💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

A Star Is Born Trailer

Dawson

Featured Posts

CanadaGoesGaga

Reading through the comments, I think the problem some of you have is you are just too familiar with Lady Gaga and can't separate the artist from the actress from the human.

As someone who went to school for acting, I just find some of these comments about her acting ridiculous. One, we've barely seen enough to even have an opinion, and two from what I see it all looks very normal, which makes me concluded that the issue is some of you are just not able to unsee Gaga, thus colouring your opinion with fallacy. 

It is like when you see yourself on camera, often you see all the mistakes, you think you look unnatural, but then everyone else is like "YOU WERE SO AMAZING" etc. I think we are just a bit too close, and know too much about her to really be subjective.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BeerFear

I love the vibe, love their chemistry and love the music.

The acting? Not convinced yet. Im going to have to see the full movie before I can form an opinion :shrug:

metalguru
24 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Your perspective is a joke.

Just because you come from a place of negativity with your posts it doesn't make you seem smart. It makes you seem bitter and jaded, especially in an instance like this where you don't have the skill or experience to offer a professional opinion or critique, nor do you have the full context of material to make any real in depth assessment as an amateur critic or general viewer.

You're saying the chicken tastes bad but all you've done is look at the menu.

Try to improve your very flawed approach.

no, all i am saying her performance is in the trailer is not satisfying. i also noted that she can turn things around throughout the whole 120 something minutes. normally i really like her acting, she always puts something personal in there, but in the trailer i found her a bit too typical, with a very reactionary acting style. like the "what?" scene. it is a typical "reaction" of an "innocent but promising cute girl" role. it turns itself into a self-parody, and not in a critical way. she seems really "serious". 

again, i found the trailer really weak. and it is my opinion. this is why trailers exist. to get an opinion before the release. 

ShockPop
3 minutes ago, metalguru said:

no, all i am saying her performance is in the trailer is not satisfying. i also noted that she can turn things around throughout the whole 120 something minutes. normally i really like her acting, she always puts something personal in there, but in the trailer i found her a bit too typical, with a very reactionary acting style. like the "what?" scene. it is a typical "reaction" of an "innocent but promising cute girl" role. it turns itself into a self-parody, and not in a critical way. she seems really "serious". 

again, i found the trailer really weak. and it is my opinion. this is why trailers exist. to get an opinion before the release. 

I don't think you understand human interaction.

Pierre
39 minutes ago, metalguru said:

it is better than to say yes to everything without a perspective. 

this trailer doesnt cut the bread for me. and when any artist, musician, poet, writer... is exposing his/her art to me, plus wants me to buy it, the artist has to face my opinion to make me convert and buy stuff.

We are sure Gaga @BorisIsHere is ready to face your opinion and your perspective:laughga: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

metalguru
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

I don't think you understand human interaction.

i don't need it to raise a self-jugdment of a trailer from an upcoming movie. it didn't do good to me. i will still watch the movie. maybe it is going to be great. maybe not. the end. 

metalguru
Just now, Pierre said:

We are sure Gaga @BorisIsHere is ready to face your opinion and your perspective:laughga: 

i don't know him :laughga: i mean no shade i just don't know people here enough. is he an admin?

Pierre
2 minutes ago, metalguru said:

i don't know him :laughga: i mean no shade i just don't know people here enough. is he an admin?

That's Gaga's account.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Katie14
21 minutes ago, CanadaGoesGaga said:

Reading through the comments, I think the problem some of you have is you are just too familiar with Lady Gaga and can't separate the artist from the actress from the human.

As someone who went to school for acting, I just find some of these comments about her acting ridiculous. One, we've barely seen enough to even have an opinion, and two from what I see it all looks very normal, which makes me concluded that the issue is some of you are just not able to unsee Gaga, thus colouring your opinion with fallacy. 

It is like when you see yourself on camera, often you see all the mistakes, you think you look unnatural, but then everyone else is like "YOU WERE SO AMAZING" etc. I think we are just a bit too close, and know too much about her to really be subjective.

Well for me I think all her acting was good except for the two facial reactions I mentioned so I dont think I'm having trouble separating her from her role. I think most people who are critical are turned off by those facial reactions as well not all her acting in the trailer. I my be wrong. Any way,  I really like your theory and I thought about the same thibg when people were critizising her in ahs

metalguru

one positive note then. i really like the shallow :laughga: sounds like a well-structured, epic song. 

metalguru
1 minute ago, Pierre said:

That's Gaga's account.

i am not scared she would understand me

metalguru
2 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Well for me I think all her acting was good except for the two facial reactions I mentioned so I dont think I'm having trouble separating her from her role. I think most people who are critical are turned off by those facial reactions as well not all her acting in the trailer. I my be wrong. Any way,  I really like your theory and I thought about the same thibg when people were critizising her in ahs

i love her in ahs. she was cool. and stiff in a charming way :laughga:

metalguru

so here comes my theory

ahs was gaga's the hunger (bowie's vampire movie with catherine deneuve which he was a bit stiff but satisfying and cool like gaga's ahs performance)

and a star is born would be her labyrinth, kitsch, over the top, but somehow popular :laughga:

Emigrante

Went through comments on youtube and simply EVERYONE is praising how good it looks, how Gaga is good and Bradley. Came here expecting the same thing, but as usual the ones that are bashing Gaga the most are her fans. xd

I won't allow some teenage crybabies to ruin my feelings and excitement about this movie. xd

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

nikola
4 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

Went through comments on youtube and simply EVERYONE is praising how good it looks, how Gaga is good and Bradley. Came here expecting the same thing, but as usual the ones that are bashing Gaga the most are her fans. xd

I won't allow some teenage crybabies to ruin my feelings and excitement about this movie. xd

Its only few of them that always hate on here

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived