❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
question

Is Ariana escaping the fourth album curse?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Ariana's new single "No Tears Left To Cry" has been very successful thus far. In the US, NTLTC debuted top 3 (her highest charting single in 4 years) and has stayed in the top 10 on the hot 100 for its entire run, you can almost say the same for it on iTunes. The song is also a success WW. The song is #2 on kworbs WW iTunes chart and #3 on their European iTunes chart. It's number one on the WW Apple Music chart and #3 on the European one. It's number 5 on the global Spotify chart. 

Its been very very successful in pretty much every metric you can imagine. This is kind of interesting because many artists have declines in their fourth album eras, it's become known as the "fourth album curse". Based on the success of NTLTC, is Ariana escaping that problem?

Phaye Monster

Let’s not forget that Applause was a strong first single WW. 

There’s still time:vegas:

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

RAMROD

Doubtful, her first single or buzz single didn't really make a dent. The reason people talk about her is always that Manchester tragedy, but people not gonna talk about that forever.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ryanripley

i hope so, can't wait for this album and i'm hungryyyyy for more

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Sepsami
3 minutes ago, Phaye Monster said:

Let’s not forget that Applause was a strong first single WW. 

There’s still time:vegas:

ARTPOP's bad managment was it's demise, not it's music. Y'ALL KNOW DWUW would've smashed if it got the proper treatment and continued momentum for the album, we were robbed of so much potential that era :madge: 

BBhomemaker

Well I hope for her but Pharrell have tendency to make all the pop girl flop :awkney:

Versace
7 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Ariana's new single "No Tears Left To Cry" has been very successful thus far. In the US, NTLTC debuted top 3 (her highest charting single in 4 years) and has stayed in the top 10 on the hot 100 for its entire run, you can almost say the same for it on iTunes. The song is also a success WW. The song is #2 on kworbs WW iTunes chart and #3 on their European iTunes chart. It's number one on the WW Apple Music chart and #3 on the European one. It's number 5 on the global Spotify chart. 

Its been very very successful in pretty much every metric you can imagine. This is kind of interesting because many artists have declines in their fourth album eras, it's become known as the "fourth album curse". Based on the success of NTLTC, is Ariana escaping that problem?

The same can be said about 

Chained To The Rythm and Applause 

Its usually what comes after the lead single that determines if the 4th album curse is in effect or not 

Here's hoping she slays but honestly I can confidently say that songs like 

Problem, Break Free and Side To Side had more impact and longevity than No Tears 

Born To Slay
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Doubtful, her first single or buzz single didn't really make a dent. The reason people talk about her is always that Manchester tragedy, but people not gonna talk about that forever.

How did it not make a dent? It's been very successful on the charts as the op points out. How is being number 2 on WW iTunes, #1 on WW Apple Music and #5 on Global Spotify, over a month after release not making a dent? 

Fish
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

people outside the uk do not talk about Manchester. The song is a success. Its no Problem, but it is a success.

Ryusei

if the album's good sure and if NTLTC is any indication it will be :staymad: 

She'll have more singles and she's actually doing promo so I'm not worried. 

Musery

BeIIadonna
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

if the album's good sure and if NTLTC is any indication it will be :staymad: 

She'll have more singles and she's actually doing promo so I'm not worried. 

If NTLTC is an indication then I don't see any hope for me liking it :selena: 

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, Versace said:

Its usually what comes after the lead single that determines if the 4th album curse is in effect or not 

Problem, Break Free and Side To Side had more impact and longevity than No Tears 

it's only when the first single debuts at #4 it seems :poot: 

NTLTC debuted at #3 so :lolly: 

Musery

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, Versace said:

How can you say that they had more longevity? NTLTC is still charting, very well too.

LADYGAGASHOOCK
8 minutes ago, MonsterGaga5555 said:

If NTLTC is an indication then I don't see any hope for me liking it :selena: 

:neyde:

You lovely bish:bon:, let good sis NTLTC live:huntyga:

Archived