Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

"Katy Perry Can't Sing"

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore

I left a mark :giveup: when this woman does acoustics she's untouchable and that's the TEA

♡ nyc ♡

Chamaquito

Just like Taylor Swift, she’s at her best when she’s doing acoustic songs. And not dancing.

I’m actually nice.

Florian

Let's say she's limited.

She can sing the hell out of some of her songs. But some others are just a huge mess everytime she performs them 

Kimmo

Everyone can sing... now not all of us are good vocalist, some even become better singers after learning how to control their voice and range. On that note we can just say that Katy can sing, she’s just not a good vocalist I guess?  :oprah:

Hottie Detector

Smother Em Eh
7 minutes ago, Florian said:

Let's say she's limited.

She can sing the hell out of some of her songs. But some others are just a huge mess everytime she performs them 

Well that’s because honestly she doesn’t have much “range” to begin with so she can sing in the limits of her range. :madge:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Luxe Ford
4 minutes ago, Xxtin said:

Everyone can sing... now not all of us are good vocalist, some even become better singers after learning how to control their voice and range. On that note we can just say that Katy can sing, she’s just not a good vocalist I guess?  :oprah:

This, this and this! 

And at least her voice doesn't have to be autotuned within an inch of its life.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

derpmonster
12 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Well that’s because honestly she doesn’t have much “range” to begin with so she can sing in the limits of her range. :madge:

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Ranges are like d!ck sizes. You can stretch it a little, fill it with more energy and blood, but it's limited. :selena: Like our queen Gaga said, "It's not how big, it's how mean." :ohwell:

Though, without being mean to her (:giggle:), yeah, I don't like her singing all that much. But the problem isn't range. If she can sing the hell out of some of her songs, great for her!

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Ranges are like d!ck sizes. You can stretch it a little, fill it with more energy and blood, but it's limited. Like  ourqueen Gaga said, "It's not how big, it's how mean." 

:air: Only on GGD :gaycat:

Bradley

She's not the best vocalist out there but she definitely can sing. She's a decent vocalist in the studio, I mean she hasn't won any Grammys but she's been nominated for many times.

I've also seen Witness: The Tour live and she was actually pretty good. Not Gaga-level good but good.

Kimmo
Just now, Bradley said:

She's not the best vocalist out there but she definitely can sing. She's a decent vocalist in the studio, I mean she hasn't won any Grammys but she's been nominated for many times.

I've also seen Witness: The Tour live and she was actually pretty good. Not Gaga-level good but good.

Yes she’s a decent singer, sometimes I wonder why the Grammys refrain from giving her an award  :neyde: 

I need answers 

Hottie Detector

migamiga
3 hours ago, Smother Em Eh said:

She actually has a range (more than gaga i would say) but she just doesn’t know how to control it. Gaga on the other hand has mastered how to control her voice but the range is just limited

EDIT: Idk why i'm getting the lmao reaction. It's true... Not saying gaga doesn't have a decent range. I just meant limited compared to other vocalists. For example, gaga rarely ventured into her falsetto until C2C. Katy on the hand has a naturally higher voice but she can still sing pretty low. However, Katy doesn't have good technique so her belts and shifts are shaky. By no means am I saying katy is the better singer. She just as a naturally broader vocal range. I think people get control confused with range/ability... 

shame

what she did here was illegal

also @ 3:42 is magical :flutter:

angels forever, forever angels

Skinny Legend

Katy is more of a good songwriter imo than a vocalist/performer. She's decent but just like Sia i picture them in the studio writing songs and playing with their guitars.

She truly deserves some grammy. Even flops like Chainsmokers have one. Not fair.

Archived