💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was it like...

teawhore

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

I remember being infuriated at Roars first day views on YouTube and it being #1 everywhere.

This was the era where I left the Applause video on loop all night so I could contribute views. 

An absolute mess :messga:

In my messy era.

kabirartfling

I sometimes find myself thinking that only if applause was released on another date, month, how huge of a hit it would have been! Obviously from GP point of view roar was much more relatable and catchy. But applause had that accentric touch that screamed lady gaga.

Give your love to me

Bradley

They're actually two of my favourite pop stars so despite the constant comparisons and pitting off against each other, it was actually a very interesting period of time if you're a pop music stan. They were delivering single after single, performance after performance and the competition actually made them quite ambitious.

So yeah it wasn't too bad for me.

Iluvartpop

I WAS ENRAGED HAHAHA :selena:

It kicked off the era where I rooted her the most!!! (still do):hor:

I listened to Roar cos my friends kept saying it was really good and catchy with a good message but I totally didn't get it. :selena: There were so many other songs on the album that were much better. aka Uncon / WOA

Then there were people who were like "Gaga's song doesn't make sense or the lyrics aren't meaningful" 

BUT IT SPAWNED THE GREATEST LYRIC OF ALL TIME

If only Fame had an IV, baby could I bear, Being away from you I found the vein put it  in here

-The transition and reference to her previous work

-Using an IV as a literary metaphor to describe her desire and intimacy (even on a dangerous/painful level)

-Find the vein - She needs to find and locate herself after being away for so long from her fans 

Plus the Koons and pop culture lyric- so much ambition and MEANING. WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY THE LYRICS BEING MEANINGLESS??!?!?

Archived