:

:

:

opinion

Gaga Fans Are The Reason Why Gaga Isn't Successful

Dunk96

Featured Posts

Dunk96

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I feel as though since Born This Way,many of Gaga's fans have turned against her going into different genres of music (experimental EDM with ARTPOP,jazz with Cheek To Cheek and bluegrass/indie with Joanne,but as if this is any mystery to anyone),but I think I really know why Gaga hasn't been as successful since the conclusion of Born This Way.

Many of Gaga's fans want her to still make the music she was making with her first three projects (The Fame,Fame Monster,and Born This Way) and many fans are still waiting for "the new" Poker Face,Just Dance,Bad Romance,Paparazzi,Born This Way,Judas,Alejandro,etc. The fans truly don't want Gaga to experiment with new genres and they want her to stay in a box with her music and appeal to the LGBT audience she grew with her beginning projects. I just think it's sad that so many of her fans turned on her and have said nasty terrible things about her and her musical direction. I notice it most on here (obviously because I dare not go on Twitter) and I see countless threads and statuses about Gaga's success and her music. The fans are the problem,not her. Gaga's not successful because the fans hinder her success by not buying her projects. For a while,Gaga's sales were a force to be reckoned with,but starting with ARTPOP her sales have slowed down. I've bought both ARTPOP and Joanne at the beginning of their release cycles to support her and I do genuinely love the music of those two albums (my parents bought me Cheek to Cheek for Christmas so it technically counts as a sale). Honestly even if Gaga one day put out an album I didn't really enjoy,I'd still buy it to support her because I love her so much. Just my two cents,don't shoot the messenger.

I hope LG6 brings Gaga fans back together and we can go back to a happier time before the chaos with her hip injury.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mariomania1234

But she is successful....lol. Still one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. Still filling up stadiums and also having one of the best selling female albums of 2017. So not sure where this "unsuccessful" line of thinking is coming from.

and her fans contribute to a very,very tiny portion of her success and sales in the grand scheme of things. This goes for all huge artists.

ryanripley

i agree that her truly loyal fanbase does seem to come across as smaller as her peers but that's the price of an ever evolving artist

gaga doesn't fit in with the rest of the pop girls cus she's incredibly versatile and each album attracts a new audience and pushes away an old one

she's special for a reason, i wouldn't expect her future to be filled with just pop records like a lot of stans crave and bully her for

although the only real flops in her career are MTN, GUY, her music video view decline and streaming numbers lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Suspiria

I mean ARTPOP was still very much in the same vein as her earlier work? I think most people's problem was that it wasn't "Art" enough. And Joanne isn't bluegrass lol :ladyhaha:

I'm pretty sure everyone on this site has bought/streamed all her albums, that's just what stans do. The GP lost interest in her, and that's just facts. She needs to regain the GP's interest to get success, she already has her fans support (that's what makes them fans...)

joannesrats

I don't think this at all. All of her loyal fans still buy each and every album and single. The reason that her sales are down is purely for the fact that everyone's sales are down. This isn't an issue with her, it's just that people are buying music less. Now if we talk streaming, it's because she hasn't released pop music in this streaming age. 

The fans aren't the problem, it's the industry. Also, the fan base isn't that small. She still wins many awards based on voting, just look at that MTV Queen/King of pop thing and the AMAs just to name two recent examples

Spoiler

Also literally no bluegrass music is on Joanne

River

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa

flagellanten_holzschnitt_15._jahrhundert

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

freebit

Her fans are the reason she's able to go #1 with C2C and Joanne.

Yes, her fans can be infuriating, but all her fans don't share the opinion of vocal online ones (same for anything, even TV shows). BTW's opening numbers were an anomaly in her career because her previous two albums had so much momentum in regards to casual listeners jumping on board.

HugoJG
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Gaga fans are the reasons Gaga has a career 

This.

Is not our obligation buy everything she does just because we are fans. If she is not successful like before is because GP doesn't like her like before. 

Meredith Grey

She’s not as successful right now because popularity is like a roller coaster for EVERYONE. Every celebrity has career highs and lows. Look at Katy, Taylor, Beyoncé, Madonna, Cher, Bieber. She will have another highly successful album and she will have another “flop” album. It’s just the way it is.

LIKELADYAGAGA
27 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

But she is successful....lol. Still one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. Still filling up stadiums and also having one of the best selling female albums of 2017. So not sure where this "unsuccessful" line of thinking is coming from.

and her fans contribute to a very,very tiny portion of her success and sales in the grand scheme of things. This goes for all huge artists.

She rivaled Michael Jackson for success 8 years ago. Now she’s on selena Gomez and Ariana grande level.  I think a fanbase has more influence than just sales. They’re the kindle to the fire. 

LIKELADYAGAGA
6 minutes ago, Meredith Grey said:

She’s not as successful right now because popularity is like a roller coaster for EVERYONE. Every celebrity has career highs and lows. Look at Katy, Taylor, Beyoncé, Madonna, Cher, Bieber. She will have another highly successful album and she will have another “flop” album. It’s just the way it is.

Taylor and Beyoncé didn’t have 7 year gaps between big albums. The fanbase just hasn’t been as electrified during promotions anymore. :/  no single persons fault. Hopefully little monsters will rally for lg6

RAMROD

If you mean casual fans, yes.

But loyal fans always buy her records. I cannot say for everyone, but very hardcore ones does. And find their way to enjoy her new sounds sooner or later.

For younger people, they reacted more strongly cos they don't have experience with many genres of music before, they don't have something to compare to. But that is not the issue, the inability to open their minds to something new and foreign is. I am talking about particular group of people who only want to listen to certain genres and all other genres are trash to them. That is not very good way to live imho sksksksks, it is much better to have never say never attitude cos a surprise will always be there for you.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Galagala

:firega::firega::firega: Her success was built by her team and herself with all those great hits, attractive outfits, iconic videos ,and a really tight but helpful schedule then.

Her failure was obviously not caused by little monsters.:huntyga: She even had a really perfect chance to rise to top again after her fabulous February in 2016, but she decided to release Joanne instead of some pop hits. It was all her thoughts and choices. (Apparently, :tony:Rihanna and TaylorSwift know better that what kind of works/styles could grab popularity than Gaga. )

Yeah, in terms of commercial performances and the popularity, she isn't successful now. However, everything now depends on her own decisions so I think at least she is happier than before. I won't judge if releasing what is dreamy for yourself but not others is successful/wise. 

I love Gaga because of her pop bops, not those Joanne songs. Nonetheless, I still love her and everything from her. :wub:

giskardsb

besides the fact that she is obviously still very successful, and that many pop stars would love to "fail" like she does, the biggest problem I think is with the pop industry and pop radio itself.  They are the ones responsible for assuming that the public just wants to hear easily digestible songs that all sound alike.  I think the pop industry doesn't give listeners enough credit for having a wider tolerance for different types of music than they think.

Archived