💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - Pre-order 'A Star Is Born' soundtrack!

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Edible Cloud
22 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

GGD telling liddos to preorder the soundtrack before Shallow's release when what they should do is buy Shallow THEN preorder the soundtrack so the song's sales count

giphy.webp

Ok, so, I will cancel my pre-order, buying Shallow, and re-pre-order ASIB :vegas:

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iTunes India Pre-orders:

1. A Star Is Born Soundtrack (+49)

i-

we won @allmyindianfams

nickipoint.png

36 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Don't they count either way? Once a song is paid for and downloaded, even if it is part of a pre-order, it should as single sales for that week? Otherwise why would any artist have instant-grat tracks?

Pre  order = 1 album sale when the album drops.

Buying 1 song before the pre order = 1 single sale instantly when you buy the dog. 

i think 🤔 

I think they should release Shallow same day as the movie. Then they’ll assure debut sales week + debut streams week + benefit from the movie promo all at the same time

1 minute ago, OBEY said:

I think they should release Shallow same day as the movie. Then they’ll assure debut sales week + debut streams week + benefit from the movie promo all at the same time

go to the new thread, noone is here anymore :poot:

Mulholland
7 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Pre  order = 1 album sale when the album drops.

Buying 1 song before the pre order = 1 single sale instantly when you buy the dog. 

i think 🤔 

Right, but I think that if you have a pre-order and a pre-release song downloads, that counts as an immediate sale of the song. You are charged for the song at that point, so it would be weird if it didn't count as a single sale.

4 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Right, but I think that if you have a pre-order and a pre-release song downloads, that counts as an immediate sale of the song. You are charged for the song at that point, so it would be weird if it didn't count as a single sale.

it doesn’t because you paid for the album aka 12.99 and not for the song 1.29

Mulholland
Just now, OBEY said:

it doesn’t because you paid for the album aka 12.99 and not for the song 1.29

You aren't charged for a pre-order until it becomes available or it ships though. (At least on iTunes and Amazon.) When I pre-order on iTunes, I am not charged anything, unless singles download. Then I am charged $1.29 per song, and then the remainder of the album cost when it releases.

Gypsy Life
50 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Don't they count either way? Once a song is paid for and downloaded, even if it is part of a pre-order, it should as single sales for that week? Otherwise why would any artist have instant-grat tracks?

Nope. Instant grats stopped counting a couple of years ago if you preordered the album before a track is available. I think (Not sure) that they count if you preorder the album AFTER the track is out, but take that with a grain of salt.

Artists do instant grats to drive more hype and preorders to the album attached.

3 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

You aren't charged for a pre-order until it becomes available or it ships though. (At least on iTunes and Amazon.) When I pre-order on iTunes, I am not charged anything, unless singles download. Then I am charged $1.29 per song, and then the remainder of the album cost when it releases.

but still, i’m pretty sure it’s an album sale cause you bought the album, not a single sale bc you didn’t buy the single alone :emma:

Mulholland
1 minute ago, OBEY said:

but still, i’m pretty sure it’s an album sale cause you bought the album, not a single sale bc you didn’t buy the single alone :emma:

I don't know why it wouldn't count for both. I don't think artists and labels would be putting out pre-orders and instant-grat tracks if the single sales didn't count. I also don't know how half of the pre-release songs that chart their first week would be able to do so unless pre-order downloads counted.

Also, you could get the single and then cancel a pre-order, but you've still paid for the song.

I could be wrong about it, it just sounds off to me.

3 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

I don't know why it wouldn't count for both. I don't think artists and labels would be putting out pre-orders and instant-grat tracks if the single sales didn't count. I also don't know how half of the pre-release songs that chart their first week would be able to do so unless pre-order downloads counted.

Also, you could get the single and then cancel a pre-order, but you've still paid for the song.

I could be wrong about it, it just sounds off to me.

they chart with the singles purchase + track streams they get

Mulholland
1 minute ago, OBEY said:

they chart with the singles purchase + track streams they get

Streams aside (they are irrelevant to this point), I find it hard to believe, especially back in the digital download era, that pre-sale downloads were not factored into first-week sales. Since the majority of pre-orders are made by fans, that would be the equivalent of disqualifying all fan purchases of a song.

Because when a pre-order song downloads, you are charged $1.29, literally making it a song sale. And I feel like labels would not let something like that go uncounted for chart consideration.

55 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Streams aside (they are irrelevant to this point), I find it hard to believe, especially back in the digital download era, that pre-sale downloads were not factored into first-week sales. Since the majority of pre-orders are made by fans, that would be the equivalent of disqualifying all fan purchases of a song.

Because when a pre-order song downloads, you are charged $1.29, literally making it a song sale. And I feel like labels would not let something like that go uncounted for chart consideration.

well believe it because that's the way it is ! :emma:

• Admin unpinned and locked this topic

Archived