP-esque followups from different artists (Witness by Katy, Double Dutchess by Fergie, Lemonade by Beyoncè etc) ARTPOP seems to be nothing new. By the way I'm not suggesting those three artists took inspiration from ARTPOP, I'm just giving those as examples of album eras that relied more on visual aesthetics rather than the music itself.

Also with the constant flood of overrated hit wonders (Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift) its becoming harder for both old and new artists to score a hit album. Ed Sheeran in particular, his future albums will probably continue to get more hits because of his big fanbase and the GP's love for him. Christina Aguilera just made her biggest comeback of her career (6 years with no album) yet nobody seems to care? 

What I'm trying to say is, these days if the music doesn't appeal to the GP and whats "trending", then you can forget about a hit album. ARTPOP wasn't an album for the GP, which is sad as I personally loved it.

Archived