💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My expectations on A Star Is Born (Trailer 2)

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

More dramatic Lady Gaga scenes. Since the first trailer showed a lot of scenes featuring Bradley Cooper (from beginning til the end of the trailer), I thought the second trailer should open with Gaga instead. I imagine Gaga having a monologue or something without any music in the background, I'd like the trailer to show off her facial expressions and dialogue delivery. We heard that she has a lot of dramatic scenes in the movie, I think it's useful to show off one of them because obviously the Academy IS watching the trailers, and they need to be further convinced that Gaga is an Oscar contender. I thought Bradley did a fantastic job in the first trailer, and while Gaga was amazing too, I just need the second trailer to convince me that Gaga could rival other experienced actors such as Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.

A solo track from Lady Gaga. Bradley had two songs (Old Ways, Something New) in the first trailer. I think the second trailer needs to feature a Gaga solo track. I don't want the second trailer to give away too much music to the audience, hence I'd say The Shallow (with Bradley's verses) + Gaga solo would be the perfect combination.

Scenes featuring the supporting cast. More scenes from supporting actors such as Sam Elliot and Dave Chappelle. I believe that Warner not only will submit Bradley and Gaga to the Academy for awards consideration, I think Sam and Dave will be submitted for supporting categories as well. For this movie to score as many nominations as possible, the talent of the supporting cast needs to be showed off now.

Announcement of the lead single. The trailers of La La Land made it clear that the two singles that will be pushed for awards were City of Stars and Audition (The Fools Who Dream). Guess what? They ended up getting two nominations with one of them winning.

Critics' opinions and accolades. If you watch the trailer (second trailer of American Sniper) below, you will see that Warner has included critics' praises for both the director Clint Eastwood and Bradley for their direction and performance.

I think by the time the second trailer lands, the film will have been submitted or screened to critics and journalists (perhaps through an early premiere) and it'd be cool to include critics' positive reviews for the film in the trailer. Just imagine the headlines already 'Lady Gaga stuns in debut role' 'Bradley Cooper delivers one of the best performances of his career.' 'Bradley Cooper proves a rising talent in directorial debut' 'A must-watch film of the year' :giveup::giveup: It would convince the public (including the Academy) that this film is worthy to watch and award.

Starbucks

I really hope they will show Gag's puss puss in the second trailer, but oh well, "save the best for the last" they say :lolga:

Your everyday cups of kindness

SwissMonster

That clickbait title though :toofunny: I thought the second trailer was out :messga:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Bradley
Just now, SwissMonster said:

That clickbait title though :toofunny:

What's wrong with the title? :rip: It's exactly what the content is.

Bradley
Just now, Ryusei said:

Is there gonna be a second trailer? 

Warner Bros usually release two trailers for each movie.

nerdfacekillah
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

More dramatic Lady Gaga scenes. Since the first trailer showed a lot of scenes featuring Bradley Cooper (from beginning til the end of the trailer), I thought the second trailer should open with Gaga instead. I imagine Gaga having a monologue or something without any music in the background, I'd like the trailer to show off her facial expressions and dialogue delivery. We heard that she has a lot of dramatic scenes in the movie, I think it's useful to show off one of them because obviously the Academy IS watching the trailers, and they need to be further convinced that Gaga is an Oscar contender. I thought Bradley did a fantastic job in the first trailer, and while Gaga was amazing too, I just need the second trailer to convince me that Gaga could rival other experienced actors such as Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.

A solo track from Lady Gaga. Bradley had two songs (Old Ways, Something New) in the first trailer. I think the second trailer needs to feature a Gaga solo track. I don't want the second trailer to give away too much music to the audience, hence I'd say The Shallow (with Bradley's verses) + Gaga solo would be the perfect combination.

Scenes featuring the supporting cast. More scenes from supporting actors such as Sam Elliot and Dave Chappelle. I believe that Warner not only will submit Bradley and Gaga to the Academy for awards consideration, I think Sam and Dave will be submitted for supporting categories as well. For this movie to score as many nominations as possible, the talent of the supporting cast needs to be showed off now.

