Lady Gagain Vegas
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
politics

Harsh Black-Mail Against BC Gaining Popularity In Canada

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/pipeline-decision-too-close-to-chastise-b-c-at-western-premiers-meeting-notley-1.1080673

When Alberta passed the bill last week that would allow it to shut-off Oil and Gas to British Columbia to cripple their economy, The Province of Saskatchewan announced they would also cut off Oil and Gas to BC if Alberta does it first.

Now the Province of Manitoba as well as The NorthWest Territories have vocally supported the need for Alberta to take harsh sanctions against the Province of BC

The Province of Newfoundland had also voiced support for Black-Mail against BC (Newfoundland quotes not mentioned in article above)

Alberta has also suggested bringing back import bans from BC to further damage British Columbia

In Total 6 Provinces have now vocally supported taking whatever action required to get British Columbia to stand down with one of them even offering to join Alberta's retaliations

The Premier of Alberta canceled a trip up North meeting with other Province leader so she could discuss what to do about British Columbia

jesse_batista
  • YAAAS 1

Economy
2 hours ago, Altair said:

Wait why are they black mailing BC? 

Blocking a federally approved interprovincial pipeline the Oil Sector desperately needs. They have no authority to block it regardless of how they feel about it

They withheld permits and when courts said they couldn't they been using stall tactics ever since

They have blocked other projects in the past as well and are largely responsible for Canada having to sell Oil at a $20/barrel discount because of lack of pipeline infrastructure

The loss of revenue affects the whole Country as it's still one of our biggest exports and some other Provinces are starting to get really annoyed, especially Alberta and Saskatchewan the 2 biggest energy producers

And since the Federal Government is doing almost nothing about it (to not loose BC voters), some Provinces are taking the matter into their own hands essentially

Let's show European Internal Bickering how to resolve internal issues :selena: @Melech @Luc @Florian 

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

Florian
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Let's show European Internal Bickering how to resolve internal issues :selena: @Melech @Luc @Florian 

Oh boy... we're about to have HUGE issues with Italy due to the newly elected government :madge: 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

RAMROD

Hmmm, so everyone vs BC now, is that it? :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ my neck ♥ my back ♥ lick my bussy ♥ and my crack ♥

Economy
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Hmmm, so everyone vs BC now, is that it? :diane:

Nah. Quebec said they are on BC side cuz they hate pipelines too

But that's ironic because Quebec is the largest receiver of Canada's equalization payment system (Rich Provinces above National Average pay, poor Provinces below National Average receive)

Alberta the biggest Oil Producer has been the largest Contributer for many years now. If Quebec is against their industry so much it's hypocritical for them to accept the equalization payment money :saladga:

But Quebec is on the other side of Canada from BC and has few trade ties with them. Unlike Alberta and Saskatchewan who can impose actual sanctions not just talk, Quebec can't do much to support other than just talk

jesse_batista

Economy
12 hours ago, Florian said:

Oh boy... we're about to have HUGE issues with Italy due to the newly elected government :madge: 

What's happening with Italy?

I've been focused on following NAFTA issues here in North America as well as the US-China trade disputes

Also this situation here in Canada with defiant British Columbia been taking up my time

Inform me cuz I haven't kept up with Europe last few months

jesse_batista

Derpplause
19 hours ago, Altair said:

Wait why are they black mailing BBC? 

my mind is so wrong for ready it like this :giggle: