opinion

Albums that Suprised You?

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours
16 minutes ago, teawhore said:

Jessie-J-ROSE-EP-Production-1-Bright-Red
THIS. WAS. EVERYTHING. :giveup: 

I just heard about this set of EPs today. Is it essentially four pop EPs?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J
27 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Madonna's Ray of Light

Lana's Ultraviolence 

Alanis Morissete's Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie

I prefer that one to Jagged Little Pill. Junkie just has more.....depth. A phenomenal album! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

ssslyboy

This album recently surprised me:

I never thought I'd be getting into a Peggy Lee album, but I discovered this last year (after hearing the title track on the FM Jazz station here in LA), and it's quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite albums.  :wub:

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

Oh wow! :giveup:

@JGD helped me write the horniest song on the album. :poot: "Bed Head" is still on the album. I was thinking about Jack Falahee when writing it. :vegas:

Can I be in the music video? :vegas:

rumours
Just now, That J said:

I prefer that one to Jagged Little Pill. Junkie just has more.....depth. A phenomenal album! 

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Can I be in the music video? :vegas:

You can direct and star in the video. :vegas: Jack Falahee is going to be my co-star. The set is literally a bed in a room. :huntyga:

That J
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Its true!!!!  Well, both are classics! 

Here's a song I always loved just for the heck of it and to cleanse the palette. Good night GGD!  

Suspiria

Born To Die. I had previously been under the normie impression that Lana was "so boring and depressing lmao XD" but then I watched a couple videos and listened to the album and... here I am now, a full time stan.

I'm actually slayed right now just thinking of all those beautiful string sections :diane:

Maleficent
6 minutes ago, That J said:

although her best song from those sessions never got a studio release (No Pressure Over Cappuccino). Wish it had made it on the album (thought the unplugged MTV version slays anyways) 

That J
Just now, Maleficent said:

although her best song from those sessions never got a studio release (No Pressure Over Cappuccino). Wish it had made it on the album (thought the unplugged MTV version slays anyways) 

The Unplugged album is AMAZING. 

JGD
12 minutes ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

Oh wow! :giveup:

@JGD helped me write the horniest song on the album. :poot: "Bed Head" is still on the album. I was thinking about Jack Falahee when writing it. :vegas:

Is it done?  I wanna listen to it :lolly: 

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, That J said:

The Unplugged album is AMAZING. 

The lines "You may never be or have a husband/ You may never have or hold a child/ You will learn to loose everything/ Be a temporary arrangement" always hit me like a truck. I hope she does a back to the roots album again in her career...

The Child

Born To Die & Paradise by Lana Del Rey, I was literally blown away when I first heard these albums.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bradley
1 hour ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

@GaGaSwift I don't know if you're going to agree with me, but Reputation surprised the hell out of me.

With the release of "Look What You Made Me Do", I was completely surprised by the dark visuals, lyrics, and sounds. Then, "...Ready For It?" was released a week later, and I did not expect Taylor Swift rapping in a song. :emma: I ended up repeating the songs, and I never got bored of them. I got obsessed with the snake imagery, and I started to love throwing shade at friends who backstabbed me. Coincidentally, they backstabbed me around the album release. The snake imagery was perfect at that time. "New Year's Day" is one of my favorite Taylor songs of all time, because I related to the lyrics by looking forward to graduation day. I cried every time listening to the song, because I knew I was going to miss my friends, that I like to call my second family, so much. The song inspired me to write a song called "Graduation Day", and title my album Graduation:giveup:

taylor-swift-reputation.jpg?crop=focalpo

@Bradley Joanne is another answer of mine.

"Perfect Illusion" is one of my favorite Gaga songs of all time. I listened to the premiere on iHeart Radio chatting with everyone in the Gaga Daily chat server. It was a wonderful time, and I remember being so shocked. I recorded my reaction, but I lost the video. I teared up, because I missed her so voice so much. The song was everything I wanted it to be; loud, energetic, and crazy. "A-YO"'s release convinced me that Gaga truly changed into a different sound that I didn't know I adored and loved. "John Wayne" and "Angel Down" surprised me the most. Joanne is my favorite Gaga era that I experienced. Everything was unexpected. :giveup:

landscape-1475745795-lady-gaga-joanne-01

I did not know you loved Joanne that much :giveup: Yass stan talent!

It was one hell of an album, and I'm so glad that I get to live in the same generation as Gaga does, she really is a remarkable artist.

As for my answers, I would pick ARTPOP and Joanne. When I first listened to ARTPOP, I got goosebumps all over my body. It was so good. I'm so glad I got to experience the era from start to finish and the tour was massively entertaining. It's one of my favourite albums of all time. Songs like Fashion!, Mary Jane Holland, Jewels N' Drugs took some time but they quickly grew on me and the rest was instant bops. The singles and promotional singles are everything and they are so many singleworthy tracks on this album.

Joanne surprised me especially when I heard Hey Girl, Sinner's Prayer, Just Another Day and John Wayne. She went into a totally different direction and her vocals have never sounded better. The musical composition was organic and she used her voice in a totally different way than she used to. There was very little voice filter and autotune and I knew this album was Grammy material from the first day I listened to it. Her live performances have also improved so much in the vocal field. I knew with this album that her hard work and rebranding efforts have paid off.

Also a more recent answer would be Charlie Puth's Voicenotes. I did not know he was such an amazing producer and songwriter, his album is full of bops and I wish to see him live one day.

Archived