💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hard Candy is amazing

The Bling

Featured Posts

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, Bio said:

People don't like it because it sounds literally like every song from 2006 and it was released in 2008 lol. And because no person in their sane mind would listen to Spanish Lesson, Incredible and Dance 2Night more than once.

Each to their own, I suppose

IMG_0168.gif

:giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skinny Legend

The flops that don't like it can listen to Ed Sheeran. :vegas: Taste wins here. Candy shop, Devil, Beat goes on :lolly:

Amir ARTPOP

It's my favorite Madonna album, and it has my fav Madonna Give It 2 Me. A masterpiece. 

TWITTER - amirishot /// LAST.FM - crystallies

shoful

I don't think that people think it is terrible (I definitely wouldn't say Amazing though), I think people dislike it because it is such a downgrade from Madonna's previous work. Looking at the album itself, it is a pretty good album. A funky and fun dance record with some good ballads. But compare Hard Candy to anything prior to it in Madonna's catalogue. It is a mess haha. I think the main problem people have with it is that it is so childish. All of Madonna's albums from True Blue-Confessions have been pretty mature and reflective of the world problems and her life. So people were probably quaking when they heard Madonna scream: "My sugar is raw" in the opening track when Madonna hasn't really seduced since 20 years prior and hearing that from a 50 year old had everyone like "uhhhhhh." I also think it was the start of what I would like to call "tacky" Madonna. I like to categorize her life like such:

Madonna - True Blue: Young and Fun Madonna

Like A Prayer - Bedtime Stories: Mature/Speaks the Truth/Shocking Madonna

Ray of Light - American Life: Spiritual/Reflective Madonna

Confessions: ICON Madonna (I think this was when everyone really saw her as an icon)

Hard Candy - Rebel Heart: "Tacky" Madonna

Now I really enjoy Rebel Heart and Hard Candy when Im in the mood and I definitely think RH is her best since Confessions, but this Madonna is tacky and this is when she started to destroy her legacy. I don't know if it was cause of the divorce that set her off. But this is the period where she went crazy with plastic surgery/whatever, made tackier and less meaningful music, started to befriend lame celebrities, her vocals severely started to go downhill. Like listen to Confessions tour and then Sticky & Sweet Tour. How does that happen!!!! She sounds amazing and looks SOOOOO HOT in Confessions but she looked childish and gimmicky and sounded shrill in S&S. 

Anyway. I think that album itself is great but its the decline of an icon. I am hoping that her new material and thought process brings her back to the iconic Madonna. 

Sorry If I was too extra with this post, I couldnt help it :toofunny:

@Maleficent You may enjoy this "review"

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Maleficent

@shoful completely agree with you. I think a number of things lead to “tacky Madonna”. Her divorce being a main reason—I not only think that Guy provided a sense of security for her, I think he was also one of the people who managed to tame her (of course it could be argued that he surpressed her).  I aslo think the backlash of American Life and her Kabbalah practice made her afraid of showing that side of herself to the public.  

But I also think we’re moving away from tacky Madonna. While some RH songs were “tacky” (Bitch I’m Madonna, Holy Water) a lot of the unreleased material is much deeper and back to socially aware Madonna (Beautiful Scars, Grafitti Heart, Messiah, WASH ALL OVER ME) 

shoful
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

@shoful completely agree with you. I think a number of things lead to “tacky Madonna”. Her divorce being a main reason—I not only think that Guy provided a sense of security for her, I think he was also one of the people who managed to tame her (of course it could be argued that he surpressed her).  I aslo think the backlash of American Life and her Kabbalah practice made her afraid of showing that side of herself to the public.  

But I also think we’re moving away from tacky Madonna. While some RH songs were “tacky” (Bitch I’m Madonna, Holy Water) a lot of the unreleased material is much deeper and back to socially aware Madonna (Beautiful Scars, Grafitti Heart, Messiah, WASH ALL OVER ME) 

I definitely agree that she is moving in the right direction. I thought RH was a HUGE step in the right direction after the mess that was MDNA. Even tho Holy Water is tacky, I ****ing love it haha. That and Living for Love made me a Madonna fan so I cant trash Rebel Heart.

People always say the Guy "tamed" her or made her not act slutty anymore, but does anyone remember Ray of Light! She was at her most tamed and didn't even meet Guy at that point. I think she was tame because thats how she felt and what she wanted to write. Guy and her were still together when she released Confessions and that pretty not tame haha. But besides that point even if he tamed her, she never tackily wrote about sex and things of that nature until Hard Candy. Yes, she was very sexual pre-Ray of Light, but it was always an ingenious way that she went out about it. She never blatantly stated: Anyone liking her *** or different sexual toys/positions etc. or how she's not like some girls that make you feel like a rocket :toofunny:. So yeah, I agree I think the divorce sent her off a cliff and I pray that she finds her way back to who she was and is. Like even though during her calmer years, she wasn't as outrageous. She still had Madonna written all over her. This Madonna now, doesn't feel like the Madonna that has been around for decades. I really do think she snapped. Which I can imagine. I would hate to ever be divorced. 

