💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Troye Sivan Responds To Backlash

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Yuuri

Screen-Shot-2018-06-04-at-3.25.51-pm.png

On Wednesday (May 30), Troye Sivan announced that he would be embarking on a North American tour, joined by pop starlet Kim Petras.

After seeing backlash to the tour announcement, Petras took to Twitter on Friday (June 1) to release an apology, saying, “While I’ve been open and honest about my positive experience with Dr. Luke, that does not negate or dismiss the experience of others or suggest that multiple perspectives cannot exist at once. I didn’t communicate this clearly in the past."

Now, Sivan has released his own statement in response to the backlash. “I’ve heard you over the last few days and wanted to take the time to handle this situation sensitively because i care deeply about all of you, and everyone involved,” the pop singer said in a statement on Twitter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/pride/8459010/troye-sivan-responds-kim-petras-dr-luke-backlash%3fsessionid=p8tBZliQohUGfYYsXXsBsE5NhVJJGiUdub7jwaFhp0I

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DelusionalGaga

He said that when he was presented with the opportunity to have Petras support him on tour, he was elated, but not without hesitation. “I love Kim’s music and think she’s an incredibly important artist. I wanted to support her without supporting the professional circumstances around her, which was an obvious challenge.”

He added that he was not aware of some of the comments Petras had made in the past interviews. “I since have read them and was troubled by them, like you. The opinions communicated in these interviews don’t align with my personal values or the values of the tour.”

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? He's saying he knew from the beginning it would be controversial to have her on tour because of her "circumstances" but then goes on to say that he didn't know about her comments prior to that? Am I missing something? :huh:

Gohan
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

what did she do

Showed support for Dr. Luke

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

StarstruckIllusion
2 minutes ago, Gohan said:

*Puke. If you're gonna talk about him at least get his name right :sis:

adamsenigma
17 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Kim is amazing, she deserves more success!

Stream this BOP!

There's no way I'll support someone qho opnely defends a raper. Thanks tho. :vegas:

ryanripley
6 minutes ago, Gohan said:

giphy.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

XXXXX

I'm not into basic teen pop music. Does anyone know if these artists are actually talented?

edit: the word "basic" was not used to offend anyone, but describe the way I feel about this kind of music

Eros92

I love Kim. 

She said done comments earlier in her career kinda oblivious to the situation but now she’s retracted what she said so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gladys622
1 minute ago, Mariah said:

I'm not into basic teen pop music. Does anyone know if these artists are actually talented?

I love Troye. He’s not the best singer in the world, but he’s good and makes 10/10 music. Plus he’s cute. Idk about Kim tho but that doesn’t really matter because she’s definitely canceled.

boom boom cherry

Archived