Was Gaga huge in China?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Damon

is Haroon the president of China or something? :messga:

... and now i just sit in silence.

Oriane
7 hours ago, Easy said:

they will let us be a special administrative region for at least until 50 years after the handover, until 2047.

So what is supposed to happen after that ? Will HK become independant or will it belong to China entirely ?

7 hours ago, Easy said:

what you wrote was “thank you very much for telling the Chinese football fans that I love them”

7 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

You just told me to tell the Chinese football fans you love them :messga:

I found it funny so I checked and I realized that it was "fan" as in 2868066-1.jpg

And now I find it hilarious

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TAIPEI

@Eggsy yes, actually she was banned since 2010 in China.

I remember she was going to brings The Monster Ball tour to Taipei (Taipei Arena) in april 2010. also she has gonna had three concerts in China (Beijing / Shanghai / Guangzhou) at the same time, but becuase of her *insane outfits, acting and performance* caused those 3 shows don't have approval from government officials. then Gaga's team canceled me bcuz Taipei was tied with china leg :toofunny:

Green Detox
3 hours ago, TAIPEI said:

Gaga's team canceled me bcuz Taipei was tied with china leg :toofunny:

Oop. I guess Gaga won’t be able to get a spray tan on holiday in there:bon:

Easy
12 hours ago, Oriane said:

So what is supposed to happen after that ? Will HK become independant or will it belong to China entirely ?

Tbh we don’t know. China has no transparency. It’s probably going to belong to China entirely :toofunny: or they might renew the “50 years no changes” policy? I think it depends on China’s development in the next 20ish years. If it becomes a country that upholds much more “Western” political value, civic education improved drastically, law becomes much more reliable, politicians become much less corrupted etc. They’ll probably merge HK with the country. If not, they’ll renew the policy I think. 

Hong Kong is one of the most important economy in the world together with New York, London, Tokyo, Paris, Sydney etc. because investors trusted the British system and law. They know they’ll be protected by good policy and still be able to explore the Chinese market. If China somehow can offer a system as good as UK or US within the next 20 years, HK will probably lose one of its competitive edges/ China will find Hong Kong useless as other cities around China can also attract international investors. 

If you paid attention to international political news you probably heard of the “Umbrella Movement (or Occupying Central)”, it was kind of like occupying Wall Street thing, many blocked the whole CBD of Hong Kong to protest. It shows that the younger generation really want democracy in Hong Kong. China offered to let us vote for the Chief Executive (equivalent to the president of Hong Kong) under the condition that candidates must be pro-China and pre-selected by the communist party. Which is definitely a type of fake democracy. Tension has definitely risen since the umbrella movement. It was mainly “pan-democrats” and “pro-Beijing” before, now some of our young legislators have a “pro-independence” agenda. China is definitely against HK independence, right now, the more people ask for independence, China give us harsher ****. As much as I want independence to happen I don’t think it will be successful coz the one thing that tells HK apart from a real country is that we dont have our own military power. We basically have no bargaining power. 

Right now, the only hope I have is that they will renew the 50 years policy since as much as China improves politically the next 20 years, it still can’t be Hong Kong. Maybe I’m being too sensitive? But the  culture, language etc. are special. For example I really don’t want to give up Traditional Chinese and Cantonese, languages that HK uses and are much closer to the original form of Chinese. reading aloud a traditional poetry etc in Cantonese definitely resembles the intended pronunciation by the writers than using Mandarin Chinese. Also, traditional Chinese is art, every character is evolved from drawings, pictograms from more than 5000 years ago while Simplified Chinese that China uses now is just random strokes that were designed in cultural revolution to help illiterate read. A Hong Kong - China merger definitely means throwing away some of the best ancient Chinese traditions and culture.

Oriane
49 minutes ago, Easy said:

Tbh we don’t know. China has no transparency. It’s probably going to belong to China entirely :toofunny: or they might renew the “50 years no changes” policy? I think it depends on China’s development in the next 20ish years. If it becomes a country that upholds much more “Western” political value, civic education improved drastically, law becomes much more reliable, politicians become much less corrupted etc. They’ll probably merge HK with the country. If not, they’ll renew the policy I think. 