Unreleased? Aren't they all on some edition of the album

Lextyr97

Has a couple horrible songs like most of her albums after Ray of Light (Heartbeat and Incredible from Hard Candy, Lovespent, B-day Song, Give Me All Your Luvin, I'm a Sinner from MDNA, Bitch I'm Madonna, and Unapologetic Bitch from Rebel Heart, Shanti :neyde:, Jump, I Love New York, and so on), BUT it's full of great songs!! Love Beat Goes On, Give it to Me, Miles Away, She's Not Me, and DANCE 2NIGHT (BOP OF THE CENTURYYYYYY)

sipthistea

I'm just gonna state the obvious:

4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me are bops :lolly:

shoful
3 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

I'm just gonna state the obvious:

4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me are bops :lolly:

And Candy Shop isn’t :wtfga:

shoful

Has nobody seriously mentioned: Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You!!!! That is easily the best song on the entire album. The intro alone is EARTH SHATTERING. How it goes from that soft craddle sound to hard BEATSSS. I DIE AND RESSURECT AS THE DEVIL EVERYTIME O HEAR THAT!!!

Maleficent
16 minutes ago, shoful said:

I definitely agree that she is moving in the right direction. I thought RH was a HUGE step in the right direction after the mess that was MDNA. Even tho Holy Water is tacky, I ****ing love it haha. That and Living for Love made me a Madonna fan so I cant trash Rebel Heart.

People always say the Guy "tamed" her or made her not act slutty anymore, but does anyone remember Ray of Light! She was at her most tamed and didn't even meet Guy at that point. I think she was tame because thats how she felt and what she wanted to write. Guy and her were still together when she released Confessions and that pretty not tame haha. But besides that point even if he tamed her, she never tackily wrote about sex and things of that nature until Hard Candy. Yes, she was very sexual pre-Ray of Light, but it was always an ingenious way that she went out about it. She never blatantly stated: Anyone liking her *** or different sexual toys/positions etc. or how she's not like some girls that make you feel like a rocket :toofunny:. So yeah, I agree I think the divorce sent her off a cliff and I pray that she finds her way back to who she was and is. Like even though during her calmer years, she wasn't as outrageous. She still had Madonna written all over her. This Madonna now, doesn't feel like the Madonna that has been around for decades. I really do think she snapped. Which I can imagine. I would hate to ever be divorced. 

Unreleased? Aren't they all on some edition of the album

LOL yes I can’t keep up with the different versions of RH (aslo I’ve totally changed the track list and songs in my iTunes library). 

I think Beautiful Game sounds like it could be moving in the right direction. I hope Mirwais brings spirit back into her album again. (I really hope they didn’t produce a song together about all the different places she has sex—I feel like Mirwais would up and leave the room if Madonna tried singing that in front of him)

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, shoful said:

Has nobody seriously mentioned: Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You!!!! That is easily the best song on the entire album. The intro alone is EARTH SHATTERING. How it goes from that soft craddle sound to hard BEATSSS. I DIE AND RESSURECT AS THE DEVIL EVERYTIME O HEAR THAT!!!

Although to be fair that was from pre-confessions era. Originally for the Hello Suckers musical, no?

sipthistea
4 minutes ago, shoful said:

And Candy Shop isn’t :wtfga:

I will only say that the Candy was too sweet for my taste :laughga:

Beat Goes On is also a bop :music:

shoful
1 minute ago, sipthistea said:

I will only say that the Candy was too sweet for my taste :laughga:

Beat Goes On is also a bop :music:

Wow you missed the opportunity to say that her sugar was too raw for your taste :trollga:

shoful
3 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Although to be fair that was from pre-confessions era. Originally for the Hello Suckers musical, no?

I reacted Shook but i lowkey knew that but always forget hahaha. But that explains why its a masterpiece! 

3 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

LOL yes I can’t keep up with the different versions of RH (aslo I’ve totally changed the track list and songs in my iTunes library). 

I think Beautiful Game sounds like it could be moving in the right direction. I hope Mirwais brings spirit back into her album again. (I really hope they didn’t produce a song together about all the different places she has sex—I feel like Mirwais would up and leave the room if Madonna tried singing that in front of him)

Oh I just have the itunes versions so 1-20 (i added autotune baby:huntyga:) for the deluxe and then the EP for the super deluxe tracks. Thats how they were sold on ITunes and I bought them through that. Send me your tracklist. Im intrigued! 

Archived