Albums that Suprised You?

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music
11 hours ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

I don't know if you're going to agree with me, but Reputation surprised the hell out of me.

With the release of "Look What You Made Me Do", I was completely surprised by the dark visuals, lyrics, and sounds. Then, "...Ready For It?" was released a week later, and I did not expect Taylor Swift rapping in a song. :emma: I ended up repeating the songs, and I never got bored of them. I got obsessed with the snake imagery, and I started to love throwing shade at friends who backstabbed me. Coincidentally, they backstabbed me around the album release. The snake imagery was perfect at that time. "New Year's Day" is one of my favorite Taylor songs of all time, because I related to the lyrics by looking forward to graduation day. I cried every time listening to the song, because I knew I was going to miss my friends, that I like to call my second family, so much. The song inspired me to write a song called "Graduation Day", and title my album Graduation:giveup:

I have mixed feelings with what I thought reputation would sound like. I knew because of the whole kanye/kim/katy/calvin/tom thing it would be a very dark looking album. But I also didn't know we would get so many songs about her love with joe (which was a happy surprise). I definitely thought it would be a dark pop album but the rapping on end game and RFI I didn't expect. I also didn't expect the sexual bops that are so it goes... and dress but I love them so much. It did surprise me but In a very good way.

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Lagg

After Laughter by Paramore

The massive shift of genre is understandable and its still undeniably a huge factor

but the lyrical content utilizing the sound they aimed on the record pushed that enveloped further which totally surprised me. Its sonically like a dreaded entity disguised in pastel and rainbows. :selena:

CurlyBeauty

joanne. i was prejudiced at first but its a great album. sinners prayer is a good song tbh its my favorite.

epione free

xoxojohnwayne
12 hours ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

Reputation is my fav of all time i think... Very good feeling of the album  :)

I would say Joanne without Angel Down and Just Another Day (it sounded very good when Gaga was singing a snippet of it, but the whole production messed the song up.) :( 

rumours
1 minute ago, CurlyBeauty said:

joanne. i was prejudiced at first but its a great album. sinners prayer is a good song tbh its my favorite.

Taste found :firega:

xoxojohnwayne
Just now, CurlyBeauty said:

SINNERS PRAYERS IS A BOP!!!!!!!

I am sooo sad that she did not perform it on JWT.. but at the same time, my dates were cancelled so :---) IDGAF

BBhomemaker

Oral_Fixation_Vol._1.png

It's just pure love with everything pain and joy, so pure, so light and wrote with the soul from the begging to the end :blush:

Archived