Announcement of the lead single. The trailers of La La Land made it clear that the two singles that will be pushed for awards were City of Stars and Audition (The Fools Who Dream). Guess what? They ended up getting two nominations with one of them winning.

Critics' opinions and accolades. If you watch the trailer (second trailer of American Sniper) below, you will see that Warner has included critics' praises for both the director Clint Eastwood and Bradley for their direction and performance.

I think by the time the second trailer lands, the film will have been submitted or screened to critics and journalists (perhaps through an early premiere) and it'd be cool to include critics' positive reviews for the film in the trailer. Just imagine the headlines already 'Lady Gaga stuns in debut role' 'Bradley Cooper delivers one of the best performances of his career.' 'Bradley Cooper proves a rising talent in directorial debut' 'A must-watch film of the year' :giveup::giveup: It would convince the public (including the Academy) that this film is worthy to watch and award.

you made me so excited about the next trailer with this analysis:excited2:

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Rudz Xinc

I hope not. I want them to be shocked for the first time when they watch her acting. The first trailer was great without showing too much.

Look at those clowns

SwissMonster
6 hours ago, Bradley said:

What's wrong with the title? :rip: It's exactly what the content is.

I thought the second trailer was out. You deleted a part of my comment. Also not the only one who thought that:

4 hours ago, DawnNutella said:

I thought a 2nd trailer was out and got really excited. :triggered:

tenor.gif

Also, don’t take every comment from me as a personal attack, you seem like reacting really fast when I comment something under your posts/thread. I have nothing personally against you so stop. Just because we had an argument once :triggered:

Bradley
2 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I thought the second trailer was out. You deleted a part of my comment. Also not the only one who thought that:

Also, don’t take every comment from me as a personal attack, you seem like reacting really fast when I comment something under your posts/thread. I have nothing personally against you so stop. Just because we had an argument once :triggered:

Jesus Christ I did not delete your comment. You edited it after I quoted you. What the fck

You're sensitive as fck I don't even want to argue with you. And I don't even consider that an argument, I considered it a discussion. I can't believe you took it this way.

SwissMonster
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Jesus Christ I did not delete your comment. You edited it after I quoted you. What the fck

You're sensitive as fck I don't even want to argue with you. And I don't even consider that an argument, I considered a discussion. I can't believe you took it this way.

Sensitive? :laughga: What did I say? Why you are so rude directly? I don’t wanna argue too...Just wanted to explain myself.

Sorry, English is not my first language. Thought that argument and discussion is the same...

Just don’t wanna get in trouble with you...

Bradley
7 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Sensitive? :laughga: What did I say? Why you are so rude directly? I don’t wanna argue too...Just wanted to explain myself.

Sorry, English is not my first language. Thought that argument and discussion is the same...

#1 I did not even consider any of your posts as a personal attack, so stop accusing that I do.

#2 My thread title is perfectly fine. It's written in plain English language and there's nothing clickbaitory about that. You can go ask the moderators to change my title and I assure you they're gonna tell you that the title is perfectly fine. I only replied to you because you made a weird statement and I had to ask you why.

#3 I did not delete any part of your comment. You simply edited it after I quoted you, which is a perfectly normal thing to happen here on GGD since users type our comments simultaneously at the same time.

SwissMonster
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

#1 I did not even consider any of your posts as a personal attack, so stop accusing that I do.

#2 My thread title is perfectly fine. It's written in plain English language and there's nothing clickbaitory about that. You can go ask the moderators to change my title and I assure you they're gonna tell you that the title is perfectly fine. I only replied to you because you made a weird statement and I had to ask you why.

#3 I did not delete any part of your comment. You simply edited it after I quoted you, which is a perfectly normal thing to happen here in GGD since users type our comments simultaneously at the same time.

I got that. But still came her cause it just seemed like the second trailer is out and you give your opinion about how the movie will be AFTER this second trailer. Here you have my explanation.

And why should I ask moderator to change the title? I mean I don’t care honestly. I just said it cause I expect something else, I wasn’t even thinking of you reacting to this comment.

Can we just make peace, cause you seem intelligent and a person wich I can have good discussions with in some future threads maybe. 

Archived