Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you miss the old Beyonce?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

L E O

Absolutely not. And guess what? You like the old hits? She still plays them.

austincola
1 minute ago, 053Timo said:

Yes I miss it. I loved pre 2011 Beyoncé. But she has to do whatever she likes. 

I totally forgot she released an album in 2011. 

Seeka

No because obsessing over celebrities and how I think it affects my life (it doesn't) is not my hobby.

Mr S

Not a huge fan so don't care if she's relatable or not. Her interviews were funny though.

But musically she is MUCH better now

ryanripley
4 hours ago, MonsterAura said:

I miss certain aspects of almost all the girls right now.. I miss the times when popstars just made good, fun music.

So many of them take themselves super seriously now. Like they can’t make a simple bop anymore because that would be “selling out” :(

there's so many popstars who do this :rip: 

camila, dua lipa, carly rae jepsen, fergie, katy perry, hailee steinfeld, meghan trainor and taylor swift to name a few

OT: i never cared for old beyonce, self titled and Lemonade are incredible albums so

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RAMROD

Beyonce was never a pop star.

Her only pop sounding album is Sasha Fierce, other than that she have been R&B and Hip Hop through and through. Ever since Destiny's Child.

TV Interviews are not needed anymore when you reach a certain level of stardom, usually they have been in the business for sometime, and they know what works for them, and she perhaps prefer the music speaks for itself, and she is probably uncomfortable with it too. Besides, it helps them to evade from being way over exposed.

Meet and Greet is business move, it is good but not mandatory. Many greats from the past have never do any meet and greets nor they'd often stop for a picture with a fan. And that doesn't make their music any less wonderful.

I'd rather someone who know what works for them than doing stuffs that they don't comfortable with and then doing it half heartedly in the name of quick cash grab, like some of these people who charges fans thousands of dollars but no intimacy at all when they meet, or worse, they'd show you their real face by being horrible to you like Demi Lovato and Justin Bieber for example.

Plus, many of meet and greets are just for the fans bragging rights anyway, especially with the advent of social media, the whole "I meet our faves, and you don't!" ordeal, and it always make the less fortunate fans feels bad about themselves, cos they want it too but can't cos they don't have the money. There are always complaints about this from them each time. And it usually end up in a fight cos the one who got to meet their faves will have "your problems, not mine" attitude over it.

With that said, I do not miss old version of anyone. With Beyonce, I have lots of them, I've been there since day one. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MonsterAura
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

there's so many popstars who do this :rip: 

camila, dua lipa, carly rae jepsen, fergie, katy perry, hailee steinfeld, meghan trainor and taylor swift to name a few

OT: i never cared for old beyonce, self titled and Lemonade are incredible albums so

Well I did say good music, which rules out pretty much all of the girls you mentioned :laughga:
Except Fergie, who actually had one of the best pop albums in a long time imo.

Oyster

I think her artistry is much more complex and interesting from 2013 on. And I think it really works for her and she has the talent to back it up while creating art and making bold statements. New Beyoncé wins hands down! 

Archived