đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has the ability to revive American Horror Story

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
12 hours ago, Seeka said:

They're not really the same genre, so comparing them completely in their quality isn't going to matter.

Also good ratings doesn't mean a show is good or shouldn't be out out to pasture. Supernatural has dragged on for 13 (15?) seasons. Bones has 12 seasons. Both great shows but should have ended a while ago.

I believe in letting a good thing go before it let goes of you. AHS is gonna let go of Ryan pretty soon it feels like.

For someone who thoroughly enjoyed Roanoke and Cult, I can't relate to that. Sure it's not getting as many awards as it used to, but ratings are consistent, fanbase is still there, critical reviews are still positive.

Just because they're not the same genre doesn't a comparison can't be made though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
12 hours ago, Bio said:

Gurl, Hotel was a terrible season, Roanoke and Cult pissed all over that. AHS doesn’t need to be revived. They’re on their 9th season and Ryan’s got newer and shinier stuff, of course that’s gonna get all the attention.

Hotel is rather controversial, some fans liked it, some fans don't. You're one of the ones who don't. :emma:

I think AHS will stick around for a couple more years though. Because while Ryan's new shows are amazing, why not keep both? AHS still has a steady fanbase and ratings are good and critics love it.

Bradley
13 hours ago, freebit said:

I think part of the reason is that Sarah came up in TV before Peak TV and had no star-making roles prior to AHS & the Ryan Murphy oeuvre. But, yeah, it's true that different factors helped work in Gaga's favor with landing a big studio project after only one season of AHS (younger, a large amount of fame, a pop career etc.) It kind of reminds me of this random comment I read once on either Deadline or Just Jared that said Gaga had a bigger chance of ever starring in a Martin Scorsese vehicle than Taylor K due to her status as a celebrity (it was over a headline that said Gaga would love to see Taylor in a Martin Scorsese movie with Leo...:deadbanana:). Anyway, I'm thrilled that Sarah's time is finally now, she really deserves it (not so sure she should waste her momentum on a Nurse Ratched series on Netflix :ohno:, but I understand she's loyal to Ryan). 

I think she views TV as equally prestigious as movies and that's why she keeps starring in Ryan's shows. It's getting her tons of Emmy nominations and awards after all. And for all we know, the EGOT are the most prestigious awards in the entertainment business and she's really good at getting the 'E' part.  I mean even though the Oscars are generally considered as the highest honour, they are put on the same league after all. That's why she's not letting it go which I think is a wise choice since it launched her to stardom after all.

Anyway I had no idea Ryan's making a series called Nurse Ratched. I just found out that. He has so many shows. :air:

Is Ryan still working with FX for ACS, AHS, Pose and Feud? Or has Netflix obtained the distribution rights to all of his series?

Bradley
11 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Hopefully not. I rather her stick to music and movies.

They do?

Yes they do. Her episodes are always acclaimed or positively reviewed by critics. Some critics actually praised her acting.

Bradley
8 hours ago, androiduser said:

not really sure she can, her season had much lower ratings than the previous ones

Ratings =/= critical reviews. Gaga's episodes are always positively reviewed by critics in comparison to say Wes Bentley's episodes.

FRANK1991

With such terrible writing, AHS is such a bore only saved by the great cast

so yes I agree :huntyga:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

monketsharona
14 hours ago, androiduser said:

not really sure she can, her season had much lower ratings than the previous ones

Actually not really true : Murder House, Asylum, Hotel, Roanoke and Cult had the same average of rating overall

Only Freak Show and Coven had much higher ratings.

And still the show is still doing strong. Cult had a little low because of the change of timeslot. AHS 8 is probably back on Wednesday

Seeka
16 hours ago, Bradley said:

For someone who thoroughly enjoyed Roanoke and Cult, I can't relate to that. Sure it's not getting as many awards as it used to, but ratings are consistent, fanbase is still there, critical reviews are still positive.

Just because they're not the same genre doesn't a comparison can't be made though.

I don't know. I am just the type of person who starts something with an end in sight. I believe in letting something run its course or saying goodbye while the getting is good. I kind of have a feeling ahs is gonna lose momentum especially if Ryan adds a new show every month. He should create the climax and end it before it drags on and no one cares anymore.

Bradley
6 hours ago, Seeka said:

I don't know. I am just the type of person who starts something with an end in sight. I believe in letting something run its course or saying goodbye while the getting is good. I kind of have a feeling ahs is gonna lose momentum especially if Ryan adds a new show every month. He should create the climax and end it before it drags on and no one cares anymore.

It's an anthology though, it doesn't really have a climax for the whole series, the story starts afresh every year and ends shortly after the premiere of each season.

Anyway I do agree that if Ryan keeps adding shows, AHS will lose its popularity because honestly his new shows are overshadowing AHS, especially Feud and American Crime Story. Pose might even be added to the list if it does exceptionally well.

Seeka
43 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It's an anthology though, it doesn't really have a climax for the whole series, the story starts afresh every year and ends shortly after the premiere of each season.

Anyway I do agree that if Ryan keeps adding shows, AHS will lose its popularity because honestly his new shows are overshadowing AHS, especially Feud and American Crime Story. Pose might even be added to the list if it does exceptionally well.

It's an anthology with stories loosely related stories to one another.Characters from one can appear n another. Plus haven't the writers and Ryan said they wanted to tie all the stories together?

Plus it really needs to stop being advertised as "horror". AHS is horror based drama, using tropes prevalent in horror in a drama format. While everyone knows this, it still doesn't seem to be common knowledge that AHS isn't meant to be scary.

Archived