Jump to content
Lady Gagain Vegas
Click here to book your Las Vegas hotel at VEGAS.COM
news

Mark Nilan working on new music with Gaga right now

Featured Posts

Raccoon
7 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

When is everybody going to stop with this “Generic” crap?!?

If Country/ Americana music was hugely popular at the time of “Joanne’s” release, you would refer to the album as “Generic”. 

You do realise that “Pop” is short for “Popular”, right?

”The Cure” is Pop. That’s that. 

Its not as though Gaga created the song just to jump on the bandwagon and get a number 1. She didn’t even promote it. 

I know, and that's why I don't complain about it being released as a standalone single.

The Cure has a very simple instrumental, very Justin Bieber's Purposeish, but again, no real problem on releasing it at the time. I just don't want an album full of The Cure like songs, thats all lol.

#JoanneVibes
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxblac
21 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

When is everybody going to stop with this “Generic” crap?!?

If Country/ Americana music was hugely popular at the time of “Joanne’s” release, you would refer to the album as “Generic”. 

You do realise that “Pop” is short for “Popular”, right?

”The Cure” is Pop. That’s that. 

Its not as though Gaga created the song just to jump on the bandwagon and get a number 1. She didn’t even promote it. 

giphy.gif
I don't understand these hoes calling it 'generic' like bitch stfu

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ModernEcstasy
23 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

I know, and that's why I don't complain about it being released as a standalone single.

The Cure has a very simple instrumental, very Justin Bieber's Purposeish, but again, no real problem on releasing it at the time. I just don't want an album full of The Cure like songs, thats all lol.

I get you. 

I need power Ballads as well as bops. 

Also, I feel that some of her more experimental songs are her best!

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
S0436

Ladies, let’s hear the music first!  So far we’ve heard 15 seconds of The Shallow

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryJaneHolland
42 minutes ago, mikesoaa said:

is gaga in LA? her stylist is going to LA atm

She is 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
adammonroe
47 minutes ago, mikesoaa said:

is gaga in LA? her stylist is going to LA atm

Yes, she'll probably have a Haus Editorial moment. :sis:

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moebius
3 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I don't know why you guys keep downplaying "The Cure," it's an amazing song. It's incredibly catchy, and it was a nice refresher from the Americana/folk/rock/pop/country album that was Joanne.

tbh if they produce anything like that, I'd be perfectly fine with it. Besides, most of y'all wouldn't be complaining if it was like a #1 hit.

Oh my ****ing god if The Chainsmokers made the same **** song yall would create new words just to drag it to the pits and ditches.

Its a bland boring tired tropical pop song. Its basically an insult to Gaga's other art, even Joanne.

Inb4 "she did basic pop bops during the fame and yall didnt complain" dont even START comparing the fame with this. Innovative pop perfection that revolutionized the pop scene vs. a movie reject that derived from trend hopping.

 

I know everyone has their opinions and **** but you cant even compare this song with Gagas previous stuff. You just cant say its an AMAZING song when gaga has 4(5) albums of amazement behind her belt.

🎠

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!
  • Like 11
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
M Monstre
2 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Oh my ****ing god if The Chainsmokers made the same **** song yall would create new words just to drag it to the pits and ditches.

Its a bland boring tired tropical pop song. Its basically an insult to Gaga's other art, even Joanne.

Inb4 "she did basic pop bops during the fame and yall didnt complain" dont even START comparing the fame with this. Innovative pop perfection that revolutionized the pop scene vs. a movie reject that derived from trend hopping.

 

I know everyone has their opinions and **** but you cant even compare this song with Gagas previous stuff. You just cant say its an AMAZING song when gaga has 4(5) albums of amazement behind her belt.

🎠

I actually quite like the song. I don't think having anyone else produce/sing it would change my personal view of the song, but the fact that it's from Gaga makes it better for me.

Also, how is this an insult to "Gaga's other art." It's definitely a more mainstream song, but that in no way means that it's "an insult." It's frankly just different. By that logic, you'd probably also think that Joanne as an album, and singles like "Million Reasons," were insulting to her career.

I also never said that this song was better than any other song from her discography, or that this song was the absolute best from Gaga. I just think it's a nice song, and like I said, it was a nice refresher from Joanne. Where do I indicate there that "The Cure" was a vastly superior song?

And to be quite honest, I don't think The Fame revolutionized the pop scene. It was rather the singles combined with Gaga's innovative and provocative persona. If you wanna talk innovation, do you know how many know The Fame as an album? Not a lot. People know the singles (Just Dance, Poker Face, etc.). However, they are also reminded of Gaga's eccentric outfits, which I'd argue had a larger impact on how she revolutionized the music industry.

💗🧡💛💚💙💜
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RickMonster98

Uh, another soon-to-be scrapped song to add to the other 19380, good to know :triggered:

%25EA%25B2%259F%25EC%2595%2584%25EC%259B

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pawprint
13 minutes ago, mister max said:

He posted zgain!

What did he post??

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
mister max
8 minutes ago, Pawprint said:

What did he post??

Dflz0L-WkAAJYgr.jpg

he is confident :)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rifek
3 hours ago, mister max said:

Dflz0L-WkAAJYgr.jpg

he is confident :)

OMG! The progress is real :giveup:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GreekGod
12 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

When is everybody going to stop with this “Generic” crap?!?

If Country/ Americana music was hugely popular at the time of “Joanne’s” release, you would refer to the album as “Generic”. 

You do realise that “Pop” is short for “Popular”, right?

”The Cure” is Pop. That’s that. 

Its not as though Gaga created the song just to jump on the bandwagon and get a number 1. She didn’t even promote it. 

No. A big no. 

Gaga has always been a pop girl, but her music has always differed from the status-quo, what is atop the commercial charts. It pushes boundaries, does not follow trends. The Cure is an exception on that. 

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GreekGod
12 hours ago, maxblac said:

giphy.gif
I don't understand these hoes calling it 'generic' like bitch stfu

Those hoes are right tho. The production of the song IS generic. It’s not even an opinion, just check songs played on radio lol.

 

OT: #2018RadioIsOurs

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×