Jessica Germ
36 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Don't forget the #8 hit :triggered:

And the bop at #32

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chickens in Malibu

According to conspiracy theorists, the flop was a punishment from the illunimati after Gaga broke her contract with them :laughga:

NIGHTCRAWLER

another day another "ARTPOP wasn't a flop" thread 

Seriously, let's move on, we look like psychotics

culturalbaptism

ARTPOP was an underperformance. We got to witness real flop albums in the last couple of years...

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Nobody thinks ARTPOP was ahead of its time tho:laughga:

Most of people here also don't think ARTPOP was a flop:laughga:

And we've seen threads like this 612156 times before:laughga:

I enjoyed listening to ARTPOP but to be honest the album is not that good ... Nothing new when it comes to the sound ofthe album (stop pretending like it was gaga invented EDM) and the lyrics is so cringe worthy exept for few songs ... And please stop with "the Gp is getting tired of gaga" opinion because it's soooo stupid .. If gaga made a hell of a great album with a good sound (no matter if it was experimental)  and revolutionary concept the gp would eat it blindly...  I still love ARTPOP but it's not her best shot and i hope she learn the lesson of not working with a good team . 

sipthistea

We have answered this a million times :huntyga:

It's just time to keep moving on. 

SHALLOW

Oh, so you're telling me you heard something like Aura or ARTPOP before? :triggered:

Mr S
3 hours ago, Chamaquito said:

I just think is time for this fanbase to let the good sis rest in peace.

Reveal hidden contents

i agree with u tho

Agreed. Ditto for DWUW.

culturalbaptism
8 hours ago, Anisko said:

I enjoyed listening to ARTPOP but to be honest the album is not that good ... Nothing new when it comes to the sound ofthe album (stop pretending like it was gaga invented EDM) and the lyrics is so cringe worthy exept for few songs ... And please stop with "the Gp is getting tired of gaga" opinion because it's soooo stupid .. If gaga made a hell of a great album with a good sound (no matter if it was experimental)  and revolutionary concept the gp would eat it blindly...  I still love ARTPOP but it's not her best shot and i hope she learn the lesson of not working with a good team . 

I agree. ARTPOP is my least favorite Lady Gaga album.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Bradley

I'm confused as to this thread actually dragging or defending ARTPOP.

It's one of my favourite albums of all time and it's filled with 15 solid tracks, the era was fantastic to me, despite its lack of promotion for G.U.Y., and lack of singles, but we still got a ton of wonderful performances and the tour was massively entertaining which grossed over $83 million from 79 dates. Like you said, it sold 2.5 million copies worldwide and spawned a top 4 hit, a top 13 hit, it's hardly a flop. I think she did fine.

TropicOfCANCER

Why do we pretend like promo was bad? She was everywhere during ARTPOP. 

Joshie S

No I do agree with you, somewhat. There were a lot of factors why this album didn't happen the way it was intended. Gaga had been planning this since probably 2010, she knew what she wanted to do throughout her career.

I could go on for days about what is one of the most iconic projects ever that is ARTPOP, but I'll focus on what you're saying.

This is true, the EDM style of music was really popular at the end of 2012, early 2013.. but it fast got old from mainstream music and everyone was kinda tired of it. 

So, obviously around this time.... is when Gaga had that show in Montreal. Yeah, I think we all know the one. This is where everything started to go wrong. 

Well, I mean, it had been progressively getting worse for months, but this is the first official point where ARTPOP suffered severely. With a lot of things. Timing, circumstances in pop culture (which effected her management). Depression. After that faithful night happened a lot of things changed. 

For almost a year she had been teasing a new album full of visuals, promises, more promises and more promises (that the fans still hold her to, to this day).. however she was dealing with probably the worst thing that could of happened at that point. She had made all these promises, and she was physically broken.

So, during her downtime she really dreamed of what she wanted to create, but then when the time had to come where she had to *million reasons chair spin around gif* come back into the limelight and be Lady Gaga again. 

She literally told us what went wrong with ARTPOP and why it turned out like it did. She was not given the appropriate time to express her art the way she wanted, so she simply ceased all further promotion so that Troy would not continue to profit from her. (At this point was completely out of Gaga's life).

Then, after everything we know of the ARTPOP promo era, she then sacrificed her time out of life so that she could tour the world because she wanted to make the fans happy. Even though Troy continued to gain from her doing this, she did it for us. This is also why she didn't promote any other singles etc. but she gave us the G.U.Y. masterpiece, but that's a whole other story lol.

Anyway.. back to your point.. by the time Gaga was ready to release, the public wasn't here for it musically, even THOUGH it was her best work to date. It's so artistic, I mean, here we were years later still talking about it.

Isn't that what art is all about?

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Archived