💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Drake failing to top the Radio chart?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

He has all the streaming numbers and bagged the top spot of Hot 100 with God’s Plan and Nice For What

Yet despite God’s Plan debuting and topping the chart for 11 weeks it only peaked at #3 on radio. Nice For What is also having a hard time climbing the top.

is it because urban radios has less impact and Pop radios isn’t picking up his urban sound?:/

OBEY

It doesn't really matter anyway, everyone is streaming the songs anyway, so whether its #3 on #1 on radio he's still getting the #1s and the longetivity.

But for your reference, songs on pop radio can get like 100m audience, when songs on urban radio get 40m. Nice for What is #1 on Urban with 39m right now. God's plan was weeks ago with 45m audience.

Green Detox
26 minutes ago, OBEY said:

It doesn't really matter anyway, everyone is streaming the songs anyway, so whether its #3 on #1 on radio he's still getting the #1s and the longetivity.

But for your reference, songs on pop radio can get like 100m audience, when songs on urban radio get 40m. Nice for What is #1 on Urban with 39m right now. God's plan was weeks ago with 45m audience.

Shows how radio doesn’t matter that much. Pop songs being more exposed out there yet #1s still go to hip hop singles

TropicOfCANCER

Not sure, but can I just say that radio is absolutely spamming to death “the middle,” I don’t think a song has ever been as overplayed as this one 

Freddy

He might not top the radio chart, but he has 3 songs in the top 20 radio tracks tho :wtfga:

Catnikko
1 hour ago, Green Detox said:

Shows how radio doesn’t matter that much. Pop songs being more exposed out there yet #1s still go to hip hop singles

i think the bigger streaming gets the less people get their music from hearing it on the radio

55 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Not sure, but can I just say that radio is absolutely spamming to death “the middle,” I don’t think a song has ever been as overplayed as this one 

So true :cryga:

Dancing in the shadow of the meow

LordEnigma
58 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Not when despacito exists :wtfga:

Luxe Ford
11 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Not when despacito exists :wtfga:

There is sickness you can avoid by - you know - using hand sanitizer and avoiding trouble (don't ask!)

And then there are pandemics which make even the smartest scientists scratch there heads.

Rule #1: if you see someone you think might be infected. STAY AWAY!

And listen to The Cure on repeat!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Andreu
21 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

There is sickness you can avoid by - you know - using hand sanitizer and avoiding trouble (don't ask!)

And then there are pandemics which make even the smartest scientists scratch there heads.

Rule #1: if you see someone you think might be infected. STAY AWAY!

And listen to The Cure on repeat!

In Spotify, if you listen to the cure as downloaded it makes no effect

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Green Detox said:

That’s for a variety of reasons, but a notable one being that hip hop has a much stronger online presence than pop. Pop is good for radio as it’s designed for mass consumption and that is something pushed on people top down, whereas hip hop is more suited to digital and online distribution because it favors a more egalitarian model since it’s material is less about being pushed out from a label and comes more directly from the artist. Just take a look at the number of urban imprints that exist to illustrate that point lol but that also means that it may be harder to get radio to give them spins so urban artists (r&b, hip hop, rap, etc.) marketing and distributing directly to audiences via the Internet is more effective. What you get in the end is an artist that has garnered a larger and arguably more diverse following which leads to their bumped streams.

JohnWayne92

I feel like radio is officially dying, if not close to being dead. Most people I know have bluetooth or AUX cords and they stream. No one wants to be forced to listen to music they dont like anymore. 

Taylor Swift is a good representation of this. Her songs weren't that big on the radio but they were big on Spotify. 

Same with Gaga and The Cure. 

Radio also kind of screwed themselves over by not playing variety for people who are stans. They would only play 10 artists and the same 20 songs on repeat basically. I'll take my spotify anyday lol 

Plus, I know for me, I listen to a lot of artists they dont play on the radio, so that's another big reason to not even bother listening. 

ARTPOP GAGA

If Drake is overrated then all male artists are. You gays have to know the common sense that straight men don't listen to female artists because of their fragile masculinity.

OT: smash on radio or not. Male artists always have the GP by their side.

Archived