Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

A Star Is Born Trailer

Dawson

Featured Posts

SKANK
6 minutes ago, metalguru said:

guys...

i am excited for gaga and all the fans. but where is the oscar material? the story is so predictable, done multiple times.

and gaga's acting doesn't look really promising. she looks little bit too theatrical. maybe it is her "innocent-girl" acting, before fame arrives, and she would present a different persona after the first half of the movie. yet, i can't find any surprises in her acting, nor in the story. 

i think gaga could be a great actor but it is really about the script and her state of being. i mean, during the btw days, her acting was spectacular. her own ecstasy was reflecting on her. in a limited story like a star is born, i can't see her going forward.

everything looks really typical. 

i love the song at the end though. hope it is less screamy.

Last year the film that won Best Picture at the Oscars was The Creature From The Black Lagoon The ReUp. The trope of a woman falling in love with a beast has been told and re-told since the invention of story telling.

It's not about the originality of the story, it's about how it's told.

Don't worry.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
Just now, metalguru said:

i am talking about the scene. and i explained my context; maybe she is playing the dumb before "fame" arrives. but throughout the trailer, her acting is really meh. 

and it's not even a full minute of that scene, wait until you get the full context before going in hard and calling it cheesy and predictable etc

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

metalguru
Just now, SKANK said:

Last year the film that won Best Picture at the Oscars was The Creature From The Black Lagoon The ReUp. The trope of a woman falling in love with a beast has been told and re-told since the invention of story telling.

It's not about the originality of the story, it's about how it's told.

Don't worry.

i mean i would like to see a postmodern remake of a star is born, starts like the original, goes punk, ends  in cruelty. 

metalguru
Just now, ryanripley said:

and it's not even a full minute of that scene, wait until you get the full context before going in hard and calling it cheesy and predictable etc

that kind of a face expression doesn't need a context lol.

Glamourpuss
38 minutes ago, lennon said:

I had absolutely no expectation.

You guys are not objective. It looks so bad, cheap & cheesy . I cringed the whole time...I can't be the only one? 

She's going to get destroyed by critics I can feel it. 

I'm not happy to say that by the way. Oh well.... We'll see...

I know what you mean. It looks so cliché but what you've got to remember is that it is a remake and not a completely original story. I'm excited for it because her voice sounds phenomenal. I'm rooting for it to do well and not going to pan it before I've seen it. 

Juanjo

Omg, omg, omg! Yaaaaasss! Come on, Oscars, come on, top box office! She sounds spectacular, and Bradley sounds soooo good, too! I need this soundtrack, and I need October to come! :excited2: 

LaLuna

WHAT?????? We've been waiting for this for like centuries and it comes out while I'm at work :saladga:

It looks really, REALLY good, and Gaga fits the part so well. She and Bradley seem to have amazing chemistry. I'm officially HYPED 

tenor.gif?itemid=4233227

ShockPop
8 minutes ago, metalguru said:

horrible scene. really cheese. maybe she is trying to be innocent american girl but still it is just not pleasant to watch and almost laughable. 

I just looked at your posting history. Live a better life.

metalguru
5 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

I just looked at your posting history. Live a better life.

it is better than to say yes to everything without a perspective. 

this trailer doesnt cut the bread for me. and when any artist, musician, poet, writer... is exposing his/her art to me, plus wants me to buy it, the artist has to face my opinion to make me convert and buy stuff.

ShockPop
1 minute ago, metalguru said:

Your perspective is a joke.

Just because you come from a place of negativity with your posts it doesn't make you seem smart. It makes you seem bitter and jaded, especially in an instance like this where you don't have the skill or experience to offer a professional opinion or critique, nor do you have the full context of material to make any real in depth assessment as an amateur critic or general viewer.

You're saying the chicken tastes bad but all you've done is look at the menu.

Try to improve your very flawed approach.

GABEL
4 minutes ago, metalguru said:

No one is doing that:huntyga:

If you've been here long enough you would know this site had zero expectation for this movie, now we are praising it because it's really good

But you have every right to say whatever you want I guess

SKANK
1 minute ago, metalguru said:

i mean i would like to see a postmodern remake of a star is born, starts like the original, goes punk, ends  in cruelty. 

What you are saying is, you want to see a different film. Which is fine, but that isn't what they made. This is a remake of a classic love story.

But again, I would hold off on any criticism about actual story telling till you have seen more than a trailer.

nikola

I am not surprised to see certain members on this forum hating the teailer.... its excpected from them tbh

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

ryanripley
18 minutes ago, metalguru said:

that kind of a face expression doesn't need a context lol.

i mean it does but go off :emma: 

you could just say "this doesn't seem like what i expected but i'll wait until i see the full thing before i judge it" :emma: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived