Here she is: 

C34fRIUXAAAJ9BY.jpg

She looks like my friend :wtfga:

⚯͛

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Princess Stache

The person who wrote this isn't making much sense.  Joanne and Witness were inherently political, by his logic they both should've been smash hits?  Also, how can he drag Taylor for being a "representation of white America" but be able to explain how her male counterpart, Ed Sheeran was wildly successful (commercially) with songs that have nothing to do with politics?  He's pretty much contradicting himself.

dit
1 minute ago, GypsyBabe said:

She looks like my friend :wtfga:

Can you give me your friends number cuz like that's hot :oprah: 

GypsyBabe
3 minutes ago, Successfulga said:

Basically. People thinking this urban era is lasting are delusional. The culture will shift and they won't be getting their cute streaming numbers anymore.

This is so the truth. Music is like a pendulum...its gonna crash back to pop music or another genre once people get sick of the urban sound. Not that any genre is better than the other, but its natural to get bored of a sound after years and want something fresh. 

Unless the pendulum swings towards country. Thats just unacceptable... :messga:

⚯͛

whore

I think it has to do with how generic pop music is becoming. More and more, the new-age pop artists are starting to sound alike, and the new songs are more overall underwhelming 

rumours
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

Unless the pendulum swings towards country. Thats just unacceptable... 

dolly5.gif

So basically Trump's presidency  is making people favor black artist -and contributing to their success - over white artists.

What annoys me most about this post is the fact that Americans are so consumed by racism that they find away to make everything about just that. ARTPOP was released long before Trump took office and it wasn't as successful as it's predecessors for multiple reason but Trump's presidency wasn't one of them. Younger Now saw Miley do a complete 180; something fans definitely weren't expecting after the rager that was Bangerz. Beyonce & Kendrick were successful -as well as developed hardcore fan bases- long before the Trump presidency. Cardi is successful and famous because people feel that they can relate to her and they admire her journey. Why must their success be based on the fact that the current POTUS is a racist?

I guess this is the New American way. 

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

dolly5.gif

This icon is the the exception :firega:

⚯͛

rumours
3 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

This icon is the the exception :firega:

Thank you for making an exception.

I didn't want to have to drag you by your weave all the way to Dollywood.

0ff57999d5761c028f0fc569c10d1c87--dolly-

SolidSnake
19 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

I think it has to do with how generic pop music is becoming. More and more, the new-age pop artists are starting to sound alike, and the new songs are more overall underwhelming 

This is also my guess. Countless songs about ex-boyfriends arent enough to move cultural in this current environment. 

PunkTheFunk
18 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

Joanne and Witness were inherently political, by his logic they both should've been smash hits?

Vague political references on Joanne + Katy hopping on the woke train and telling us we're chained to the rhythm <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Kendrick's "To Pimp A Butterfly", Childish Gambino's "This Is America", Beyonce's "Lemonade" :ohwell:

23 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

Also, how can he drag Taylor for being a "representation of white America" but be able to explain how her male counterpart, Ed Sheeran was wildly successful (commercially) with songs that have nothing to do with politics?  He's pretty much contradicting himself.

Ed Sheeran is not American, his brand is "nice relatable guy playing a guitar" which resonates with a lot of people and lets him fly under the radar. Taylor's latest era has been a parade of shallow beefs, displays of reputation and wealth (literally her in a bathtub of diamonds) -- and that alienated a lot of people.

SolidSnake
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Vague political references on Joanne + Katy hopping on the woke train and telling us we're chained to the rhythm <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Kendrick's "To Pimp A Butterfly", Childish Gambino's "This Is America", Beyonce's "Lemonade" :ohwell:

Ed Sheeran is not American, his brand is "nice relatable guy playing a guitar" which resonates with a lot of people and lets him fly under the radar. Taylor's latest era has been a parade of shallow beefs, displays of reputation and wealth (literally her in a bathtub of diamonds) -- and that alienated a lot of people.

PunkTheFunk basically said everything right and is now my new best friend.

47 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I love Joanne, but thats true, I wish she went more in than she did with Come To Mama for example

But on the other side, I don’t think Joanne was supposed to be a fully policital album, it was a more personal thing

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Twitter

I wouldn’t put Gaga in the same category only cause her vocals & being versatile will get her far.

Taylor & Katy attempted to keep up with today’s popular genre and culture, which is currently trap/hip-hop and it wasn’t as successful. 

Enigma

Well I did notice that people don’t care about fun stuff anymore. If it’s silly, or not down to earth, it won’t work. The witness era didn’t work because it wasn’t serious enough. 

Everything that’s hot right now is depressing urban stuff or songs about being a bad bitch (Cardi B)

Nowadays if it’s over the top the GP won’t care. They prefer artists with no personality like Ed Sheeran, the Camila / Dua Lipa / Tove Lo / Selena clique, etc

Pop music had its peak around 2009, became slower until 2015 and in 2016 it crashed entirely. Hope it’ll get a revival one day. Until then I’m sticking to old stuff

Archived