Hong Kong is one of the most important economy in the world together with New York, London, Tokyo, Paris, Sydney etc. because investors trusted the British system and law. They know they’ll be protected by good policy and still be able to explore the Chinese market. If China somehow can offer a system as good as UK or US within the next 20 years, HK will probably lose one of its competitive edges/ China will find Hong Kong useless as other cities around China can also attract international investors. 

If you paid attention to international political news you probably heard of the “Umbrella Movement (or Occupying Central)”, it was kind of like occupying Wall Street thing, many blocked the whole CBD of Hong Kong to protest. It shows that the younger generation really want democracy in Hong Kong. China offered to let us vote for the Chief Executive (equivalent to the president of Hong Kong) under the condition that candidates must be pro-China and pre-selected by the communist party. Which is definitely a type of fake democracy. Tension has definitely risen since the umbrella movement. It was mainly “pan-democrats” and “pro-Beijing” before, now some of our young legislators have a “pro-independence” agenda. China is definitely against HK independence, right now, the more people ask for independence, China give us harsher ****. As much as I want independence to happen I don’t think it will be successful coz the one thing that tells HK apart from a real country is that we dont have our own military power. We basically have no bargaining power. 

Right now, the only hope I have is that they will renew the 50 years policy since as much as China improves politically the next 20 years, it still can’t be Hong Kong. Maybe I’m being too sensitive? But the  culture, language etc. are special. For example I really don’t want to give up Traditional Chinese and Cantonese, languages that HK uses and are much closer to the original form of Chinese. reading aloud a traditional poetry etc in Cantonese definitely resembles the intended pronunciation by the writers than using Mandarin Chinese. Also, traditional Chinese is art, every character is evolved from drawings, pictograms from more than 5000 years ago while Simplified Chinese that China uses now is just random strokes that were designed in cultural revolution to help illiterate read. A Hong Kong - China merger definitely means throwing away some of the best ancient Chinese traditions and culture.

Yes, I saw a documentary about the Umbrella Movement and the youth wanting to be independent. I hope Hong Kong stays out of China too. It has a unique culture with various influences, and it just evolved differently than China. It wouldn't make sense to merge them and it would make things difficult to everyone, locals and expats.

Alexmeishaonv

I'm from mainland China, Beijing to be exact. She is still big here in China, and we, especially younger generation kids have done as much as we can to support Mother. 

1. We buy her albums from itunes US region, so those can be counted in the actual sales in US

2. We have fans volunteering with the translation of her interviews or talk shows even 5F2 so fans are not  very good at English can have a better understanding with her messages

3. We do our best to stream her songs on apple music or spotify and trust me those are hard bc we have to use VPN to access spotify US 

4. We try to alter the image that the non-fan have due to the mislead by the media (media did a terrible job back in the day during her TF TFM BTW era, claiming shes this attention seeker and has no talent whatsoever...)

5. Ho this one is the best, we give her a nickname, we call her Lady Coming Soon hahaha actually we have quite a few nicknames for her, mainly inspired by her farm ga era and coming soon ara, and we have this inner joke kind of nick name that only Chinese fans can get itïŒšéł–è°·äž€

BTW I'm gonna flying 12 hours to see her Vegas residency and i know some of us flew to US to see her JWT. @BorisIsHere Get ready baby i will be the crazy one jumping and dancing around in that theater!

Easy
17 hours ago, Oriane said:

I found it funny so I checked and I realized that it was "fan" as in 2868066-1.jpg

And now I find it hilarious

Nah,,,Â èż· literally means attract/fans/seduce therefore it was correct. An electric fan should be 扇.

Oriane
4 hours ago, Easy said:

Nah,,,Â èż· literally means attract/fans/seduce therefore it was correct. An electric fan should be 扇.

So Google translate was wrong once again :toofunny:

Yes she is. And as far as I can see she may even be the second biggest American female musician here, just after Taylor Swift.

If she could come here she would easily fill up a stadium.(the thirst for ten years is real:toofunny:)

Archived